Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

I think waiting for the hard covers will be the best option for me. As much fun as it was to finally read Slaine on a weekly basis last year (after 25 years of waiting for collected), the hardbacks are the cheaper option here in the States.

I might very well try that upcoming Bisley Joe Pineapples story if it winds up collected here. I've never read ABC Warriors but the design for that character looks so crazy fun I might have to investigate.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

They put out a two nice ABC Warriors hardcovers that are good reads.

^ Thanks for that info. I might look into those during a graphic novel sale.

Once again finances changed so I was able to pre-order the 2000 AD monthly packs from my comic shop, it's still cheaper to wait on collected and/or digital but... it was so cool to actually read a copy of the prog: Slaine is starting up again in April.

I hope the Joe Pineapples story starts while I am still picking up physical issues.

Did you get Prog 2015? It was the start of Dark Justice and it has been amazing.

No.

I just spent a ridiculous amount on the digital app though, catching up with Ampney Crucis Investigates... Simon Davis has me by the wallet dang it.

While I thoroughly enjoyed the Dredd movie and will happily support a sequel, it's been nigh impossible for me to get into the strip itself. When I recover sufficiently from this latest binge, if Dark Justice is still going in the April and May progs, I will read it.

I am occasional reader. If Slaine is on board, I'll temporarily subscribe. If I can find another strip that I enjoy as much, great. I love the idea of the prog and that it's been running for so long, but I think a lot goes over my head despite playing in genres I enjoy.

All-New Member

Question Current Judge Dredd Volume?

Hey, I've been reading the new Judge Dredd monthly ongoing from IDW and I loved it.
    But can anyone help me find out that which volume the current ongoing is?
    I mean it had a numbering system that I don't really understand that much and the official site didn't mention the number of the running volume.
    But I really wanna find it out and I've tried to even google it with no luck.
    So, can I get a bit of help here?
    A more accurate source will be really really appreciated. Thank You.

The IDW series is its own thing in its own continuity. The current series has ended.

Its its own seperate volume with a few spin-offs; Year One, Psi-Judge Anderson, Mega City Two etc.

The original Dredd material is publised weekly in 2000AD and has been running non-stop since Dredd was first featured in the early issues.
    Theres also the Judge Dredd Megazine which is a monthly publication and in continuity with the 2000AD strips. That too has been continuously going since it launched.

All-New Member

Okay. Understood.
    But that actually didn't answer my question, man.
    I was asking that, which monthly ongoing series it is? I mean, is it the fourth volume? or the fifth?
    With their monthly and weekly published strips, it gets even confusing.

So, I just want to be clarified. Even if you can help me up with the issue number count of the series (Like; say, the number of the 1st issue of the current or finished IDW ongoing Judge Dredd) that would be great.
    @Dark-Flux

Thats what im saying. The IDW series either doesnt have a volume number, or could be considered as the first (and so far only) volume of Judge Dredd by IDW. Its a separate continuity from the Rebellion material so isnt a part of that volume numbering.

Its like how Amazing Spider-man is currently on volume 2. But Ultimate Spider-man exists. USM isnt counted as a volume of ASM because its a seperate series/continuity.

Think of it like this:

Judge Dredd by Rebellion
    The 2000AD Progs Vol. 1 : 1977-present
    The Judge Dredd Megazine Vol. 1 : 1990-present

Judge Dredd by IDW
    Judge Dredd Vol. 1 : 2012-2015

IDW's Judge Dredd is just all by itself. "Volume number" has no application in terms of continuity.

There have been various times "Judge Dredd" has been published by different companies, but the continuity of one company's version wouldn't necessarily mean anything to the continuity of a different company's version. Just like IDW had recently been publishing a Doctor Who comic book, but the version(s) currently published by Titan Comics don't really have anything to do with what happened in IDW's comic book stories.

It would be like trying to put in order the Batman comic book stories published by DC, but jumbling in:
    * the main comic book version
    * the comic strip episodes
    * the comic book stories based on the various animated series
    * Batman '66, which is based on the old TV show version

Same characters in that Bruce Wayne = Batman, but they don't all fit together.

If you still don't accept that, try here: http://www.comics.org/series/name/Ju...d/sort/chrono/

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    IDW's Judge Dredd is just all by itself. "Volume number" has no application in terms of continuity.

There have been various times "Judge Dredd" has been published by different companies, but the continuity of one company's version wouldn't necessarily mean anything to the continuity of a different company's version. Just like IDW had recently been publishing a Doctor Who comic book, but the version(s) currently published by Titan Comics don't really have anything to do with what happened in IDW's comic book stories.

It would be like trying to put in order the Batman comic book stories published by DC, but jumbling in:
    * the main comic book version
    * the comic strip episodes
    * the comic book stories based on the various animated series
    * Batman '66, which is based on the old TV show version

Same characters in that Bruce Wayne = Batman, but they don't all fit together.

If you still don't accept that, try here: http://www.comics.org/series/name/Ju...d/sort/chrono/
    Well, ok then. Would you happen to know if this has any serial number like "Judge Dredd The Megazine 357" of sort?
    Rest of the info was helpful (But still had left me without a clue about my query as before). Any way are the comics ongoing and magazine series the same? Then if you can at least tell me which serial (like; Judge Dredd The Megazine 357) number it starts (IDW Series) it's count from? Thank you. @MajorHoy

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Thats what im saying. The IDW series either doesnt have a volume number, or could be considered as the first (and so far only) volume of Judge Dredd by IDW. Its a separate continuity from the Rebellion material so isnt a part of that volume numbering.

Its like how Amazing Spider-man is currently on volume 2. But Ultimate Spider-man exists. USM isnt counted as a volume of ASM because its a seperate series/continuity.

Think of it like this:

Judge Dredd by Rebellion
    The 2000AD Progs Vol. 1 : 1977-present
    The Judge Dredd Megazine Vol. 1 : 1990-present

Judge Dredd by IDW
    Judge Dredd Vol. 1 : 2012-2015
    That also settles a few things. Ya, I know that ASM and USM are not on the same counting. Because they are not only from two different continuity but also from two different universe (ASM from Earth 616 and USM belongs to the Ultimate Universe). Anyway, thanks man.
    @Dark-Flux

Yeah, Dredd by Rebellion and Dredd by IDW are also different universes. So the IDW series doesnt follow Rebellions volume numbering.

2000AD and The Megazine are the same continuity, but are still separate volumes as they are different books that run simultaneously, albeit one is a weekly. Think Batman and Batman Eternal.

IDW does have a another Dredd book that are reprints of some 2000 AD stories in color, these do not tie into the IDW series but are great collections of classic stories. Judge Dredd Classics Vol 1 collects Block Mania/Apocalypse War and Vol 2 is collecting some major Judge Death stories, the first 3 issues contained Judge Death, Judge Death Lives, and Revenge not sure how long it will run but it is currently in the middle of the Revenge story so at least 1 more issue coming if not more.

If you are interested in classic Dredd the Complete Case Files collect the 2000 AD/Megazine Dredd so far they are around the half way point of the series most of it is by Wagner and is great, the IDW stuff has been okay.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Yeah, Dredd by Rebellion and Dredd by IDW are also different universes. So the IDW series doesnt follow Rebellions volume numbering.

2000AD and The Megazine are the same continuity, but are still separate volumes as they are different books that run simultaneously, albeit one is a weekly. Think Batman and Batman Eternal.
    See, now it makes sense. Thanks a Ton for taking ur tym out on this for me. @Dark-Flux