Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1452
    Incredible Member

I haven't had any bad shipping experiences and to prove here's my Brave & The Bold Omnibus from Amazon, it came neatly packaged with no dents, creases or smells.

Anyone in the UK had bad experiences with Fedex? I bought an omni through Flubit and the fulfilling merchant was Fireworks Direct which I think is Amazon or their warehouse or whatever. The book didn't arrive within the projected timeframe so I've messaged them to see what's up. They said Fedex tried to deliver my book twice but no one was home, they left a card both times but there was no reaction from me to the cards.
    Well, there were no cards left here at all, I have a box adjusted right under my letter slot on the door so nothing drops on the floor (or on my dog) or gets lost. So I've messaged back to the merchant and they said that's weird (so they believed me that there were no cards). They told Fedex to redeliver the book and I've confirmed my shipping address in case they got it wrong (they said they didn't the confirmed address matches the original one).
    Yesterday I've checked the tracking number the merchant gave me and now lo and behold it states that my package got delivered (while I was in work) and someone signed for it.
    I have no idea who the person that signed for is and once again, I got no card about this.
    I've messaged the merchant yesterday but got no reply and so far they always replied within an hour or two during the day.

Starting to get worried here. Never had a problem with any deliveries or couriers but no one really uses Fedex. I can't even remember getting a package from them for like 2 years now.

If anyone is interested Fedex is garbage and the seller resent the book with Royalmail without any problems.

On another topic:

Bit of a warning mostly for Europeans: in the last 2-3 weeks I got 3 orders cancelled because the sellers didn't have the books in stock, even though they've put them up on ebay or amazon for reasonable prices (so it's affordable for what it is but not an über glitch price).
    Bookdepository with Screw-on head AE
    Blackwells with Rai dlx
    Deal IT on amazon it with Archer & Armstrong dlx v1
    Not saying they should be avoided all the time, just a warning so you won't get your hopes up if you see a whale or whalette from these sellers (also waiting on refunds can be really annoying when you are short on money).

Incredible Member

I am hoping I have not been screwed by myself and usps. I returned my Apha Flight omni to IST shipped on 3/1 and forgot to write down my tracking # before the wife mailed it, and have not heard from them about a replacement copy. The way my luck is going with this one it wouldn't surprise me for a lost package. Had 2 damaged copies already. I know it is on me for not writing down the #, but I hate the time sensitive return label as well, because you can't go back and recheck it. Lesson learned write it down immediately because my wife will help me out and Mail off the box the next day while I'm at work. Still holding onto hope!
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Here is a cautionary tale about MyHermes:
    I always use them because they are relatively cheap and the pick up service is quite convenient and never had a problem with them before, I've shipped big packages to France and Belgium through them, without any setbacks.
    However my latest package got lost in transit, even though the tracking said it was delivered. Costumer service couldn't even find the driver. I've filed a claim and they said the package is lost but then a day later they've messaged me that they've found it and it will be delivered next day. Also they will refund me for all the troubles and frustration.
    Well, 3 days later the package still didn't arrive so I've refunded the very patient but very frustrated buyer and messaged Hermes to get me my package back to my address. They said they can't because it is already delivered.
    So I wrote the buyer who checked with the neighbours and lo and behold the package was there! So all is well but I still haven't got the promised refund from Hermes.

Ordered some books for the first time in over a year from an Abebooks seller whose shipping was only $1 to NZ. Will see how that goes, hopefully the two Omnibuses will arrive safely.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    I am hoping I have not been screwed by myself and usps. I returned my Apha Flight omni to IST shipped on 3/1 and forgot to write down my tracking # before the wife mailed it, and have not heard from them about a replacement copy. The way my luck is going with this one it wouldn't surprise me for a lost package. Had 2 damaged copies already.
    You've had 2 damaged copies already? sorry to hear that but do you have a nearby comic store to buy one in person, I know it's so easier to order online but sometimes I like to inspect the books condition in person.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

So in my last order from CGN, one of the books they sent me was wrong. I e-mailed them and told them about it and their reply was "Ship the book back to us and we'll ship the right book to you plus refund you $7.95 for shipping the other book back to us".

