Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Sounded like if it where going to be longer than originally thought. Perhaps there'll be another book following it?

Perhaps it could be due to give the recent Alan Grant penned Anderson Dead end story. Btw, read the latest prog? A certain wobot and Miss. is back, also a crook dressssed up in a interessssting way. Lots of fun, but also a bit heart breaking.

Also. Wagner and Staple's Dead Reckoning should show up in the Dredd CFs soon since the upcoming 23 collecting Three amigos. Perhaps in 24 or 25.

Hopefully they'll release the Life and death of Johnny Alpha p.2 soon also. Really want to read that one.

No I have not read the newest one yet the most recent one I have is 1884, get them through LCS but because it has to cross the ocean so I am always behind. Living in the states and loving 2000 AD is no good hate being a behind on them and it will get even worse when a major story you want to read is going on like Brass Sun and you have to wait. I want more Life and Death of Johnny Alpha, or any Strontium Dog the more the better.

RogueTrooper

Hi all. If you get a chance to, could you take a look at my Rogue Trooper short film. Its based on the Remembrance Day story line and was made for an effects based competition. if you could give it a vote, that would be great. Thanks in advance. Chris.

http://www.mastersofcg.com/entries/r...ay-addendum-70

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    No I have not read the newest one yet the most recent one I have is 1884, get them through LCS but because it has to cross the ocean so I am always behind. Living in the states and loving 2000 AD is no good hate being a behind on them and it will get even worse when a major story you want to read is going on like Brass Sun and you have to wait. I want more Life and Death of Johnny Alpha, or any Strontium Dog the more the better.
    I feel you. I'm not so much better off, living in Scandinavia. So I read it digitally through the 2000AD app on my phone (progs also available on 2000adonline.com) or through the TPBs. Looking forward to more Dredd ones and the upcoming reprint of Stickleback.

Have you read Rob Morrison's Ordinary? Originally in the MEG but recently released as 3 issues in 'Murica. Will see a book release this November or something. Fantastic ending. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTrooper View Post
    Hi all. If you get a chance to, could you take a look at my Rogue Trooper short film. Its based on the Remembrance Day story line and was made for an effects based competition. if you could give it a vote, that would be great. Thanks in advance. Chris.

http://www.mastersofcg.com/entries/r...ay-addendum-70
    Cool video. Great job. Will share it and vote for it.

I feel you. I'm not so much better off, living in Scandinavia. So I read it digitally through the 2000AD app on my phone (progs also available on 2000adonline.com) or through the TPBs. Looking forward to more Dredd ones and the upcoming reprint of Stickleback.

Have you read Rob Morrison's Ordinary? Originally in the MEG but recently released as 3 issues in 'Murica. Will see a book release this November or something. Fantastic ending. Highly recommended.
    I have not read it I will have to look at the LCS and see if they have those issues.

Cool video. Great job. Will share it and vote for it.
    Ordinary has been published by Titan Books recently. I saw that in a free catalog they sent me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    Ordinary has been published by Titan Books recently. I saw that in a free catalog they sent me.
    Yupp. Read it both in the MEG and the titan issues digitally.

And soon as hardcover http://www.amazon.com/Ordinary-Rob-W...liams+ordinary

Just pre-ordered the hardcover looking forward to it, I cannot wait for them to put out a Brass Sun trade when it is all done would love it in a nice hardcover.

I've got back into 2000 AD recently, after a 20 or so year absence Population of Mega City only 50 million now? Gosh, I guess the periodic disasters have really taken their toll...

Some excellent stories over the couple of months I've been reading - Chris Weston's art on the Sensitive Klegg story in Judge Dredd was particularly outstanding, I remember reading his work on Indigo Prime in Killing Time, he really is an extraordinary artist.

Prog 1899 wasn't that good, to be sure - the Judge Dredd story had a weak resolution, Brass Sun has a great concept but flat execution, and Black Shuck (a kind of reworked Beowulf) was particularly disappointing. Aquila was the pick, in art and story, and there was a decent Future Shock.

1900 looks to be great though - lots of new storylines, and a fantastic cover by Greg Staples. Can't wait for it to come out next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I've got back into 2000 AD recently, after a 20 or so year absence Population of Mega City only 50 million now? Gosh, I guess the periodic disasters have really taken their toll...

Some excellent stories over the couple of months I've been reading - Chris Weston's art on the Sensitive Klegg story in Judge Dredd was particularly outstanding, I remember reading his work on Indigo Prime in Killing Time, he really is an extraordinary artist.

