Page 94 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44849091929394959697 LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1452
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I'm glad this is an IST packaged box is all I can say at this point. Me not having my book is not an IST issue on this one.
    I live in Nashville, TN
    Smyrna is a depot about an hour west in another county. So it got close, real close but someone messed up at the depot.
    PackageTravels.jpg

Curious when I may see this. It is my Batman Rise and Fall of the Batmen Omnibus
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm glad this is an IST packaged box is all I can say at this point. Me not having my book is not an IST issue on this one.
    I live in Nashville, TN
    Smyrna is a depot about an hour west in another county. So it got close, real close but someone messed up at the depot.
    PackageTravels.jpg

Curious when I may see this. It is my Batman Rise and Fall of the Batmen Omnibus
    Wow, that is an overshot! I have noticed this happens on occasion even with non-comic items, with both UPS and the USPS who tend to do similar things going into state, then out of state only to re-route it back in state. Delivery schedules and routes are so odd these days!

Hopefully you get your books soon and in good order.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Has anyone put a book in their basket on Booksetc and have it crossed out with the message that "Some of your items are no longer available or cannot be delivered to you.." but even when you remove it the book is still available for purchase? It didn't make a difference whether I marked it for delivery to the UK or Poland. This happened to two separate Marvel Omnibuses but no problems at all when I placed a Batman Omnibus or a Dark Horse EC Archives in my basket.

Amazing Member

I had that info for books with "Dispatched within 1-2 working days." for 2-3 working days there was ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Has anyone put a book in their basket on Booksetc and have it crossed out with the message that "Some of your items are no longer available or cannot be delivered to you.." but even when you remove it the book is still available for purchase? It didn't make a difference whether I marked it for delivery to the UK or Poland. This happened to two separate Marvel Omnibuses but no problems at all when I placed a Batman Omnibus or a Dark Horse EC Archives in my basket.
    I've had that in the past. Don't know why, but you can't order the item. In a couple of days it can be different.

I placed an order with booksetc in december. It got shipped on the 12th of january and since the 13th it's at a postal hub. Nothing is happening with it. I can see this because I asked for a track and trace (which they only provide b3cause I asked, why not standard?). I'm not optimistic about the order to arrive. And my costs for Tax etc will be high, because of the late shipment. For now it's the last time I ordered in the UK. The costs are to high after the Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by xanar View Post
    I had that info for books with "Dispatched within 1-2 working days." for 2-3 working days there was ok.
    Have you ordered and received anything in 2021 and had to pay any extra excise tax or anything extra?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I've had that in the past. Don't know why, but you can't order the item. In a couple of days it can be different.
    Ok, thanks. I'll try later.

All-New Member

So how about this method. Any suggestions, comments, or dislikes? The comic is first bagged and boarded using poly bags and boards made specifically for comic books (acid-free, etc.). The flap is folded and *not* taped. I wouldn't want to get into that debate... The bagged and boarded comics are then placed in a larger poly bag and taped closed. Comics are placed in the bag facing the same direction (e.g. spine to spine). The package is then wrapped in bubble wrap, 2 layers, and taped again. The brick is placed in a Gemini mailer (and taped down) or a larger box if needed (and the brick padded with paper). Do you see any problems with this method?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Have you ordered and received anything in 2021 and had to pay any extra excise tax or anything extra?
    I received Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 yesterday by poczta ;-) that I ordered on 27th November and they sent it in January, nothing extra I got awizo and went to post and they gave me this just like that, I suppose it will be lottery.

I received Silver Surfer Omnibus Vol. 1 yesterday by poczta ;-) that I ordered on 27th November and they sent it in January, nothing extra I got awizo and went to post and they gave me this just like that, I suppose it will be lottery.
    That took quite a while for SS to get to you but thankfully you had no extra charges. You could be right regarding it being a lottery. When I used to order regularly from IST and occasionally from Amazon.com, I had a couple of orders from the latter and one from the former held up at the Post Office depot (near Okęcie, Warsaw). I had to go out there and fill a form or two, make an extra payment and then I would receive my order a couple of weeks later. I think a lot depends on the postal workers and whether they decide to hold up a specific package or not.

Amazing Member

I noticed that that prices for Marvel Omnibuses in Booksetc when you have eventually add VAT and some costs for customs are practically the same if you take it in preorder in Atom.

Not cool. Did you manually add the VAT & customs charge yourself?

Btw, Marvel Omnibuses for some reason were always pricier than DC Omnibuses on Booksetc.
    Btw2, Multiversum.pl preorders are now almost as high as Atomcomics.pl preorders. Atom customer service is so much friendlier and helpful than Multiversum that I sometimes prefer to preorder from Atom even though, they can be slightly higher.

Amazing Member

Yes, when you add vat and transport (for example when you order 3 Marvel omnibuses) it is about 20pln difference on omnibuses for 125$, don't know how much the customs will be so it will be even more than preorder.
    DC omnibuses books are practically non existing on Booksetc, I found Preacher it has 48% discount, don't know but our shops buy with similar discount.
    With the practically same prices between Multiversum and Atom it is no brainier where to order, and Multiversum make something like that, when you don't preorder every month then you will be deleted from "pps" program and you will have to pay for every preoder in advance.

Is saw there is "Fantastic Four By John Byrne Omnibus Vol. 1 (new Printing)" on Booksetc so maybe I order, but I don' like omnibuses that where are cut issues in the middle and maybe wait for the epic couple years

Yes, when you add vat and transport (for example when you order 3 Marvel omnibuses) it is about 20pln difference on omnibuses for 125$, don't know how much the customs will be so it will be even more than preorder.
    DC omnibuses books are practically non existing on Booksetc, I found Preacher it has 48% discount, don't know but our shops buy with similar discount.
    With the practically same prices between Multiversum and Atom it is no brainier where to order, and Multiversum make something like that, when you don't preorder every month then you will be deleted from "pps" program and you will have to pay for every preoder in advance.

Is saw there is "Fantastic Four By John Byrne Omnibus Vol. 1 (new Printing)" on Booksetc so maybe I order, but I don' like omnibuses that where are cut issues in the middle and maybe wait for the epic couple years
    I'm going to have to slightly disagree here on that point. I picked up two $150 DC Omnibuses at very reasonable prices - Final Crisis Omnibus for £59 and JLA Morrison Omnibus for £60. That's about PLN 300 a piece. Also the Super Sons Expanded Omnibus for £43. I also recently saw the Batman Detective Comics Omnibus for around £60. I found the key is to regularly check their site for books you want.