Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Blue, Red, Multiple Man, New Mutants for me

Basically, I dont really like Red, and I dont think I will like Multiple Man. But I am curious about them, and want to see if they surprise me positively. The same also almost applies to Blue.

-Red, I am curious to see how he treats Cassandra Nova continuity, if she has a body, if she wants to get back Ernsts body, how she exists (Taylor could also completely ignore this)
    -Blue, I am curious about the Mothervine story, Emma, Havok, Miss Sinister, if someone will die, what will happen to Xorn, if new mutants will appear or depowered mutants will get repowered, what happens with the villainy of Emma or the Inversion of Havok
    -Multiple Man, I want to see Rosemberg's explanation for the Madrox thing, if he finds a way for Layla not being in the book to make sense

New Mutanta I have no complains about that one, I enjoyed the first issue, and want to see what happens between Rahne and Guido about Tier

Fantastic Member

Why do the mini series’ seem more appealing than the main line? New MutantsS, Domino, Multiple Man:Yes, please.

O5 back in Blue? I’ll prob pass (I didn’t get the poisonX arc) I love Bunn and the current Blue arc, wish he wasn’t saddled with the teen O5 and AU characters any more.

Gold? No. Did I miss something about the wedding special not having the wedding in it and now it’s in Gold?

Only the minis,Red(so far so good) and Astonishing(though I liked arc 1 much better than the current arc) for now.

BANNED

Ummm... HELLO?!

I mean, it's called X Song, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by mbm721 View Post
    ... O5 back in Blue? I’ll prob pass (I didn’t get the poisonX arc) I love Bunn and the current Blue arc, wish he wasn’t saddled with the teen O5 and AU characters any more. ...
    Same, but how large a role Polaris, Mags, etc. have afterward, will determine whether I get it or not, just like before the Mothervine story (and post #12). Was really hopin' for Lorna, Erik, Emma, & AleX to form an uneasy, unHOLY alliance, within the structure of establishing a new Hellfire Club faction built around them, and all THAT would entail.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 03-20-2018 at 06:33 PM.

BANNED

Some thoughts:

- Mystery in Madripoor: The Femme Fatales has to include Viper right? Perhaps Typhoid Mary, Chimera or Dragoness. Whoever they are, they must be pretty formidable if they're able to challenge the X-Women.

- Weapon Lost: Not a fan of the random DD, Misty Knight, Cypher and McGee team-up tbh. I'd easily switch out Misty for Elektra, who actually has a history with Logan. Doug + McGee make sense in terms of gathering info I guess. Anyway, the promise of a full-scale investigation and other heroes of the MU being questioned probably means plentiful cameos; given Logan has met hundreds of characters across the MU I'm sure there are some good little references to sneak in. It's been a while since we've seen Guardian & Vindicator which would be a good place to start.

-That cover for X-Men Red #5 isn't great, and I hate that it isn't the same style as #1-3. I don't mind the solo character covers, but at least make them consistent... The solicit doesn't give away much either. I'm all for keeping spoilers contained but surely there are bigger hints that can be included...

-Weapon X losing OML + Warpath? Interesting. Surely they'll have to pick up more members eventually- perhaps Marrow or Monet will join up with the crew.

-X-Men Blue #29 is confusing. Isn't this an old solicit (#27)? Someone's made a mistake. Obvs the O5 aren't still lost in space given they're on the cover with Jimmy & Bloodstorm. I knew they were gonna make it back but I can't wait for them to leave again. Totally #TeamDaken for the Daken V Jimmy fight.

- A death in New Mutants Dead Souls huh? If it's legitimate then I hope it's Guido. There''s no way we're losing Magik or Wolfsbane so close to the film next year. And I really hope Rictor + Prodigy are safe.

- OG X-Force reunion in Cable is cool and makes me want the real thing even more. A new team with Cable, Domino, Warpath, Boom-Boom, Shatterstar and then some wildcard additions like Daken or Spiral to spice things up a bit.