Prog 1899 wasn't that good, to be sure - the Judge Dredd story had a weak resolution, Brass Sun has a great concept but flat execution, and Black Shuck (a kind of reworked Beowulf) was particularly disappointing. Aquila was the pick, in art and story, and there was a decent Future Shock.

1900 looks to be great though - lots of new storylines, and a fantastic cover by Greg Staples. Can't wait for it to come out next week.
    I am a little behind so have not read prog 1899 but they have had a lot of good stuff lately. I love the Brass Sun concept and enjoyed the first two stories but it does feel very flat. Did you read Jaegir? I enjoyed the first story, I see the second one starts in prog 1893. The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha has been really good. For the drop of population in Mega City it went down very recently from about 400 million down to 50, during the Days of Chaos story line they are collected in trades. If you have been out of Dredd for 20 years check out Origins, America, Tour of Duty, and Days of Chaos a bunch of that is written by Wagner.

I am a little behind so have not read prog 1899 but they have had a lot of good stuff lately. I love the Brass Sun concept and enjoyed the first two stories but it does feel very flat. Did you read Jaegir? I enjoyed the first story, I see the second one starts in prog 1893. The Life and Death of Johnny Alpha has been really good. For the drop of population in Mega City it went down very recently from about 400 million down to 50, during the Days of Chaos story line they are collected in trades. If you have been out of Dredd for 20 years check out Origins, America, Tour of Duty, and Days of Chaos a bunch of that is written by Wagner.
    I read the recent Jaegir story, and very much enjoyed it - so I guess I'll catch up with the earlier storyline shortly.

Thanks for the update on Dredd and Days of Chaos - I'll check it out. I do remember America, because I stopped reading the progs/the Megazine at around 92, so a couple of years afterwards; it's one of the stories which really stuck with me. But I didn't realize it had become a legendary story until recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I read the recent Jaegir story, and very much enjoyed it - so I guess I'll catch up with the earlier storyline shortly.

Thanks for the update on Dredd and Days of Chaos - I'll check it out. I do remember America, because I stopped reading the progs/the Megazine at around 92, so a couple of years afterwards; it's one of the stories which really stuck with me. But I didn't realize it had become a legendary story until recently.
    Yeah America is really good they got a trade collecting all three of the stories Wagner did. Also Origins is a must read as it gives the full origin story but also has a present story line that makes some changes to Dredd, it is written by Wagner and art by Carlos Ezquerra and Kev Walker.

Mighty Member

Yeah America is really good they got a trade collecting all three of the stories Wagner did. Also Origins is a must read as it gives the full origin story but also has a present story line that makes some changes to Dredd, it is written by Wagner and art by Carlos Ezquerra and Kev Walker.
    The complete America can't be recommended enough. Even if a bit dark at times. Origins is also great, and even more so if read together with Tour of duty and Day of chaos!

Btw.

New Dredd from John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra starting in 2000ad next week
    Dredd by Wagner and Henry Flint
    Dark Justice (perhaps Wagner's last epic.) by Wagner and Gregg Staples in the end of the year 2000AD issue.

Good times. VERY GOOD times
    Last edited by borntohula; 09-21-2014 at 12:44 PM.

I am very excited for Dark Justice the art work they have shown is amazing, also good news about more Wagner Dredd he does a great work with Dredd.

Mighty Member

I am very excited for Dark Justice the art work they have shown is amazing, also good news about more Wagner Dredd he does a great work with Dredd.
    Can't wait to see how he'll write Anderson. I think Alan Grant has written her a bit one note cynic lately, and I'm hoping/thinking Wagner will make her come across as a bit more dynamic. Same goes for Judge Death, who was a bit too funny towards the end (when he "died".). But considering how well Wagner has written both PJ Maybe (striking a really good balance between funny and scary.) and Johnny Alpha (especially Blood moon and Life and death. Fascinating how chilling and heroic Johnny comes across in those) I think he'll have no problems pulling it off. Especially not since it looks like it'll be his last Dredd "epic".

But then. What can go wrong. Dark Judges, PJ Maybe and Judge Anderson in a story written by Wagner with Greg Staples being the serving art droid Should at least be as good (as in really good) as Dead Reckoning!

I am all for more PJ Maybe from Wagner he does a great job with PJ whenever he comes up, I also like that PJ's writing style is still like a child.

Day of Chaos: Wot I Did duRiNg the WoRst DissasteR IN Mega-City History

As soon as I see that I just excited for what he is getting into these days. I also love whenever Johnny Alpha has a strong purpose and decides its time to go into beast mode and lay the smack down. The time bomb sending people back 2 seconds in the past over and over is my favorite weapon from any comic.