Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    There is not enough people, who care about that AND buy those comics.
    I haven't bought a single comic from characters like Riri Williams, Amadeus Cho, Kate Bishop and so on. I also don't understand who in his right mind would prefer those characters over Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and Clint Barton. So you lose on long time comic book fans, who grew up with the classic characters... and you lose on movie goers, who have seen the Avengers movies and now want to check their favorite movie characters in a couple of comics.
    I grew up with Tony, Steve, Peter Parker, Bruce & Clint. Last time I bought solo books starring them? Lebron James was 8 years old and a show call Star Trek TNG has ENDED. My Milestone, Wonder Woman, Archie & Tim Drake collection is bigger all of them out together.

And I am in my RIGHT mind. I am in my right mind because I see those guys trades collection DUST at the library-so if I want to read them I can go there and keep them for as long as I want.
    And I guess these Amazon buyers are in their right mind since Ms Marvel and some of those others are KILLING them in trade sales.

And don't you LOSE movie goers if you don't do something with guys like Falcon, Widow, Vision, Scarlet, Nick Fury, Strange, GOTG and all the kids in Marvel Rising? Or do you want to act like Dc has done with the Young Justice kids, Static, Wally West & John Stewart-tell those fans their money doesn't matter.

North America is a continent. The country of America only has over 325 million people, and the comic book market has been having problems for a while now, that was one of the biggest reasons why the new 52 and the ANAD was initially created. Whew New 52 started to crash, in came Rebirth, and now rebirth is selling the same as new 52. The market is on it's way down, mostly because of the choke hold classic readers and the comic book stores have from allowing them to expand.
    Here is where we have the issue.

Sam Wilson as Cap America-ENSURES Sam will have a shelf spot in a comic book store and book store. It ENSURES more than say 10 copies are ordered. Why?
    Because the book says CAPTAIN AMERICA-a name. That book will have a spot at Barnes & Nobles and the library. No matter what.

Sam Wilson as Falcon DOES NOT have that. Every excuse to NOT sell Sam Wilson CA will apply to Falcon. Same with Luke Cage, Mosaic, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Antman, Inhumans, all LGBT books, Solo, Slapstick, Fantastic Four (get over it) and various X-Men.

So you got store owners who live and die by a name versus content.

Right now the reason we see these struggling numbers is this concept that the industry can only be save by CERTAIN characters under two banners. And would rather FIGHT to get rid of books that they don't have to read. They don't want balance.

Like I said earlier I grew up with classic guys. Not one of them was the driving force for me to buy comics.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I grew up with Tony, Steve, Peter Parker, Bruce & Clint. Last time I bought solo books starring them? Lebron James was 8 years old and a show call Star Trek TNG has ENDED. My Milestone, Wonder Woman, Archie & Tim Drake collection is bigger all of them out together.

And I am in my RIGHT mind. I am in my right mind because I see those guys trades collection DUST at the library-so if I want to read them I can go there and keep them for as long as I want.
    And I guess these Amazon buyers are in their right mind since Ms Marvel and some of those others are KILLING them in trade sales.

And don't you LOSE movie goers if you don't do something with guys like Falcon, Widow, Vision, Scarlet, Nick Fury, Strange, GOTG and all the kids in Marvel Rising? Or do you want to act like Dc has done with the Young Justice kids, Static, Wally West & John Stewart-tell those fans their money doesn't matter.

Here is where we have the issue.

Sam Wilson as Cap America-ENSURES Sam will have a shelf spot in a comic book store and book store. It ENSURES more than say 10 copies are ordered. Why?
    Because the book says CAPTAIN AMERICA-a name. That book will have a spot at Barnes & Nobles and the library. No matter what.

Sam Wilson as Falcon DOES NOT have that. Every excuse to NOT sell Sam Wilson CA will apply to Falcon. Same with Luke Cage, Mosaic, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Antman, Inhumans, all LGBT books, Solo, Slapstick, Fantastic Four (get over it) and various X-Men.

So you got store owners who live and die by a name versus content.

Right now the reason we see these struggling numbers is this concept that the industry can only be save by CERTAIN characters under two banners. And would rather FIGHT to get rid of books that they don't have to read. They don't want balance.