-the Domino solo looks like great fun. I love that Diamondback & Outlaw have been plucked from writers limbo as her supporting characters. Pretty sure someone was coming back in this book too (probably Copycat)

-Astonishing X-Men is set to continue with a new creative team after #12 apparently. I've no idea who'll write (Thompson? Brisson? Hopeless?) but Land is on art. OML and potentially R+G are off the team. Sage might be back based on hints from Paniccia & White.

-X-Men Blue #29 is confusing. Isn't this an old solicit (#27)? Someone's made a mistake. Obvs the O5 aren't still lost in space given they're on the cover with Jimmy & Bloodstorm. I knew they were gonna make it back but I can't wait for them to leave again. Totally #TeamDaken for the Daken V Jimmy fight.
    You are correct it’s an old solicit from 27.

Fantastic Member

Gold, probably Domino.

gotta remember to drop Astonishing from my pull list

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    You are correct it’s an old solicit from 27.
    is it a thing to deliberatedly xxuck up solicits to avoid spoilers?

I doubt it. It was titled hunt for Jimmy or something. Seems like they just messed up the bullet points.

Spectacular Member

Pull:
    Astonishing X-Men
    Old Man Logan
    Exiles

Trade:
    Cable (Thompson/Nadler)
    Domino
    Hunt for Wolverine minis
    Multiple Man
    Quicksilver: No Surrender
    X-Men: Red

Might end up pulling Domino since Donny Cates is no longer on Doctor Strange. But trying to scale down my pull list and didn't expect Astonishing X-Men to continue (pleasantly surprised though). Probably won't be long until Old Man Logan ends though.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    is it a thing to deliberatedly xxuck up solicits to avoid spoilers?
    Perhaps, anyway the cover to X-Men Blue 28.

https://www.instagram.com/rbsilva_comics/

Wow, this cover with Magneto, Polaris and Havok makes me so much more interested than the ones with the O5 and Jimmy... Why can't we have nice things for long? Die, O5!!!

DOMINO #3
    GAIL SIMONE (W) • DAVID BALDEON (A)
    Cover by GREG LAND GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS!
    • DOMINO’s luck is running out, and not just figuratively: Her powers are fading away! What good is our favorite soldier of fortune without the good fortune?
    • She’s got her back against the wall, but that doesn’t mean nobody’s got her back: OUTLAW, DIAMONDBACK and a VERY SPECIAL (VERY SECRET) GUEST are in Dom’s corner!
    • PLUS: Domino’s mysterious archnemesis strikes!
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

Is Diamondback still Rachel Leighton, or did a mutant character get that name?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Did they f*ck up with that X-Men: Blue #29 solicit? Pretty sure they used that for #26 or something. Also it doesn't match the cover since the O5 are back after Venomverse 2.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    Some thoughts:

-Astonishing X-Men is set to continue with a new creative team after #12 apparently. I've no idea who'll write (Thompson? Brisson? Hopeless?) but Land is on art. OML and potentially R+G are off the team. Sage might be back based on hints from Paniccia & White.
    Can we talk about this real quick. Where was this stated or confirmed? Not that I think you’re lying. I just want to read the article or tweets. Thanks.

Land on art 😑 Sage coming back?

Spectacular Member DamianWayne1's Avatar

Pull
    Cable
    X-Men: Red
    Trade
    All-New Wolverine
    Astonishing X-Men
    Hunt For Wolverine
    Quicksilver: No Surrender
    Multiple Man
    New Mutants: Dead Souls
    Exiles
    X-Men: Blue
    Top DC: Batman, Wonder Woman, Damian Wayne, Stephanie Brown, Barbara Gordon, Red Hood, Flash (Barry), Supergirl, Black Canary, & Green Arrow
    Top Marvel: Jean Grey, Ms. Marvel, Wolverine, Daredevil, Miles Morales, Jessica Jones, Magneto, Rogue, Storm, & Havok