Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Man, Marvel is getting real expensive. It's fine if you want to have a double sized first issue but man, give us a break and hold off having a number 2 in the same month. Looking at you Thor.

And DC, you are not innocent either, with your weekly Justice League and Man of Steel minis

Two-In-One (Depending on how Fate of the Four ends)
    Daredevil
    Deadpool
    Astonishing X-Men
    Hunt for Wolverine Minis
    Old Man Logan
    Punisher
    Captain America (Until the end of Waid’s Run)

Maybe:
    Immortal Hulk
    Thor
    Iron Man
    Last edited by Denirac; 03-20-2018 at 12:19 PM.

So, marvel seems to be outer space happy this month... wish i was happy about that.
    1) thor quickly went back to it’s cosmic roots, so i’ve changed my mind about getting it.
    2) i’m still picking up tony stark; iron man, but i’m still not sure what it’s about.
    3)champions vs. alpha flight! Nova no more? Hmmmm.... between this and darkhawk, i wonder...
    4) miles morales vs. venom? Have they ever met before?
    5) i may have to pick up the daredevil crossover with frank mcgee in it.
    6) weapon h vs. man thing and old man logan vs. kraven round out my list.
    7) i just had a thought- moon girl and old lace...

This is what I'll be getting:
    Tony Stark: Iron Man (I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas with this one. And yes. I will try and track down all of those variants!)
    Doctor Strange #1 and #2
    Hunt for Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda #2
    Quicksilver: No Surrender #2
    Avengers #3
    True Believers: Iron Man-The Ghost in the Machine #1
    Black Panther #2
    The Punisher #226(Punisher vs. Baron Zemo?!?!?!?!?!??!?!SOLD!)
    Star Wars: Poe Dameron #28
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 03-21-2018 at 06:39 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm really tempted to start getting Aaron's Thor in floppies
    We need better comics

ASM 801
    Venom 2 & 3

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Tony Stark: Iron Man #1
    Immortal Hulk #1
    Avengers #3
    Captain america #703/4
    ASM: Renew Your Vows #20
    Amazing Spider-Man #801

Marvel Two-In-One Annual&#7
    Ms. Marvel #31
    Daredevil #604
    X-Men Blue#29,30
    X-Men Red #5
    Last edited by Sensational C; 03-20-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Old Man Logan
    Wakanda Forever: Amazing Spider-Man#1

Maybe:
    Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor
    Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost

Mighty Member

Tony Stark Iron Man #1:
    I am optimistically hoping that this is in the vein of Gillen's run on the series. But, if Slott does with "Iron Man" what he does with "Amazing Spider-Man", I will be more than happy.

Multiple Man #1:
    Rosenberg has impressed me enough with his run on "the Punisher" that I will give this a look.

the Sentry #1:
    I was not happey when Remender brought the Sentry back in "Uncanny Avengers". But, Lemire is enough to get my interest.

Venom #3:
    Cates is not a bad writer. And, I admit to being curious about post-Bendis Morales.

Punisher #226:
    I will stay with this series as long as Rosenberg does.

X-Men Red #5:
    I like Tom Taylor well enough. And, given his background on DC's "Injustice", he should be a good fit for this series. But, using any X-book as a civil rights analogue (which as been the pattern for decades) fails when one considers that the X-Men should simply be impossible to repress. And, the same things that made Taylor's "Injustice" run work were at least partly contingent on "Injustice" existing in a vacuum, rather than being a mainline book like "X-Men Red". I might actually drop this series before June.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Really good month for me:
    Thor
    Avengers
    Captain America
    Infinity Countdown
    Infinity Countdown: Black Widow
    Daredevil
    Astonishing X-Men
    Domino
    Immortal Hulk
    Mystery in Madripoor
    Sentry

I might skip Captain America until Coates is on the book though. Kinda sounds like filler once Samnee leaves.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudman View Post
    So Miles is gone for the month. Not a good decision IMO, but hopefully they can bring his book in the following month with a strong creative team.
    Well, he'll be in Champions and Venom at least - so he's not entirely MIA. I do hope his solo title returns in July.

Overall, a huge month. Lots of exciting stuff.

Can't wait for, among other things, Del Mundo and Aaron to kick ass on Thor.

...For Slott to bring his ASM run to a close and begin a new era for Iron Man.

