Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    I've taken your advice, apart from anything else I liked Bone.

Probably a a few weeks till I read it, but will eventually let you know how I find it.
    Please do.

Bone is another one I need to get digitally (it's up there with Madman and Love & Rockets in my digitizing priority), but part of me wants to get that massive collection with them in their original black & white art, since that's how I initially read them.

I had started to get them in color because they complemented the Eric Shanower/Skottie Young Oz comics nicely, but unfortunately, Marvel stopped doing the Oz books.
    So, I'm still undecided in which way I'll go with it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Just perused this weeks sale.

The four Gotham Central trades are included. I’d regard those as a superb buy for anybody who hasn’t read yet. One of few series where I kept the comics to read again when I disposed of most of my collection.

Apart from that there’s stuff I would consider buying if I was short of reading matter...but nothing that I feel “compelled” to buy. (For example, I’ve read only 4 or 5 of the DC 1 million series...and wouldn’t mind reading rest sometime...but probably not going to buy this time.)

yeah as long as you've got the main DC One Million series + probably the morrison JLA issue you're probably okay. some of the tie-ins vary wildly in quality. it's fun stuff if you've ever got money to burn, though.

The Black Friday sales are starting. I don't like the sale price range but I managed to pick up a few things

Wonder Woman by John Byrne Vol 3 (Done)
    Silver Age Green Lantern Vol 4 Hope it's not done but looking that way sadly)
    Adventures of the Super Sons Vol 2 (Yay, the last modern DC comic)
    Justice League International Book One new fat trade (Will probably buy the second collection if it comes out)

I would have picked up Golden Age Superman 5 and Young Justice Book Four had Amazon set the price the same as ComiXology, I will check the last day of the sale to see if it has normalized. Shame JSA book 4 and Young Justice Book 5 New Teen Titans 11 were not on sale. Still it's by far the most money I spent on DC in a year.

Thanks for the heads up. I need to take a look at it.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I have never read digital.

What reader do people use to read?

Do you read traditional books or exclusively digital.

What about eye strain?

I use a 10 inch Kindle Fire as it's way cheaper than the 13 inch IPAD I wish I had.
    I still buy the Legion of Superheroes Omnibus, however everything else I buy is digital.
    I avoid eye strain by NOT maxing out the brightness, remembering to blink and taking a break every now and then. If my eyes start to bother me (they sometimes do if I try to read for hours I just do something else. I would be very happy to pay the no doubt high price for a E-Ink color Kindle, but sadly they have not made one yet. For novels I only own maybe 25 regular books the rest I read digital on a regular E-Ink kindle and it's way less eye strain than a book book (I make the print bigger, I'm so old...)

Amazon has already dropped the price on Young Justice book 4 so just need the GA Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    I use a 10 inch Kindle Fire as it's way cheaper than the 13 inch IPAD I wish I had.
    I still buy the Legion of Superheroes Omnibus, however everything else I buy is digital.
    I avoid eye strain by NOT maxing out the brightness, remembering to blink and taking a break every now and then. If my eyes start to bother me (they sometimes do if I try to read for hours I just do something else. I would be very happy to pay the no doubt high price for a E-Ink color Kindle, but sadly they have not made one yet. For novels I only own maybe 25 regular books the rest I read digital on a regular E-Ink kindle and it's way less eye strain than a book book (I make the print bigger, I'm so old...)

Amazon has already dropped the price on Young Justice book 4 so just need the GA Superman!
    Yah I always think about making the plunge...

But I really hate always staring at screens, tv, phone, laptop...

Reading books is my escape...

But I do always think about it.... cost being less potentially for digital also..

Luckily I live next to a huge used book store and can get trades that are usually 25 CAD for 9.99.... and big omnibus buses half or 60% off..... of course newer stuff is harder to come by...

If I come into some big money I'll need to look at buying a Kindle... particular cool for a subscription...

Do a bit of both digital and traditional.

I have tablet. Is it comparable to that.? I really don't like reading on it tho...
    Last edited by Menacer; 11-18-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Next sale looks about the same but I added Golden Age Wonder Woman vol 3 so maybe some new stuff.

Has nothing to do with DC but Marvel Masterworks are all priced from $0.99-$1.99.
    If you have any interest in Marvel it's quite a sale.