Like I said earlier I grew up with classic guys. Not one of them was the driving force for me to buy comics.
    If a book sells it gets published, if it doesn't it gets cancelled

The idea of saying sam gets a shelf spot under the cap name not on his own reveals one clear truth, if he needs to borrow another character name he isn't popular enough on his own

I love sam, but he must earn a spot through sales like any other new or old character

I think some of the fresh start older characters are gonna suffer based on the premise of the series and because of ill will with another relaunch

there's always been new characters released, how many are still in their own solo book, that's just a simple truth

The people who started reading the classic characters when they first came out arnt gonna stop a book selling, people not interested in the book, whoever in it will

As for the stores, very few will not stock a product if it sells, if they dont they will suffer and close, those are few and far between

There's been some great new characters in the last few years, there's been some dross too, it's always been this way, lots of classics have fallen to the aside too

Old readers don't stop a new book, they might not want to buy it, that's their perogative, you could say the same for new readers not buying older books

if a new books popular enough it will sell, no fan owes a book any purchase for any reason

no reader owes any publisher anything

I'll but miles and Nadia in a heart beat, Riri is of no interest to me, kamala in secret warriors was great, her solo books not to my taste as are many solo books

There's classics like that too, I've no interest in the x books, little in the recent silver surfer or strange,, Inhumans and j jones and refenders I've liked a lot

New or old if I like it ill buy it if the price points ok for me

Anything else is fairly immaterial to me
    Last edited by kilderkin; 03-21-2018 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Thor #2 - HERE for Balder, King Of Hel! Jason Aaron remains the only person to acknowledge the events of Angela: Queen Of Hel and I love him for that.
    I'm just happy whenever someone remembers Balder.
    Marvel Rising: Alpha #1 - So, how many issues will this have? Is it a mini event or something? I was under the impression it was only a one-shot, but clearly, there's more...
    Well, Alpha implies an Omega issue but I thought this was supposed to be a mini spotlighting the very different characters that are apart of this series.
    Champions #21 - Nice to see some classic Alpha Flight.
    Though weirdly a few who haven't been associated with Carol's Alpha Flight, as far as I'm aware.
    Avengers #3 - Not a big fan of this whole ''Loki being the bad guy to the Avengers'' thing; it feels really lazy. And weird, considering Loki is teaming up with Thor over at the new Thor title the same month... but since Jason Aaron is writing both stories, the least I can hope for is some consistency.
    Aaron's Loki seems prone to causing mischief or trouble for the greater good (or something like that) so I imagine that will probably hold true here.
    Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider #19-20 - I'm really surprised this got to 20 issues.
    Only five issue's short of PAD's 25-issue Spider-Man 2099 run.
    Dazzler: X Song - Oh, look, this is still happening!
    Took long enough...
    Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur #32 - PRINCESS FISK, I CANNOT EVEN. A kid legacy for Kingpin is something I never knew I needed in my life. Also, she totally reminds of Princess from Powerpuff Girls AND I'M HERE FOR IT.
    I don't think she's really a kid legacy unless she's like a kid Kingpin (or Queenpin?) of Crime.

She feels like that son of the Penguin that was inexplicably introduced in Batgirl, though I think this girl is probably going to be adopted since I feel like Fisk having a daughter or Vanessa having another child would've come up by now.
    X-Men Gold #30 - Star-Lord on the cover is a perfect representation of my reaction to the ''wedding of the century''. LOL
    I'm more curious about Gamora's reaction...
    Marvel Super Hero Adventures #1 - Looks like a good month for Ant-Man. This looks... fun. Spidey/Ant-Man/Hawkeye seems like a fun trio but LORD, let Cassie do something other than call for help. It's like everyone got a collective amnesia and forgot she's supposed to be a hero now too.
    I'm kind of surprised they're using characters that aren't the usual suspects, since that seemed to be the main premise with this franchise. Like Kate instead of Clint.

I also think it's interesting that this might be the first time Jim McCann has written the Kate Bishop Hawkeye, to my knowledge.

