Page 30 of 97 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    Those Neal Adams stories are awesome. I've been interested in buying the HCs too but only have the first one (I was lucky, right place, right time and I got a brand new NM copy for $15) but haven't had same luck with the other 2 yet.
    You can get this omnibus when it comes out http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/140125...nkL&ref=plSrch
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    You can get this omnibus when it comes out http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/140125...nkL&ref=plSrch
    I was going to wait for the omnibus, but decided against it.
    If I decide to get the omnibus, then I'll just give my son those three books.

But they sure are pretty books.
    Last edited by Cold Water; 01-04-2015 at 07:09 AM.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Thanks for this, I didn't know about that one.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

My wife got me the first two Grell Green Arrow trades. Was great since I already had the Longbow Hunters, but she ordered two of the second trade by mistake. When I tried to do the return through amazon, it issued the return and said I did not need to return the book. Pretty odd.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Can any international buyer give me an answer to this:

I have a family member who is in the US (Texas) until March. He's willing to accept my IST purchases and send them to me by courier. Could I save a lot of money on postage using this method? Or is IST's postage amounts based on weight pretty accurate?

Does anyone know how much a standard box (maybe 5 kgs/11 pounds) would cost using DHL or someone else cheaper?

Thanks.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post

I have a family member who is in the US (Texas) until March. He's willing to accept my IST purchases and send them to me by courier. Could I save a lot of money on postage using this method? Or is IST's postage amounts based on weight pretty accurate?

Does anyone know how much a standard box (maybe 5 kgs/11 pounds) would cost using DHL or someone else cheaper?

Thanks.
    Last year my sister sent me one of the Y: The Last Man OHC as a birthday gift and the UPS postage fee was almost $40. It would have been cheaper to buy it directly from Amazon.

Incredible Member

Thanks.
    Only your family member has connections for cheap shipping or knows of a cheaper service than IST uses. If they were just going to mail it on their own, then chances are they're going to be paying as much as IST asks of you.

Furthermore, you can just get a shipping estimate yourself if you go on DHL or another company's website. None of us know your address or your family member's address.

Amazing Member

Thanks.
    As others have mentioned International courier costs is expensive. You are not going to beat IST or Amazon's shipping prices going down this route. If your relative can find a postage wholsaler that caters to the public and can use ISAL then you might save some money. The only other option is sea mail, it takes about 2 months but there doesn't seem to be anything else as effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyus View Post
    As others have mentioned International courier costs is expensive. You are not going to beat IST or Amazon's shipping prices going down this route. If your relative can find a postage wholsaler that caters to the public and can use ISAL then you might save some money. The only other option is sea mail, it takes about 2 months but there doesn't seem to be anything else as effective.
    I have recently purchased volume 1 of Locke & Key Deluxe Oversized edition through ebay and sent it to my cousin house in Chicago. She has sent the package to France (not received yet) and it has cost her 50$ and we were already in 2015. For a smaller book like regular size deluxe edition I remember paying 36$. The only +side is we no longer have to add custom fees.

Spectacular Member

Hi everyone,

Happy new year to you all!

We got some nice amazon uk gift cards today at the office and I'm planning on blowing the whole thing on books, but I'm a bit worried about their packaging when ordering around 10 books (out of which Animal Man Omni, Arkwright Integral, etc. so HC mostly) at once. Did you guys ever order such large orders?
    I know I could split the orders but I save quite a lot on packing (only 10 GBP for the one order).

Thanks!

I just recieved a Man-thing omnibus from amazon seller Cuppycakes. it was listed as new (unused). Here are some pics:

Top corner:
    IMG_0238.jpg

Bottom corner:
    IMG_0240.jpg

Dust Jacket:
    IMG_0243.jpg

It bothers me, but I'm resisting the urge to ask for a partial refund because I feel like I'm being too picky. what would you guys do in this scenario?
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-11-2015 at 03:17 PM.

Spine:
    IMG_0242.jpg

btw, the damage would have happened before they took it off the shelf, not during shipping, because the packaging was bomb-proof, better than instocktrades. it was actually wrapped in bubblewrap, then placed in a box, then wraped in foam, and placed in another box filled with packing peanuts.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 01-10-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Those corner bumps and spine crinkling are common on even new books. I believe the process of plastic wrapping them at the factory can even cause it. It's the damage to the dustjacket that screams, "not new condition!"

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    It bothers me, but I'm resisting the urge to ask for a partial refund because I feel like I'm being too picky. what would you guys do in this scenario?
    I agree with DrGregatron. I would never expect a book listed as Like New to actually be in 100% condition. Small dents and bends are normal. I would imagine international buyers are more used to that; but the dust jacket is a bit much. If you feel you paid Like New prices and received anything less, don't hesitate to ask for some type of partial refund that lines up with your fair price.

007 girl.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I just recieved a Man-thing omnibus from amazon seller Cuppycakes. it was listed as new. here are some pics:

Top corner:
    IMG_0238.jpg

Bottom corner:
    IMG_0240.jpg

Dust Jacket:
    IMG_0243.jpg

If there's an option to return it, I would as those type of flaws would be a bother to me if they weren't mentioned in the description...although shipping might be at my expense. The seller just probably assumed everything's new because it was still sealed.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.