...For Ewing to bring Banner back with Immortal Hulk.

...For Young & Klein's Deadpool to begin.

...For Lemire's The Sentry.

...For Rosenberg's Multiple Man mini.

...For Waid and Saiz's Doctor Strange.

...For Leonardo Romero to be teaming with Waid on the end of his Cap run.

...And for Chip D'Zarsky's two Annuals.

Also glad to see that Rosenberg is still on Punisher. His run has been SO FREAKING GOOD!!

Also cool to see that Max Bemis' Moon Knight run is still going strong and is fast approaching #200. For my money, it's the best series that not enough people are talking about right now.

Extraordinary Member

Still puzzling to me that so many of the characters from "Avengers: No Surrender" are in limbo for so long.

On the other hand it's cool that Jurgens' complete Thor run will be omnibus'd. Now the only thing left from the "Heroes Return" launch is the Fantastic Four, which has never been collected at all. (To be fair it was probably the weakest of those five relaunches, though the art was nice.)

Here's what I'm getting eventually:

WAKANDA FOREVER: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1 - not super excited about spidey being in this, but love the Dora's.
    THOR 1/2: Aaron has had such luck with artists for his run. Del Mundo is superb. Plus King Thor is back!
    RISE OF THE BLACK PANTHER 6: Going to miss this series when it ends. Here's hoping the creators get to helm a second BP ongoing.
    BLACK PANTHER 2: I'm incredibly excited for this new direction.
    DAREDEVIL 604: The solicit gives little away, sounds like a new group or a deep dive into Daredevil's history? Either way that cover is incredible.
    RUNWAYS 10: not happy about a relationship ending "FOREVER"
    X-MEN RED 5: never really liked Nova, but I like this book so oh well.
    STAR WARS: THRAWN 5: I love Thrawn, wish this was an ongoing.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Thoughts:

- "Thor Odinsons has reclaimed his mantle" It was his bloody name. Although I guess now turnabout is fair play in that Thor gets to deal with Jane's storylines again after she took over his storylines. And we're back to King Thor flash-forwards. Thor, Loki, and Balder together sounds pretty fun though. And Skurge? Woah.

- That's a lot of variants for Slott's Iron Man...

- Really interested to see what comes from Ewing's Immortal Hulk. Nice to have Bruce back, even if he's probably not feeling too enthused about it himself.

- Ant-Man and The Wasp still feels kind of random with Scott and Nadia. And then we get a one-shot with Scott and Jan in the modern era. Couldn't they have done at least one flashback story for Hank and Jan?

- I'm curious to see how the rest of the Marvel Universe will react to Sentry being back.

- Those Dr. Strange solicits just scream to me that Marvel has officially run out of ideas for what to do with Stephen at this point.

- Galactus is still gold? I had almost forgotten about that.

- I didn't think Snowbird was part of Carol's Alpha Flight.

- I guess it wouldn't be a back-to-basics Avengers story without Loki...

- Really interesting setup for Waid's last Cap story before Coates takes over.

- Ooh, the Council of Reeds back? Interesting.

- I'm kind of surprised they didn't re-brand Ms. Marvel #31 as Ms. Marvel #50. Feels kind of weird to treat it like a milestone without the actual milestone numbering.

- Fitting that Narcisse's story would conclude with T'Challa's first fight against Killmonger, and then leading into T'Challa joining the Avengers (I presume).

- That Black Panther solicit reminds me of that B:TAS episode "The Forgotten."

- "The MU's most fabulous villain?" I want to assume it's a woman, but I can't for the life of me thinks anyone who fits that term unironically...

- So...I guess Fisk now has an adopted daughter? Is that going to become as canon as Moon Girl ?

- I'm kind of surprised Marvel Super Hero Adventures is featuring more heroes then were advertised on the promotional art or shorts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Still puzzling to me that so many of the characters from "Avengers: No Surrender" are in limbo for so long.
    For "so long?" By June it's been only two months since No Surrender ended.

Returning characters like Tony Stark, Bruce Banner, and Odinson were in limbo a lot longer.

I do hope they find places for a lot of those Avengers characters but the reality is that they were in books that didn't really take off. It's also reality to say that with tens of thousands of characters in their library, a good chunk of the Marvel Universe is always going to be in limbo at any given time.