Definitely:
    Avengers #3
    Thor #1-2
    Immortal Hulk #1
    Ant-Man & the Wasp #1-2
    Sentry #1
    Infinity Countdown #4
    Infinity Countdown: Black Widow #1
    Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk #2-3
    Infinity Countdown: Champions #1
    Quicksilver: No Surrender #2
    Captain America #703-704
    Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #1
    Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man #305
    Spider-Gwen #33
    Amazing Spider-Man #801
    Marvel Two-In-One Annual #1
    Marvel Two-In-One #7
    Daredevil #604
    Old Man Hawkeye #6
    Punisher #226
    X-Men Red #5
    the True Believers Ant-Man & the Wasp books
    New Mutants: Dead Souls #4
    Cable #158
    Domino #3
    Old Man Logan #41-42
    Exiles #4
    Astonishing X-Men #12
    Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #21
    Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Webs and Arrows and Ants, Oh My!
    Ant-Man & the Wasp: Living Legends #1
    Rise of the Black Panther #6
    Black Panther #2

Likely:
    Wakanda Forever: Amazing Spider-Man #1
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #1
    Deadpool #1
    Doctor Strange #1-2
    Champions #21
    Dazzler: X Song

Hopefully:
    Multiple Man #1
    Hunt for Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda #2
    Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer #2
    Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor #2
    Hunter for Wolverine: Weapon Lost #2
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #20
    Venom #2-3
    Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider #19-20
    Spider-Man/Deadpool #34
    Moon Knight #196
    X-Men Blue #29-30
    X-Men Gold #29-30
    Weapon X #19
    Star Wars: Lando - Double or Nothing #2
    Hellstorm by Ellis Omnibus
    MCU Omnibus HC
    GOTG by Duggan Omnibus
    Ant-Man & the Wasp: The Art of the Movie
    Nova by Abnett & Lanning: Complete Collection vol. 1
    Last edited by Swamp Thing 2099; 03-23-2018 at 03:19 AM.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Mighty Member

Regarding the characters on that banner, it seems like they're all still around for the most part.
    But, the newer characters are being bumped down. They might show up in team-focused series, or in crowd scenes. But, they are no long going to be head-lining series.

Presumably, this is a question of economics.

Would Miles still sell if he wasn't called Spider-Man, would Jane be popular if she wasn't Thor, would Laura sell as well if she wasn't called Wolverine, would Riri sell if she had her own title and not simply be featured in Invincible Iron Man or Cho without being in Incredible Hulk?
    I am willing to bet that Spider-Miles is going to sputter out after Bendis. (Aside from one or two scenes in "Secret Wars", I cannot think of a worthwhile Spider-Miles appearance that Bendis did not write.)

"All New Wolverine" sold well? (Snarky, but you get my point.)

Did anybody like Ironheart (Riri)? I am serious. How did that title sell, as single issues or compilations?

The Falcon/Captain America series was likely tainted by Spencer's politics.

I haven't bought a single comic from characters like Riri Williams, Amadeus Cho, Kate Bishop and so on. I also don't understand who in his right mind would prefer those characters over Tony Stark, Bruce Banner and Clint Barton.
    It depends who the creative team is. I read "the Ultimates", while skipping all of the concurrent Avengers titles, because of Al Ewing.

Similarly, I am going to read the new Stark-focused "Iron Man" series because I like Dan Slott.

4) I don't understand how hard it is to create new characters? I've been talking about how the classic readers have a chokehold on the comic book market for years until the ANAD enter into play. So yes, I know how god damn hard it is to create new characters, and I know it's largely the fault of classic readers having a cholehold on status quo.
    It is easy to create new characters. The problem is selling new characters.

I am not defending old readers who whine and cry about how comics should never-ever-ever-ever-ever change. But, those old readers are the ones who keep coming back. Those new/young readers do not consistently buy enough comics to justify Marvel (or DC) keeping them happy.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    But, the newer characters are being bumped down. They might show up in team-focused series, or in crowd scenes. But, they are no long going to be head-lining series.

Presumably, this is a question of economics.
    Well, everything is a question of economics. But I wouldn't assume that these characters will go without solos books for long.

I am willing to bet that Spider-Miles is going to sputter out after Bendis. (Aside from one or two scenes in "Secret Wars", I cannot think of a worthwhile Spider-Miles appearance that Bendis did not write.)
    Seeing as Bendis has been the sole writer on Miles' solo book, I think we have yet to see how Miles will do under another writer, outside of his team appearances.

As a fan, I'm actually excited to see how another writer will approach Miles' book. Rather than sputtering out, Miles could achieve even bigger success - especially with an animated movie on the way.

