Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1452
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Just got 2 paperbacks from Plumcircle, i ordered them on the 17th and they arrived today. The books arrived in good condition with no knocks or creasing and they was packed in a bubble envelope as well as being wrapped in abit of extra bubble wrap, and there was a piece of cardboard in the envelope to stop them getting bent. I will be buying from them again for sure
    Great to hear. Now if only their prices were a little lower on certain items snd similar to what they charge on the amazon.com marketplace

All-New Member

Hi, guys!

Does anyone have any experience with www.Bookwitty.com? Books are allegedly brand new and REALLY cheap (almost all of them), but this is precisely what makes me distrust the shop. I couldn't find any opinion on the web either. Thanks!

Astonishing Member

Anybody else is having deliveries late by Book depository?
    I should had recieved a TPB from them at maximum yesterday(considerating the days they give in the web site to have the items delievered).
    And nothing so far.If it does not arrive today,i will sent them a e-mail and go to my post office ask for information.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Anybody else is having deliveries late by Book depository?
    I should had recieved a TPB from them at maximum yesterday(considerating the days they give in the web site to have the items delievered).
    And nothing so far.If it does not arrive today,i will sent them a e-mail and go to my post office ask for information.
    That happens sometime. It's being delayed in the process somewhere. Mostly with the postal service. I wouldn't worry.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    That happens sometime. It's being delayed in the process somewhere. Mostly with the postal service. I wouldn't worry.
    You were right.
    I have recieved the TPB already,with a couple of days late but not a major delay from bookdepository.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

If there is a post about this already then point me in the right direction.

What is the best way to package my paperback(both thick and thin) for when i am selling on ebay?
    I have some books i am putting up for sale due to upgrading to hardcover editions and i want to make sure i have good packing.
    If anyone here sells books frequently then please let me know what your preffered choice is, thanks.

What is the best way to package my paperback(both thick and thin) for when i am selling on ebay?
    I have some books i am putting up for sale due to upgrading to hardcover editions and i want to make sure i have good packing.
    If anyone here sells books frequently then please let me know what your preffered choice is, thanks.
    I might be extra protective but I would put them in a plastic bag to prevent water damage and then put some paper padding around it like used newspaper (some lightweight paper) and depends on how many books you are sending put it either in an appropriately sized box or a cardboard sleeve.

Are you selling them individually or as a lot? Try to always use a box even if it's just a small TPB. The risk of the book being damaged in transit is significantly lower. Leave at least an inch and half around the sides for packing material ( peanuts, newspaper, bubble wrap etc.). Make sure you put enough packing material in the box so that the book is not loose. If you are wanting to use those bubble wrap mailers for smaller tpb, make sure you put some cardboard on either side of the book for extra support. I also usually try to seal the book before putting it in the box/mailer. I use plastic bags or that clear cellophane wrap, just in case the package gets exposed to the elements.

I always ask myself would this package survive drops on the floor and being smashed between other items. If you think yes, then you've probably done enough to protect the book.

Spectacular Member

After a loooong wait, I finally received my latest IST shipment today (international shipping sucks!).

A bit of a weird situation... I received 3 omnibuses when I only ordered 2. I ordered Deadpool by Daniel Way Vol 1 and Deadpool Classic Vol 1, but received an additional copy of Deadpool Classic. All in the same parcel. I was very confused as I was holding two of the exact same book, for a moment thought they sent it in lieu of the Daniel Way collection, but then noticed that was in the box too. I've double checked the email confirmation, my order history, packing slip, etc., and I definitely only ordered 1 copy.

When I placed the order, Classic was 50% off as part of a sale, so half of me thinks it's an error, half of me thinks that because it was on sale they thought "let's throw 2 copies in for the sake of it" (though they still have it in stock at the standard 42% right now). The honest person in me is leaning towards flicking an email off to IST. What would y'all do?

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Spectacular Member

Has anyone in the uk ordered from cheapgraphicnovels.com? I’m trying to buy one hc on there but shipping is 75 dollars (nearly double the price of the book!). It say they usually overestimate shipping on their FAQ, is this a gross overestimate or is it about right?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    After a loooong wait, I finally received my latest IST shipment today (international shipping sucks!).

A bit of a weird situation... I received 3 omnibuses when I only ordered 2. I ordered Deadpool by Daniel Way Vol 1 and Deadpool Classic Vol 1, but received an additional copy of Deadpool Classic. All in the same parcel. I was very confused as I was holding two of the exact same book, for a moment thought they sent it in lieu of the Daniel Way collection, but then noticed that was in the box too. I've double checked the email confirmation, my order history, packing slip, etc., and I definitely only ordered 1 copy.

When I placed the order, Classic was 50% off as part of a sale, so half of me thinks it's an error, half of me thinks that because it was on sale they thought "let's throw 2 copies in for the sake of it" (though they still have it in stock at the standard 42% right now). The honest person in me is leaning towards flicking an email off to IST. What would y'all do?
    I'd be honest and send them an email letting them know. I'm almost 100% sure that they'll just let you keep it. It'll be too much hassle for them regarding international shipping fees et all. I received a damaged book and they let me keep it and shipped me a new one at no extra cost. Btw, I live in Poland. IST really are pretty excellent when it comes to service.

Incredible Member

Ordered a used masterwork from amazon.co.uk market place (fulfilled by Amazon). It was advertised as like new. I wouldnt know if it was like new. The packaging made sure it didnt arrive like that. Thin cardboard (more like paper) envelope. Not even a bubblewrap envelope. Nice dented corners. Dust jacket slid off partially in transit so that got damaged more. Lesson learned. Buy stuff like masterworks when they are still available from someone like instocktrades.
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 04-09-2018 at 02:18 PM.

I ordered a trade from CGN a couple months ago and it was listed as "new". After the book arrived it was obvious it was NOT new as described and had some damage, so I contacted CGN and they were friendly enough and asked me to return the book (and they had no other copies in stock), which I did. But the thing is I was NOT reimbursed for the initial shipping cost nor was I reimbursed for the return shipping cost! IST is the best and I have only had to make 3 returns (for replacements) in the past 2-3 years...IST emails a postage paid return label so return shipping costs the buyer nothing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I ordered a trade from CGN a couple months ago and it was listed as "new". After the book arrived it was obvious it was NOT new as described and had some damage, so I contacted CGN and they were friendly enough and asked me to return the book (and they had no other copies in stock), which I did. But the thing is I was NOT reimbursed for the initial shipping cost nor was I reimbursed for the return shipping cost! IST is the best and I have only had to make 3 returns (for replacements) in the past 2-3 years...IST emails a postage paid return label so return shipping costs the buyer nothing.
    Lesson learned. Order from places where you have had good experiences from. Believe me, I would've ordered this from IST had they had it in stock. Oh well. Waiting on some IST orders now!