Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DC Digital Sales

I'll recommend-

Monster Society of Evil by Jeff Smith
    Shazam: The New Beginning by Roy Thomas and Tom Mandrake

And Secret Origins #3 by Roy Thomas, Jerry Bingham and Steve Mitchell, which isn't on sale, but it's only $2.
    Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-20-2018 at 02:47 AM.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_fury View Post
    After the DC mega sale..which included a load of good stuff..a month or two back the recent DC sales have not tempted me at all. Certainly this one doesn't buck that trend..I'd need to be paid to read a Joker story nowadays. Probably my least favourite character in comics.

On other hand, tempted by a few items in Dark Horse and Dynamite sales...notably Jeff Lemire's Black Hammer and Garth Ennis Battlefields.

Incidentally, for anybody that likes Garth Ennis and hasn't read The Boys, this sale is an opportunity to pick up series at a good price. (I wouldn't quite rate as very best of Ennis, on an issue by issue basis it can read as wildly uneven...but the series when read in entirety is impressive. "The whole is more than the sum of the parts".)

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    After the DC mega sale..which included a load of good stuff..a month or two back the recent DC sales have not tempted me at all.
    Yes, that was a great sale around Xmas and New Years. The recent sales are lackluster.

Marvel has raised the bar with 99cent graphic novel sales. I never buy Marvel but 99 cents for 300+ pages of Simonson Thor? Yes, please.

Oh wait how about 66 pages of Killing Joke for 5.99.

Tons of trades on sale for $6 each until the 28th.

I finally picked up the two digital trades for Legion of Super-Heroes covering #284 thru #313.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Tons of trades on sale for $6 each until the 28th.

I finally picked up the two digital trades for Legion of Super-Heroes covering #284 thru #313.
    Yes, best DC sale for a long time. I've got a ton of stuff waiting to be read, but after a quick glance at sale last night, I suspect even I will be buying a couple of trades.

No point making a ton of recommendations, because we all have different tastes...but I'll mention just a couple.

First the Preacher trades are being offered at a slight reduction. These aren't to everybody's taste (to put it mildly) but for me it's one of the great comic series. For anybody fancying a change from super heroes, worth...I think getting first trade, giving it a quick read and if you like that snapping up rest of series. (Just a slight caveat...I think series had a very good beginning, dipped slightly in middle, then went onto a great ending. Overall.."top ten" series candidate for me.)

Second thought: Paul Dini Zatanna trade is heavily discounted. I bought this in last big sale, deciding to take a risk because of its good rep and low price. I was really, really surprised how good it is.

I may end up getting Jack Kirby's Super Powers because it's normally $30.
    Haven't decided, yet.

There's also a lot of stuff that I have in physical that I've been wanting to get digitally, but can be quite expensive. Such as Morrison's Seven Soldiers.

I may end up getting Jack Kirby's Super Powers because it's normally $30.
    Haven't decided, yet.

There's also a lot of stuff that I have in physical that I've been wanting to get digitally, but can be quite expensive. Such as Morrison's Seven Soldiers.
    Just curious: have you gone “all digital”, or do you buy some “physical” in some cases?

(By and large I’ve gone all digital for new stuff...it saves so much faff, and is very cost effective. Kept some physical stuff, that I intend re-reading sometime. But as for new purchases...will only buy physical now, if it’s only way to obtain, and it’s something very, very keen to read.)

Just curious: have you gone “all digital”, or do you buy some “physical” in some cases?

(By and large I’ve gone all digital for new stuff...it saves so much faff, and is very cost effective. Kept some physical stuff, that I intend re-reading sometime. But as for new purchases...will only buy physical now, if it’s only way to obtain, and it’s something very, very keen to read.)
    I've been 'digital only' for several years now.
    I still have large collections of physical comics (Levitz Legion, Giffen/DeMatteis League, Archie's 80's Red Circle titles, Seven Soldiers, Moore's Swamp Thing, almost a full run of 70/80's Dr. Strange and Strange Tales, Sienkewicz New Mutants, full run of Power-Man/Iron Fist, the Iron Fist issues of Marvel Premiere, the full run of Sienkewicz Moon Knight, Micronauts: New Voyages, Annihilation, all the Madman comics up to midway through Madman Atomic, most of the Byrne FF, and a bunch more I can't remember right now...).
    But after moving a couple times, once 50 miles and then the next time over 100 miles to another state, hauling all the comics and finding space for them had become too much trouble.

Then combine physical comics prices and having to either order online (and pay shipping) or find a comic shop... Which isn't so bad now, as the city I live in now has one, and the last town I lived in had one.

Then factor in that I prefer older comics for various reasons, they're also much cheaper to get in digital. Especially Siver and Bronze Age comics.

And it keeps me from having to listen to my other half when I get more comics instead of buying groceries.

I decided to pass on Super Powers and Seven Soldiers for the time being.

I went ahead and got the first two volumes of the Wolfman Titans collections, instead.

I decided to pass on Super Powers and Seven Soldiers for the time being.

I went ahead and got the first two volumes of the Wolfman Titans collections, instead.
    I’ll probably get that Monster Society of Evil that you recommended a while back in this thread, if nothing else.

I’ll probably get that Monster Society of Evil that you recommended a while back in this thread, if nothing else.
    I liked it. Jeff Smith is really good.

I liked it. Jeff Smith is really good.
    I've taken your advice, apart from anything else I liked Bone.

Probably a a few weeks till I read it, but will eventually let you know how I find it.