"All New Wolverine" sold well? (Snarky, but you get my point.)
    If your point is that All-New Wolverine didn't sell well, you should probably rethink that point as it's actually done consistently well sales-wise.

Did anybody like Ironheart (Riri)? I am serious. How did that title sell, as single issues or compilations?
    Yes, many people do like Ironheart. And Iron Man has had steady sales with Riri as the lead.

Whether a book with her name on it would sell as much as Invincible Iron Man has, we don't know but I do hope she gets a solo title of her own.

The Falcon/Captain America series was likely tainted by Spencer's politics.
    As the political angle of Sam's book was one of its strongest elements, I wouldn't say it "tainted" it in any way. If anything, it enhanced it as it was one of most timely and topical books out there during its run. And it sold far better than Falcon's current, largely apolitical title is doing.

It is easy to create new characters. The problem is selling new characters.
    Well, that's the thing. Very few characters, from any company, and of any stripe, have been able to make a genuine impact on the market since the '60s or '70s. It's hard to get readers to embrace a new character.

I am not defending old readers who whine and cry about how comics should never-ever-ever-ever-ever change. But, those old readers are the ones who keep coming back. Those new/young readers do not consistently buy enough comics to justify Marvel (or DC) keeping them happy.
    I think we don't have the actual sales data to prove that one way or the other. I imagine that older readers are still in the classic mode of buying individual floppies week to week while newer readers might be just as consistent in their purchases but they might keep up through trades and digital. Who knows? I do think the ongoing struggle that companies like Marvel and DC face is how to change enough to keep their universes vital while not changing so much that they lose the core appeal that made them successful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    Definitely:
    Avengers #3
    Thor #1-2
    Immortal Hulk #1
    Ant-Man & the Wasp #1-2
    Sentry #1
    Infinity Countdown #4
    Infinity Countdown: Black Widow #1
    Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk #2-3
    Infinity Countdown: Champions #1
    Quicksilver: No Surrender #2
    Captain America #703-704
    Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #1
    Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man #305
    Spider-Gwen #33
    Amazing Spider-Man #801
    Marvel Two-In-One Annual #1
    Marvel Two-In-One #7
    Daredevil #604
    Old Man Hawkeye #6
    Punisher #226
    X-Men Red #5
    the True Believers Ant-Man & the Wasp books
    New Mutants: Dead Souls #4
    Cable #158
    Domino #3
    Old Man Logan #41-42
    Exiles #4
    Astonishing X-Men #12
    Star Wars: Doctor Aphra #21
    Marvel Super Hero Adventures: Webs and Arrows and Ants, Oh My!
    Ant-Man & the Wasp: Living Legends #1
    Rise of the Black Panther #6
    Black Panther #2

Likely:
    Wakanda Forever: Amazing Spider-Man #1
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #1
    Deadpool #1
    Doctor Strange #1-2
    Champions #21
    Dazzler: X Song

Hopefully:
    Multiple Man #1
    Hunt for Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda #2
    Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer #2
    Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor #2
    Hunter for Wolverine: Weapon Lost #2
    Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows #20
    Venom #2-3
    Ben Reilly: Scarlet Spider #19-20
    Spider-Man/Deadpool #34
    Moon Knight #196
    X-Men Blue #29-30
    X-Men Gold #29-30
    Weapon X #19
    Star Wars: Lando - Double or Nothing #2
    Hellstorm by Ellis Omnibus
    MCU Omnibus HC
    GOTG by Duggan Omnibus
    Ant-Man & the Wasp: The Art of the Movie
    Nova by Abnett & Lanning: Complete Collection vol. 1
    Dude, you must have a lot more disposable income than me lol! I would actually like to try more books than I currently read, but the price tag on comics these days is prohibitive.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Dude, you must have a lot more disposable income than me lol! I would actually like to try more books than I currently read, but the price tag on comics these days is prohibitive.
    I work at my LCS. 40% off everything. I pay my own check!
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Man, I am not guaranteed to be getting much this month.

Definitely:
    OLD MAN HAWKEYE #6 (of 12)
    X-MEN RED #5 - Gets an arc, but it feels like Taylor forgot what he was doing. He was going out of his way to avoid X-cliches without being boring about it (looking at you, Astonishing X-Men), but then nope, all the cliches! And Cassandra Nova won't even be mentioned in the second issue!