Here's the thing, the wrong book that they sent me is an $8 book. It's going to probably cost me almost that much to send it back to them. I don't want the book and would have probably donated it to my local library, but does that make any sense? I could see if it was a $50 book or something like that, but an $8 book? They really want me to ship it back to them? Stupid.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    So in my last order from CGN, one of the books they sent me was wrong. I e-mailed them and told them about it and their reply was "Ship the book back to us and we'll ship the right book to you plus refund you $7.95 for shipping the other book back to us".

Here's the thing, the wrong book that they sent me is an $8 book. It's going to probably cost me almost that much to send it back to them. I don't want the book and would have probably donated it to my local library, but does that make any sense? I could see if it was a $50 book or something like that, but an $8 book? They really want me to ship it back to them? Stupid.
    Aren't they giving you $8 to ship it back? Ist makes you send the books back as well (although they cover shipping up front). Seems pretty standard practice to return them.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Aren't they giving you $8 to ship it back? Ist makes you send the books back as well (although they cover shipping up front). Seems pretty standard practice to return them.
    No, they're only giving me $7 to ship it back. I just looked again at the e-mail. That's supposed to cover the cost of shipping the book back (which is about what the book costs) and that doesn't include my time and gas to go to the post office.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    No, they're only giving me $7 to ship it back. I just looked again at the e-mail. That's supposed to cover the cost of shipping the book back (which is about what the book costs) and that doesn't include my time and gas to go to the post office.
    and it's an $8 book, like why even bother asking it back? As you've said if it were a $50 book, sure but is that $1 they make on this worth it for them?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    and it's an $8 book, like why even bother asking it back? As you've said if it were a $50 book, sure but is that $1 they make on this worth it for them?
    Right? I thought it was silly too. So I just e-mailed them back and told them basically that it was silly to waste my time and gas to go to the post office over an $8 book. I asked them "How about I donate it to my local library and I'll e-mail you a statement from them so you know I did?".

I'm waiting for a reply from them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    You've had 2 damaged copies already? sorry to hear that but do you have a nearby comic store to buy one in person, I know it's so easier to order online but sometimes I like to inspect the books condition in person.
    This damage wouldn't have been visible in either instance as it was miss cut pages that were folded in all funky. Also the hassle so far has in no way negated my happiness about a 50% discount verse purchase at a LCS.

Incredible Member

I am hoping I have not been screwed by myself and usps. I returned my Apha Flight omni to IST shipped on 3/1 and forgot to write down my tracking # before the wife mailed it, and have not heard from them about a replacement copy. The way my luck is going with this one it wouldn't surprise me for a lost package. Had 2 damaged copies already. I know it is on me for not writing down the #, but I hate the time sensitive return label as well, because you can't go back and recheck it. Lesson learned write it down immediately because my wife will help me out and Mail off the box the next day while I'm at work. Still holding onto hope!
    Update: I emailed them just out of curiosity to see what they would say, and I got a reply that said they are temporarily out of stock on this item and when they receive more from the distributor they will mail me my replacement. I guess they could either see the tracking number on their end, or the book eventually made it there after a month journey. Hopefully I get an acceptable copy this time. It has been said before but bears repeating IST customer service is second to non. Especially when compared to the fiasco being dealt with by Dark Knight1047 mentioned a few posts up.

This damage wouldn't have been visible in either instance as it was miss cut pages that were folded in all funky. Also the hassle so far has in no way negated my happiness about a 50% discount verse purchase at a LCS.
    I just purchased an omni that had this exact same problem. After not getting any damaged books in a long time, I have received two in the last month or so. I used to just unwrap them and place them on my shelf, but now I thoroughly check each and every book I get.