Page 74 of 97 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1452
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    I just purchased an omni that had this exact same problem. After not getting any damaged books in a long time, I have received two in the last month or so. I used to just unwrap them and place them on my shelf, but now I thoroughly check each and every book I get.
    I got burned 1 time on my Remender Punisher Omni discovering the damage outside the return window after not checking it over, and I vowed never again. I flip through every book I get page by page the day I receive them now.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I got burned 1 time on my Remender Punisher Omni discovering the damage outside the return window after not checking it over, and I vowed never again. I flip through every book I get page by page the day I receive them now.
    You really have to. Especially when you're buying the expensive books like omnis and Absolute Editions. HAVE to check them right away and make sure they're not damaged.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

You really have to. Especially when you're buying the expensive books like omnis and Absolute Editions. HAVE to check them right away and make sure they're not damaged.
    it'd be nice though if these premium products for premium prices would actually be ...you know...premium quality?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    it'd be nice though if these premium products for premium prices would actually be ...you know...premium quality?
    While I agree with the need for much better quality control I don't know that I can call the Omnibus a "premium" product anymore. Realistically the first releases were basically oversized Masterwork quality books, but I don't know how many of us would have continued to stay with the line had the price had increased at the same rate as it has with the Masterwork line. For example the FF Vol 1 masterwork launched in 2003 at an MSRP of $49.99 256 pgs jump to 2015 and the Spider-Woman MMW was 272 pgs for $75.00. That is a 50% inflation. Looking at FF Vol 1 Omnibus in 2005 it was $99.99 for 878 pgs Omnibuses in 2015 Uncanny Avengers at 832 pages $100. Would people really be willing to spend $150+ for these books even at a slightly better quality. Secondly how bad are these current releases if we did not have the original ones to compare them against. The price per issue on the Omnibus is pretty damn good overall as well which doesn't scream premium product from a business stand point. Would I like the old quality level back... absolutely, but I am definitely not one of those concerned that my book is going to just fall apart under its own weight sitting on my shelf.

While I agree with the need for much better quality control I don't know that I can call the Omnibus a "premium" product anymore. Realistically the first releases were basically oversized Masterwork quality books, but I don't know how many of us would have continued to stay with the line had the price had increased at the same rate as it has with the Masterwork line. For example the FF Vol 1 masterwork launched in 2003 at an MSRP of $49.99 256 pgs jump to 2015 and the Spider-Woman MMW was 272 pgs for $75.00. That is a 50% inflation. Looking at FF Vol 1 Omnibus in 2005 it was $99.99 for 878 pgs Omnibuses in 2015 Uncanny Avengers at 832 pages $100. Would people really be willing to spend $150+ for these books even at a slightly better quality. Secondly how bad are these current releases if we did not have the original ones to compare them against. The price per issue on the Omnibus is pretty damn good overall as well which doesn't scream premium product from a business stand point. Would I like the old quality level back... absolutely, but I am definitely not one of those concerned that my book is going to just fall apart under its own weight sitting on my shelf.
    it's getting there though. The price increase is one thing but they shouldn't have lowered the quality. At least laminate the bloody covers like DC does when they don't just phone it in with the black cardboard.

Incredible Member

This damage wouldn't have been visible in either instance as it was miss cut pages that were folded in all funky. Also the hassle so far has in no way negated my happiness about a 50% discount verse purchase at a LCS.
    Ooohh so it was a manufacturing defect, I thought the books were damaged during shipment.

A very good feedback from the IDW store. I have ordered a $100 book (Mignola Amazing Screw-On Head Artist's Edition) a few weeks ago. While browing carefully through the book to do a review, it turns out that 4 pages (out of 150) present a printing problem. After asking around it seems the problem was probably only in my copy due to a single production artifact.