WOLVERINE: OLD MAN LOGAN VOL. 7 — SCARLET SAMURAI TPB - This was actually a good arc, and proved to me that Brisson's first arc wasn't just a fluke. Also, I still love how they blurred out the Scarlet Samurai's face when, let's be honest, Mariko has nothing that makes her standout or anything. She just looks like a Japanese woman, and people probably already assumed the Scarlet SAMURAI was Japanese.
    ALL-NEW WOLVERINE VOL. 6: OLD WOMAN LAURA TPB - Haven't read Orphans of X yet, and this series never really grabbed me, but **** it. It's the last arc and I have all the others. Arc still doesn't sound very interesting to me, though.
    ASTONISHING ANT-MAN: THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB - Resolicit?

Maybe:
    THOR #1 - I trade-wait Thor, but might get this. Although I'm not the biggest fan of Del Muno's art, which just feels more like straight-up illustrations as opposed to pages in a comic a lot of the time, and not in a good way. Gonna miss you, Russel Dauterman.
    THOR #2
    MULTIPLE MAN #1 (OF 5) - Because I want Jamie back, but it's a limited series and I've started trade-waiting more.
    AVENGERS #3 - Depending on the first one or two issues.
    DOMINO #3 - Depending on the first issue, since I've found Gail Simone to be VERY hit-or-miss, and her dialogue until the most recent Secret Six series was awkward.
    EXILES #4 - Depending on the first issue.

THE MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE: THE MARVEL COMICS OMNIBUS HC - Low-key kinda want this for some reason, even though what little of the tie-ins I HAVE read have been... eh, and probably dubiously canon to start.
    THOR: HEROES RETURN OMNIBUS VOL. 2 HC - Still know nothing about this run. Also, hey, Geoff Johns Avengers issue. Still need to read that run, even if Johns himself isn't keen on it.
    GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY BY GERRY DUGGAN OMNIBUS HC - I haven't heard anything about this run except, I think, that it's better than Bendis', which probably isn't much of a challenge based on what I've read of it. Also, wow, this run was much shorter than I thought it was, and this omnibus... yeah, it basically JUST qualifies as one in my head. Like, 17 issues? Man...
    STAR WARS: DOCTOR APHRA VOL. 3 – REMASTERED TPB - Need to get the first two volumes, but I remember really liking Aphra in Gillen's Darth Vader series. Plus, I think I just prefer new characters like Aphra created for things other than movies.
    ROGUE & GAMBIT: RING OF FIRE TPB - Have heard nothing about this and have hated some of Thompson's previous work. I guess I'll see how big of an craving for new X-Men stuff I have when it comes out.
    THANOS WINS BY DONNY CATES TPB - Give no craps about Thanos, but I'm curious because Donny Cates is writing. I think the industry tried way too hard to make Cates "happen", but he IS a good writer and I liked God Country, so who knows.
    THOR BY WALTER SIMONSON VOL. 4 TPB - If I go for these instead of the omnibus.
    SKAAR: SON OF HULK — THE COMPLETE COLLECTION TPB - Maybe not right away, but I need to read Greg Pak's Hulk run, so... yeah.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 03-24-2018 at 02:48 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

Man, that Adi Granov variant for Tony Stark:m Iron #1 is.. ugh. His people always look weirdly plastic-y, but Tony looks so... weird. Also, that is the most uninformative solicitation ever, aside from those that are just "classified".

Still not sure about Skottie Young taking on Deadpool. Hopefully he's more Joe Kelly and Gerry Duggan than Daniel Way, but hsi stuff I've read mnakes me worry it'll be more Way.

In my head, citing Avengers: No Surrender as a work is like citing one of the Batman Eternal series -- I can barely remember any specific panel from it.

I WANNA like Doctor Strange, but... eh. Also, I know it's a joke, but CAN the Sorcerer Supreme thing extend to space? I know nothing about Doctor Strange, so... yeah, just know that Limbo also has a Sorcerer Supreme, so I don't know if it's just restricted to dimensions.

Just by looking at the Adamantium Agenda cover, I knew it was Land. Those claws look more like they're phasing through that helmet than piercing it. Still, I guess it's mildly better tahn some of his usual stuff.

Oh hey, Galactus is still in his Lifebringer form... ugh.

