Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I wouldn't say Seeley avoided character driven stories. Off the top of my head, issues 2, 4, 6, 7 and the annual with Superman were all character driven, just done in a different way than King.

In fact, I'd say he's a little more attentive to consistent character writing than King is (even if I think complaints about King's characterizations are WAY overblown).
    There was that issue that timeskipped to develop Dick's relationship with Shawn.

Astonishing Member

A good way to move Dick forward while still providing enough familiar scope for fans would be the Young Justice model with Titans. They're a Justice League sanctioned black ops unit that Dick leads, bringing his experience from Spyral to the table. Fans were persistent enough that Young Justice is getting a third season five years after leaving the show in limbo (no thanks to Cartoon Network's treatment of the show), and it's a direction for Titans. Dick can jump in and out of the title, allowing easier reconciliation with his own title. One of the challenges Dick faced in season one of the show was realising the toll of Batman's approach to missions (in the episode with the training simulation gone wrong this was the biggest fallout for him). A comics version would allow Dick to carve out his own identity while still being in the DC community and travel the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    I agree, but I think that EDITORIAL is to blame for keeping Nightwing in this rut, not the writers.
    Well i don't think writers like Abnett is helping very much, but Nightwing doesn't really even have a writer right now. They seem to be grabbing who they can to do hit and run arcs. Which is a bigger problem then Nightwing just being in a rut. How they seemingly have no plan and no real creative team in place for Nightwing is quite sad and worrisome to me. Hopefully its just because they need to just fill out the time for something coming up, but if not. Nightwing is in serious trouble.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 03-23-2018 at 09:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Well i don't think writers like Abnett is helping very much, but Nightwing doesn't really even have a writer right now. They seem to be grabbing who they can to do hit and run arcs. Which is a bigger problem then Nightwing just being in a rut. How they seemingly have no plan and no real creative team in place for Nightwing is quite sad and worrisome to me. Hopefully its just because they need to just fill out the time for something coming up, but if not. Nightwing is in serious trouble.
    Maybe they're buying time to sync up schedules for an upcoming crossover (which will be September/October at earliest, if the Bleeding Edge storyline runs four or five issues).

The Untouchables storyline definitely ran for too long. It was only three months and it still felt like forever of not much happening. I understand writing for the trade, but cut an issue or two and have a couple of one and dones to showcase character. With the title going monthly I am going to miss the bi-monthly pacing, especially if it's pacing like we've just had.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Maybe he tries to revive Haley's Circus or goes on tour. Goes freelance for Spyral or acts as an international operative for the Batfamily (this is a bit problematic considering how much Dick wants to escape the shadow of Bruce's Batman).
    Something like that could be interesting. He needs to be his own man and develop his own quest, his own goal. What does Nightwing stands for? He travels around the world to help those who don't have superheroes where they live for instance.