Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bartosznowicki View Post

I love 2000AD, I haven't been a fan for long but I read fair amount of stuff (there is my email printed in the last prog 1930 ) and just love it! I bought City Limits TPB (first 12 issues) from IDW, and as much I really enjoyed first 6 issues, as soon as story moved to the Cursed Earth, my exitement faded. I will still follow it, but if you compare it to the original epic from 2000AD, it's just weak...
    Yeah that is what I was afraid of with the IDW series, I will have to try volume 2 to see how I feel. It is just so hard to compete with Wagner, Mills, and Grant all are amazing writers and had some incredible talent to work with Ezquerra, McMahon, Smith, Gibbons, Gibson, and Bolland

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackagarBoltagon View Post
    I've found the IDW series excellent, and very accessible.
    I enjoyed 'em too, finding the "history of Dredd" bits at the end of each issue most interesting (not sure if they appear in the trades though)

Quote Originally Posted by zwixxx View Post
    I enjoyed 'em too, finding the "history of Dredd" bits at the end of each issue most interesting (not sure if they appear in the trades though)
    I only have the first trade and those are not in it, maybe they came out later but I am wondering what type of information about the history of Dredd is being shown.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Savant View Post
    Recently became a big fan of 2000 AD in recent years. I love Slàine, he's basically like Conan on steroids IMO. Love Judge Dredd as well but I really want to delve into Strontium Dog & Indigo Prime. Strontium Dog seems like a really cool Sci-Fi comic (as most 2000 AD strips are) & Indigo Prime's concept of an agency that fixes issues in the Multiverse is really cool as well.
    really great comics and a unique universe, they had some great writers and artists over the years

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Warp Spasm View Post
    Yup, know about Slaine. Not into SD, I but this Orlok story is enjoyable so far. Started my annual three month digital subscription with 1924.
    LOL! for a moment there I thought you said you started your subscription IN 1924!

I only want to add one more thing - 2000AD produce some best sci-fi westerns out there and now they add another great series in genre - Lawless. After first story (in Meg 350) I was afriad this story will be too similar to Copperhead which debuted in almost the same time in Image but I couldn't be more wrong.

Also, Phil Winslade art in Lawless is splendid.

are there still collected editions of new\recent dredd released in the uk before coming to the states? i used to import them rather than wait but i dont think ive seen one in a while. probably since trifecta, or day of chaos? thanks

I dont really follow collected edition releases, but i know Dark Justice is out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    I dont really follow collected edition releases, but i know Dark Justice is out now.
    thank you, doesnt look like i have this one. unless its just a nice hardcover reprint of an older story, with a new cover.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by jacob g View Post
    I only want to add one more thing - 2000AD produce some best sci-fi westerns out there and now they add another great series in genre - Lawless. After first story (in Meg 350) I was afriad this story will be too similar to Copperhead which debuted in almost the same time in Image but I couldn't be more wrong.

Also, Phil Winslade art in Lawless is splendid.
    Bah, Image writers wish they were as creative/imaginative as 2000AD story droids. It's ridiculous how everytime I read comic reviews (like from IGN for example) everyone rants & raves about how Image has the best sci-fi genre comics around, yet the published that has been around since the late 70's & has consistently produced some of the best sci-fi comics ever (& has long running series & creator owned work as well) doesn't get any mention. SMH....

Quote Originally Posted by dishpan View Post
    thank you, doesnt look like i have this one. unless its just a nice hardcover reprint of an older story, with a new cover.
    Nah, its a recent story by Wagner, dealing with Judge Deaths return.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Savant View Post
    Bah, Image writers wish they were as creative/imaginative as 2000AD story droids. It's ridiculous how everytime I read comic reviews (like from IGN for example) everyone rants & raves about how Image has the best sci-fi genre comics around, yet the published that has been around since the late 70's & has consistently produced some of the best sci-fi comics ever (& has long running series & creator owned work as well) doesn't get any mention. SMH....
    100%

My whole sentiment for sci-fi comics came from 2000AD old reprints (and Incal ofcourse) and I'm still amazed by what I can find in every new issue of 2000AD and Meg.

I hear that Judge Dredd stories are set in 'real time'. Every year that passes for us ,the character also ages another year. That must mean that he must be pushing 70?

Yup. He's a crabby old buff dude.

So realistically this series could be over in 10,15 years time and he dies of old age?