I wonder if the Champions are gonna run into Richard Rider when they :Save the Nova Corps". Still sad the last Nova series was cancelled

Oh hey, guess I was right about Slott's Spider-Man run going to #801. That's... weird to me. Figured he'd want to end things at a milestone issue like #800, which would be something people got for the sake of it, and some readers would stay on for Nick Spencer's first issue. Also, that cover looks like it was drawn by none of the three artists listed as cover artists.

The Council of Reeds returning... eh. I feel like their story was wrapped up really well by Hickman. Plus, the ending of Hickman's run had future Valeria decide to use their old pocket universe thing for... something, and I don't think anything ever came of that. I guess it's not likely anything will now, with the Reeds probably using it again, but hey, maybe she is involved and it's a bate-and-switch.

Okay, I usually find Daniel Acuna to be hit-or-miss and my liking of his work largely dependant on him being on the right project, but... man, that Black Panther #2 cover looks dope.

Didn't like the issues of Rainbow Rowell's Runaways that I read, and that solicitation isn't doing anything to make me wanna read the trades, if only with how it's doing the "things will NEVER BE THE SAME!" style of solicitation. Like, is this a Bendis comic?

That Moon Girl cover... I guess that's one way of doing backgrounds. Also, "Princess Fisk"... the cringe is real.

Jimmy Hudson getting a codename... Fang? Claw? Also, Never really figured Daken's bone claws were THAT sharp that they could cut you just by grazing you like that.

Good job copying the right cover for X-Men Gold #30, CBR...

That Weapon H cover is reminding me way too much of Valiant's Bloodshot... should probably start reading that again.

Glad Old Man Logan's sticking around. While the current arc is... eh, Brisson has been a breath of fresh air for the most part after Lemire ran in place for 25 issues. Still hoping Old Man Logan sticks around despite OG Logan's return.

That Astonishing X-Men #12 cover... why is Archangel's head at that angle?! It looks so off!

So we're not just getting a comic based on a singer, but based off just ONE SONG? Um... okay. I mean, I like Starboy, but... yeah. Still remember seeing him swing around the red cross and thinking "ah, yes, the reverse-Kylo" more than anything.

I feel bad for the Shuri fans coming from the movie who will read the Hudlin run an realise "yeah, Shuri is basically the exact opposite to how she is in the movie."

Wait, non-Hydra'd Steve is the one who leads the heroes to take down Deadpool?! Man, I am seriously sad that Deadpool had to return tot he status quo as hard as he did, especially because I liked him and Steve's friendship

Johnny's fire hair on that Moon Girl trade cover... dude must be completely clean shaven all the time, I guess.

Dammit, the Deadpool Complete Collections are better than the OHCs. ****.

That Nova by Abnett & Lanning trade... um... pretty sure you get, like, no closure on the stories happening in it without Annihilation, Annihilation: Conquest and the like.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

BANNED

Wakanda Forever: Amazing Spider-Man Cool that the Dora Milaje are getting a new life outside of the Black Panther title, but I've bummed that their crossover is with Spidey who already has a gazillion appearances across the MU. I would have preferred to see them teaming up with Storm, Jean Grey, Iron Man or some of the Defenders (particularly Misty & Luke)

Thor Well I'm glad we can finally address him as Thor again. I miss Jane Foster already though and I look forward to her inevitable return. Dozens of different hammers? That sounds stupid. Surely the dwarves of Nidvallier could forge a new weapon of Uru. Or perhaps ask Odin to hand over Gungnir to be melted down and reforged as a hammer for Thor. And Jarnjborn is still out there, why not repurpose it? I do wonder where the Asgardians will settle now given Asgardia is no more. Oklahoma? The Savage Land? Weirdworld? Or perhaps a relocation to Heven or Vanaheim. I think that’s a big deal, and the absence of the Bifrost must resonate for Asgard too. Yay for the start of a great supporting cast- Loki, Balder, Skurge + Thori. I hope Angela gets involved in the War of Realms too, which would bring together all of Odin’s children.

Tony Stark: Iron Man
    Damn that's a lot of variant covers. Capitalise much? I'm interested to see who the villain for the first arc will be though and whether this will be a ‘legacy’ book or a genuine fresh start with new stories and new angles.