This picture illustrate the problem:

20170325_120805.jpg

After contacting the IDW store they immediately propose to send a replacement copy, which they did, knowing that shipping costs to France are around $70 for this type of huge book. Ace!

ps : and they do perfect packaging for artist's editions books

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    A very good feedback from the IDW store. I have ordered a $100 book (Mignola Amazing Screw-On Head Artist's Edition) a few weeks ago. While browing carefully through the book to do a review, it turns out that 4 pages (out of 150) present a printing problem. After asking around it seems the problem was probably only in my copy due to a single production artifact.

This picture illustrate the problem:

20170325_120805.jpg

After contacting the IDW store they immediately propose to send a replacement copy, which they did, knowing that shipping costs to France are around $70 for this type of huge book. Ace!

ps : and they do perfect packaging for artist's editions books
    Ugh. Stinks to get an error printed book, but it sounds like they're taking care of you so that's good.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

The problem I had with CGN and the $8 book has been resolved. After I sent them a message saying it really didn't make sense to ship the book back to them, and I would just donate it to my local library, they replied saying that sounds good. And it would be good to donate the book. So in the end, they're going to send me the correct book with my next order (which will be the middle of this month) and the library will get a new book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    and the book in itself is a real beauty!
    http://myabsolutecollection.blogspot...-head-and.html
    Fantastic service!

The problem I had with CGN and the $8 book has been resolved. After I sent them a message saying it really didn't make sense to ship the book back to them, and I would just donate it to my local library, they replied saying that sounds good. And it would be good to donate the book. So in the end, they're going to send me the correct book with my next order (which will be the middle of this month) and the library will get a new book.
    that's really cool and a bit surprising. I've heard quite bad things about CGN's costumer service but seems like they can be reasonable too.

Mighty Member

Has anyone else noticed a dip in quality with ISTs packaging? Can't really put my finger on it, as they use the same materials, but there seems to be less attention to detail. Like foam not protecting the sides of boxes, or room left for them to shift during transit, which are especially frustrating because as I said the matrerial is there. I had to return an entire order (which I've never done) and have seen the same problems the last 5 or 6 orders. On top of that, i wss asked to send photos of my return (which is also a first) so they "could compare to the ones they had in stock". Figured id see if anyone else had experienced similar instances before I notify them of my concerns.

Incredible Member

Update: I emailed them just out of curiosity to see what they would say, and I got a reply that said they are temporarily out of stock on this item and when they receive more from the distributor they will mail me my replacement. I guess they could either see the tracking number on their end, or the book eventually made it there after a month journey. Hopefully I get an acceptable copy this time. It has been said before but bears repeating IST customer service is second to non. Especially when compared to the fiasco being dealt with by Dark Knight1047 mentioned a few posts up.
    As of Monday I finally received a pristine copy of Alpha Flight omni that I ordered release day! I think they may have opened it and inspected it as it came out of the shrink wrap. Either way happy to finally have this one on the shelf. IST customer service excels again.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a dip in quality with ISTs packaging? Can't really put my finger on it, as they use the same materials, but there seems to be less attention to detail. Like foam not protecting the sides of boxes, or room left for them to shift during transit, which are especially frustrating because as I said the matrerial is there. I had to return an entire order (which I've never done) and have seen the same problems the last 5 or 6 orders. On top of that, i wss asked to send photos of my return (which is also a first) so they "could compare to the ones they had in stock". Figured id see if anyone else had experienced similar instances before I notify them of my concerns.
    Regarding the packaging I have had a couple orders that came not fully encapsulated in foam but rather foam on top and the books were secured to a large thick piece of cardboard on the bottom so they couldn't slide around. May not be as extreme as usual from them but still very secure. I have always sent photos straight away. Just always seemed like the right thing to do when claiming defect/damage
    Last edited by Brewman; 04-19-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Mighty Member

^It wasn't so much they asked for pics, its how they did so, like i was a habitual complainer. But thanks for the feedback confirming my own suspicions. It baffles me them not doing more to protect the sides where i would believe most damage occurs. A complete 180 from them, its just hard to understand where the recent downturn in quality (imo) spurs from.

Edit: And just b/c there cutomer service is good, doesn't mean i constantly wantt to hassle with returns (*glares at amazon)