Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Default Wildstorm in the DC universe

The Wildstorm characters that DC used in the 52 era,can they still be used in the DCU?
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

BANNED

Of course they can. DC owns Wildstorm lock stock and barrel.

yeah,they can be used,but i wonderunderwhcich circunstances they could approach the characters. As part of the multiverse? In their own series? TV? Animation? Iwonder if jim Lee is considering using Bendis in a potential adaptation. After all the deal include media adaptations, right?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I think they can be used in the DCU but they might not have incentive to because the books didn't sell etc. So they are probably more invested in keeping Wildstorm on a seperate earth again which lead to Warren Ellis's the Wild Storm line.

Amazing Member

The Wildstorm occurring in an universe of its own doesn't preclude the possibility of Wildstorm characters existing on Prime Earth still. In fact, I believe Midnighter and Apollo exist on Prime Earth. From a real world perspective, I think Wildstorm characters can work well in the main DCU if done right.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I haven't read the Wildstorm revamp yet, but it seems that there are DCU characters in that reality now. Without spoiling too much, are these just alternate versions of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I haven't read the Wildstorm revamp yet, but it seems that there are DCU characters in that reality now. Without spoiling too much, are these just alternate versions of them?
    pretty much.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I don't think the Wildstorm characters really ever fit in the main DCU anyway so it is better if they are just on their own Earth. They tried so many different ways to slide them into the DCU and it just didn't work for me. I don't think any of them have been used since Rebirth started except in the Wildstorm book have they?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I'd be all for more "classic" iterations of the Wildstorm characters showing up in the mainstream DCU, while Ellis's revamps take place on their own Earth. Since Dick Grayson has already interacted with some of them, I wouldn't mind some of them popping up in the Titans corner of the DCU. Midnighter should even join the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I don't think the Wildstorm characters really ever fit in the main DCU anyway so it is better if they are just on their own Earth. They tried so many different ways to slide them into the DCU and it just didn't work for me. I don't think any of them have been used since Rebirth started except in the Wildstorm book have they?
    Midnighter showed up in the Rebirth one shot for Nightwing.

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnight View Post
    The Wildstorm characters that DC used in the 52 era,can they still be used in the DCU?
    I don't see why not especially if DC has a great writer involved in the project IMHO, Grayson was the best example of how Wildstorm characters were used during the 52
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Quote Originally Posted by red winter View Post
    I don't see why not especially if DC has a great writer involved in the project IMHO, Grayson was the best example of how Wildstorm characters were used during the 52
    Despite my reticence, I agree. We have mixed results with characters from other editorials who had blend with more or less success to the main DC lore. Thedifference is than theWildstorm universe development in severalyearsand had a lot of interesting concepts than worked by themselves.I'm ennjoying The Wild Storm but I would like to see again a more classic WS universe in DC and with the multiverse being infinite again, I don't think that as impossible.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

BANNED

I hate the current Wildstorm book. I'd just like a Grifter book.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I hate the current Wildstorm book. I'd just like a Grifter book.
    Well, it's not exactly aimed at the "Classic Coke" fans.

As for that "Classic Coke" continuity and recent versions of it, Ellis has said that he sees the most recent versions of Midnighter and Apollo as out there in mainstream DC continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

Midnighter showed up in the Rebirth one shot for Nightwing.
    Prometheus mentioned him in Justice League Of America, referring to their previous battle too.