Immortal Hulk I'm genuinely more interested in Sasquatch making regular appearances- I've never been a big fan of the Hulk. I do hope Betty Ross resurfaces though.

Ant-Man and the Wasp This'll probably be fun. I must admit I'd prefer Stinger over Wasp (Nadia), but I get that they’re going for film synergy. I wonder if a book is locked in for Scott once the mini is over.

The Sentry Best I can hope for is a cool supporting cast (Blue Marvel or Voyager perhaps?) because I've very little interest in this guy. I'm sure Osborn + Ares won't be glad to see him back in the MU so I wonder if we’ll see those encounters play out.

Doctor Strange How many damn times will Stephen be stripped of his power? What’s the point of him being Sorcerer Supreme if he can’t even access his magical arsenal? I really struggle to understand why writers and/or editorial continually shy away from the magic/supernatural corner of the MU. Give him capable foes like Mordo, Umar, Dormammu or Nightmare, delve into locations like the Dark Dimension and Weirdworld, produce a fully-fledged magical narrative. That's what I want.

Adamantium Agenda Taylor teased another New Avenger and I’m hoping like hell it’s Spider-Woman. Another secret Tony has been keeping? That’s not a great way to re-enter the MU Tony… And the trail leading to one of the X-MEN’S greatest foes is promising.

Claws of a Killer I'm just glad to have more Daken, though the back-and-forth between hero & villain is frustrating. Editorial needs to decide which side he's on. Yawn for Creed & Yuriko who’ve been vanilla over in Weapon X.

Mystery in Madripoor The Femme Fatales surely includes Viper given this book is all about the women in Logan's life. I'd be glad for Typhoid Mary to be on that crew. I'm not sure Logan has that many female antagonists so I'm struggling to think of who else may be in Madripoor to rival the X-Women. If Magneto is present then I'm hoping Polaris & Danger at least get an appearance.

Infinity Countdown Black Widow Beautiful cover. I love how Logan entrusted Natasha with the stone. Based on the cover Nat will be hiding out in the UK which is neat- NYC can only offer so much. It still bothers me that she's a clone though.

Infinity Countdown Champions Another beautiful cover (I love Clayton Crain's work). Zub is a competent writer too. It'll be cool if the Champions encounter the GotG during this crossover- sometimes the most unexpected character interactions are the most fun.

Champions No sign of Viv or Nadia on the cover. Aurora is absent from Alpha Flight too. Psyched to see Snowbird & Talisman again.

I guess with classic Avengers come classic villains. These days I’m not that interested in Loki as a villain tbh. The Final Host sounds like a big story, so it’ll be interesting to see how the new Avengers handle it.

Ant-Man and the Wasp Living Legends I feel like the fans might have been heard for this one. I love that Janet is getting a spotlight, and Scott is along for the ride.

The Punisher Vs. Baron Zemo? This should be good. If Frank is pursuing the remnants of HYDRA, then I wanna see him go up against Crossbones.

Runaways has been a surprise favorite title, and I love that it strays from the superhero formula and has all these moments that are just pure character interactions. Rowell + Anka are killing it. The most fabulous villain has me puzzled.

Domino blesses us with a Diamondback comeback!! Hallelujah. I wonder who the VERY SPECIAL VERY SECRET GUEST is…

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Still puzzling to me that so many of the characters from "Avengers: No Surrender" are in limbo for so long.
    By Marvel’s standards, it isn’t a long time; several characters drop off the radar for years before returning. But given so many of my favorite Avengers are among the No Surrender cast (Scarlet Witch, Hercules, Doctor Voodoo, Wonder Man and now Lightning), I’m worried about the wait. It’s hard enough waiting for Spider-Woman to be important again.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Why are the relaunching Black Panther again when they just went back to legacy numbers. Just make a decision and stick with it instead of doing some and then rebooting others again just makes no sense.
    Not sure if they’re applying it to Black Panther specifically, but aren’t they dual-numbering a lot of the FRESH START titles? And #1’s are always just for the sales- which is convenient because they also up the prices for opening issues ☹

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Falcon’s missing, so looks like Sam's gone from Avengers leader to comic book limbo - which probably means the end for Patriot and kid Falcon.
    If not an Avenger, Falcon will probably return in the pages of Captain America. You’re not wrong about Patriot + Kid Falcon though, who’ll be reserve Champions at best it seems.