Page 88 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3878848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1452
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Some binding pics of the Bone Full Color One Volume HC replacement:

Last edited by JoeGuy; 08-24-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Spectacular Member FreakyFraser's Avatar

Ugh.....2 copies in now of the Uncanny X-Force reprint. Both have arrived from Amazon (Canada) showing the same damage. Book has been dropped or hit on the head of the spine.....both had damage to the book board & ripped dust jackets. Amazon is good with replacing them with free next day shipping (& providing shipping labels to return the damaged books), it's just frustrating. I honestly think the damage occurred before packaging/shipping because I can't see any corresponding damage to the shipper the books came in.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

So Covid-19 hit and crippled the supply chain. I wanted to secure my copies of some books that IST wasn't getting.
    I placed an order with CGN, my first in over 4yrs, for three books totaling almost $250usd

The month wait wasn't an issue. The fact that when I got the package it was ripping.
    cgn_package.jpg

Astonishing X-men Omni was the middle book and escaped any damage.
    ASM by JMS vol.2 has a top right front dent of the corner.
    Swamp Thing by Nancy Collins, same thing, top right front corner dent.

It's annoying and I don't like it. However, I have a wife that is already 3cm dilated and I am going to the hospital any moment/day now(apparently "active labor" isn't till 5cm). There is also supply chain issues still but getting a bit better. Still I don't have the time or convenience to deal with rolling the dice if CGN will pack the books better next time.
    I'm going to take this mulligan and go with it, I'm going to have diapers to change.
    Just wanted to share that CGN should've used better boxes, packing etc...like perhaps two boxes?!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    So Covid-19 hit and crippled the supply chain. I wanted to secure my copies of some books that IST wasn't getting.
    I placed an order with CGN, my first in over 4yrs, for three books totaling almost $250usd

The month wait wasn't an issue. The fact that when I got the package it was ripping.
    cgn_package.jpg

It's annoying and I don't like it. However, I have a wife that is already 3cm dilated and I am going to the hospital any moment/day now(apparently "active labor" isn't till 5cm). There is also supply chain issues still but getting a bit better. Still I don't have the time or convenience to deal with rolling the dice if CGN will pack the books better next time.
    I'm going to take this mulligan and go with it, I'm going to have diapers to change.
    Just wanted to share that CGN should've used better boxes, packing etc...like perhaps two boxes?!
    I go with IST whenever possible. CGN is somewhere between Amazon and IST for packaging. Amazon is to be avoided at all costs for omnis/OHCs. I myself only use CGN when they have their periodic sales or if there is a really good deal in their nick and dent. Haven’t placed a lot of orders with them and I don’t see that changing much going forward.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

cgn_package.jpg

Man, I feel your pain. That looks like a really flimsy box, not the thick quality ones from IST and/or Diamond ones. I've never ordered from CGN and probably never will. Congrats on the upcoming baby btw.

My copy of The Hellblazer Omni arrived today from Amazon UK (I'm in Canada), and even though it came in a flimsy ass box, DHL got it here unscathed. Amazon.ca could learn something here.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyFraser View Post
    My copy of The Hellblazer Omni arrived today from Amazon UK (I'm in Canada), and even though it came in a flimsy ass box, DHL got it here unscathed. Amazon.ca could learn something here.
    I’m so conflicted about the Hellblazer omni. I can’t decide whether to collect the entire run in trades which would be quite the investment money and shelf wise. Someone help me decide lol. The completionist in me wants the whole series and I know most of it is regarded as being good to great.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Man, I feel your pain. That looks like a really flimsy box, not the thick quality ones from IST and/or Diamond ones. I've never ordered from CGN and probably never will. Congrats on the upcoming baby btw.
    It is a thinner box for sure.
    I'm typing from the hospital now. Wife is at 4cm and with nurse.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    I’m so conflicted about the Hellblazer omni. I can’t decide whether to collect the entire run in trades which would be quite the investment money and shelf wise. Someone help me decide lol. The completionist in me wants the whole series and I know most of it is regarded as being good to great.
    I actually want the Azzarello Hellblazer run in an omni. Barring that, I'll likely make my own out of my trades.

Why does Amazon keep sending books in envelopes...?

IMG_2253.jpg
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Amazing Member

The question is, why do you buy books from Amazon, so you know they keep sending books in envelops

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    The question is, why do you buy books from Amazon, so you know they keep sending books in envelops
    Because it was the cheapest and if it's damaged they are sending me a new one for free It's weird because a few times they've been in cardboard, but only when it's a cheap paperback xD
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Amazon. The box was held together by the tape Two damaged books.
    IMG_20200605_161431_resized_20200605_075342555.jpgIMG_20200605_161438_resized_20200605_075341984.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Why does Amazon keep sending books in envelopes...?

IMG_2253.jpg
    They clearly do not have any Best Practices. I've got to believe that there has been enough feedback over the years that envelope shipping for HC books would be against a Best Practices policy at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Because it was the cheapest and if it's damaged they are sending me a new one for free It's weird because a few times they've been in cardboard, but only when it's a cheap paperback xD
    While true on occasion it is not worth the hassle(i.e. my time) of rolling the dice repeatedly over $3-8usd to catch them at the lowest price 5% of the time.
    Last edited by Captain Craig; 06-08-2020 at 09:33 AM.