Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    If you're interested in Hank, Infinity Prime #1 had a very cool development with him involving the Soul Stone. I expect much more will be going on with him during Duggan's Infinity storyline.
    Thanks for the tip I read it, but I'm still on the fence about the whole thing though... and since we didn't see any new development in the first issue, I'm not sure what to think right now.

But thanks, you give me hope
    "You don't raise yourself by stepping on somebody else"

Currently looking for a pull list... Does near-mint West Coast Avengers count?

#givebackthesuit
    #stopstealinghisstuff

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Thanks for the tip I read it, but I'm still on the fence about the whole thing though... and since we didn't see any new development in the first issue, I'm not sure what to think right now.

But thanks, you give me hope
    Yeah, who knows where's it going but that last scene in Prime seems like the first sign that Hank will be free of Ultron at some point.

Woof...June 2018's not gonna be easy on my wallet with all the stuff I'm intending to buy.
    Marvel Rising Alpha #1
    Infinity Countdown Champions #1
    Champions #21
    Ms. Marvel #31 (AKA MS. Marvel #50)
    Exiles #4

And also the Ms. Marvel Volume 9 Teenage Wasteland TPB. Good stuff for me, and I can see a few solicits that'll make some people here happy. So all in all, looking forward to June.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    I'm confidant Coates can turn Captain America around but who is going to do the same for The Falcon? I'm sure the character will still be around but after all the building up of the character in the last few years it has to be embarrassing that if they have to cancel the Sam Wilson's book in a manner which screams "lets hope they don't notice" also since she's being discussed it doesn't bode that well for Laura's return to the X-21 codename.
    Laura's last X-23 solo sold well-enough that I think she should be fine, even if she might not do the exact same numbers she did as Wolverine.

Mighty Member

Dr. Strange lost his powers AGAIN. I'm not even a fan and I think that's ridiculous. The man can't go a full year without being stripped from his abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Dr. Strange lost his powers AGAIN. I'm not even a fan and I think that's ridiculous. The man can't go a full year without being stripped from his abilities.
    QFT. And the write-up sounds even more dire than I feared. I was willing to accept a space-going Strange. I mean, he has done it before, but not so much as to make the concept old. But these first two issues seem to be limping along with the incredibly poorly thought-out "he needs to pay his mystic tab" concept that Aaron saddled the character with (and only this character--no other magic user in the Marvel universe has to deal with it; just one of the things that makes the concept stupid).
    "Age is not defined by years, but by regrets...I'm an old man now." --Fighting Yank, "Project Superpowers"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulku View Post
    QFT. And the write-up sounds even more dire than I feared. I was willing to accept a space-going Strange. I mean, he has done it before, but not so much as to make the concept old. But these first two issues seem to be limping along with the incredibly poorly thought-out "he needs to pay his mystic tab" concept that Aaron saddled the character with (and only this character--no other magic user in the Marvel universe has to deal with it; just one of the things that makes the concept stupid).
    It just sounds like Marvel has officially run out of ideas with Strange at this point.

they are taking the focus off of Strange until someone has a really great story for him. they are also lowering the bar so that eventual story will have you all saying "finally!"

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Did he get them back after Last Days of Magic?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    they are taking the focus off of Strange until someone has a really great story for him. they are also lowering the bar so that eventual story will have you all saying "finally!"
    I don't know why they'd keep giving him a solo book if they wanted to take the focus off of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Did he get them back after Last Days of Magic?
    I feel like he's gotten them back 2 or 3 times at this point .

Spectacular Member

Immortal Hulk #1
    Infinity Countdown #4
    Infinity Countdown: Black Widow #1
    Infinity Countdown: Darkhawk #2 and #3
    Infinity Countdown: Champion #1
    Captain America #703 and #704
    Petter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man #305, #306, and Annual #1
    Black Panther #2
    Moon Knight #196
    Old Man Logan #41 and #42
    Exiles #4
    Astonishing X-Men #12

Was gonna keep Doctor Strange but solicits seem pretty meh.

Infinity Countdown tie-ins and extra Spectacular Spider-Man issues hurting my wallet.

Looking forward to Domino, Multiple Man, Quicksilver: No Surrender, Rise of the Black Panther, Cable (w/ The Dregs creative team), X-Men: Red, Punisher, Two-in-One, Thor, Avengers, Sentry and Venom in trade. Trying to have my pull list down to 10 by the summer. Might pull Domino though since I'm dropping Doctor Strange after Cates' run ends and I wanna support a Gail Simone book.

You think Old Man Logan will end in its mid-forties? Or maybe they'll return him to the Wastelands (feel like Old Man Hawkeye is a test run for this).
    Last edited by nickytesla96; 03-20-2018 at 07:44 PM.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know why they'd keep giving him a solo book if they wanted to take the focus off of him.
    because people will still buy it; good or bad.

A few more than normal:
    TRUE BELIEVERS: ANT-MAN AND THE WASP - THE BIRTH OF GIANT-MAN #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: ANT-MAN AND THE WASP - ON THE TRAIL OF SPIDER-MAN #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: ANT-MAN AND THE WASP - ‘TIL DEATH DO US PART #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: ANT-MAN - THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING DOOM #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: SCOTT LANG, THE ASTONISHING ANT-MAN #1
    TRUE BELIEVERS: ANT-MAN AND HAWKEYE - AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #1
    CAPTAIN AMERICA EPIC COLLECTION: HERO OR HOAX? TPB

Strange makes me mad only because they straight ignored the Cates run like nothing, plus Waid already did underpowered Strange.

DOMINO #3
    GAIL SIMONE (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
    Cover by GREG LAND GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS!
    • DOMINO’s luck is running out, and not just figuratively: Her powers are fading away! What good is our favorite soldier of fortune without the good fortune?
    • She’s got her back against the wall, but that doesn’t mean nobody’s got her back: OUTLAW, DIAMONDBACK and a VERY SPECIAL (VERY SECRET) GUEST are in Dom’s corner!
    • PLUS: Domino’s mysterious archnemesis strikes!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Did Gail Simone bring back Rachel Leighton, or is that a different Diamondback? I would greatly appreciate Rachel's return.