Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1452

It is almost 7:30 and it is raining heavy and it is very dark and my package has still not arrived.
    I fully expect it to be tossed on my porch at 3:00 AM; resulting in half my neighbors running out in there under wear
    looking frantically for where the loud sound came from

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    It is almost 7:30 and it is raining heavy and it is very dark and my package has still not arrived.
    I fully expect it to be tossed on my porch at 3:00 AM; resulting in half my neighbors running out in there under wear
    looking frantically for where the loud sound came from
    Is there tracking?????

Has anyone noticed a dip in the customer service from DCBS/IST? I feel like they used to respond to emails much more quickly in the past.

Here's my current situation. My monthly DCBS order was processed for shipping on 5/9. I recieved a notice from UPS that a label was created. I then received notice of a second label's creation. A little later, I got a third notice that the first label had been voided. Ok, fine, I'm still at a net of one shipment.

I've been watching the remaining tracking number since then, and it has yet to update that UPS received a package. I emailed DCBS on Monday, 5/14, to let them know something was up. I have yet to get a response from them, and there's been no movement on the shipment.

It's really frustrating. I don't mind waiting a few days for a response when I'm asking some goofy question ("hurr durr do you have any copies of Turbo Rocket Man #183 left?"), but this a monthly shipment that's a week later than usual and seems to be lost somewhere between them and UPS.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Is there tracking?????
    There was a tracking link with my order (that is how I knew the movements of the package.) I received it yesterday at 7:30.
    The drama was mostly my fault. Working in receiving, I know enough about UPS and shipping that when my order said a label
    was created on 5-10 and the package would arrive on 5-12, it was using a general shipping time if the package was scanned and
    taking by the driver just after the label was created. But because IST held the package until after 6:00 PM on Friday 5-11,
    the delivery date had to be changed to Tuesday 5-15

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    There was a tracking link with my order (that is how I knew the movements of the package.) I received it yesterday at 7:30.
    The drama was mostly my fault. Working in receiving, I know enough about UPS and shipping that when my order said a label
    was created on 5-10 and the package would arrive on 5-12, it was using a general shipping time if the package was scanned and
    taking by the driver just after the label was created. But because IST held the package until after 6:00 PM on Friday 5-11,
    the delivery date had to be changed to Tuesday 5-15
    Ooo. At least it came!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Default IST Processing Delays

Has anyone recently noticed delays in having their IST orders processed?

My order from 05/21/2018 was processed on 05/29/2018.

My order from 05/29/2018 was picked & scanned but still hasn't been processed!!!

I put in another order yesterday 06/06/2018 (sill not picked & scanned).

I might have to shoot them an email.

Spectacular Member

The way they always come, I’ve come to accept dings on hardcovers.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Has anyone recently noticed delays in having their IST orders processed?

My order from 05/21/2018 was processed on 05/29/2018.

My order from 05/29/2018 was picked & scanned but still hasn't been processed!!!

I put in another order yesterday 06/06/2018 (sill not picked & scanned).

I might have to shoot them an email.
    Yeah it happened to me too the last few weeks. I asked customer service what was going on and they told me all was normal for international orders as they wait to ship them in batch (I already knew that part, not sure they understood my question correctly). But I've been buying from them for 4 years now and noticed the change on my last few orders. In the end, one of my last orders took 10 days before it was finally "processed" (7 days after all the items were picked & scanned). It looks like they show as "processed" only when they ship now (whereas before my orders were "processed" as soon as they were completely picked & scanned, even if they weren't shipped yet).

Mighty Member

I sent IST an email earlier this week as well. Aside from the recent prolonged shipping/processing, I've had issues with 3 of my last returns never being fulfilled until i emailed about them weeks later. They said they were putting a single person in charge of returns moving forward in hopes to streamline the process, but no comment about order woes. This week they did process and package my order in a timely manner however.

Quote Originally Posted by QComix View Post
    Yeah it happened to me too the last few weeks. I asked customer service what was going on and they told me all was normal for international orders as they wait to ship them in batch (I already knew that part, not sure they understood my question correctly). But I've been buying from them for 4 years now and noticed the change on my last few orders. In the end, one of my last orders took 10 days before it was finally "processed" (7 days after all the items were picked & scanned). It looks like they show as "processed" only when they ship now (whereas before my orders were "processed" as soon as they were completely picked & scanned, even if they weren't shipped yet).
    I've also been with them several years and only on the last few orders has this delay happened. I think in the past, processed meant shipped as I remember items being picked and scanned but not yet "shipped" but who knows how it was really. I've had orders arrive within 14 days of placing the order, and others taking over 40 days. No pattern at all. Thanks anyway for the info.

so here is a fun story and a warning to UK members. We all know that MyHermes is just a wee bit above Yodel but both of them are lingering around the bottom of the bottomless pit regarding their quality of service.
    But up until now I had no problems with my local driver. Sadly I got a new one and it seems like he is kind of a buffoon.
    I've booked two packages to be picked up from my address and waited the whole day but nobody came to take them.
    Rebooked them, waited again....nothing.
    I've triple checked it and everything was fine on my end, the guy just simply couldn't be bothered to come. No worries mate, it's not like I have £200 on hold on paypal until the packages got delivered... -_-

So now I had to contact Myhermes, demand a refund and find another delivery company that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    Turns out DPD cost basically the same through parcel2go and they came at half 9 in the morning for the pick up. I have way more confidence in DPD I just wish I didn't waste my time with Hermes. (also messaging to the buyers apologising)

Extraordinary Member

Still waiting on a Wordery refund for two missing books.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    so here is a fun story and a warning to UK members. We all know that MyHermes is just a wee bit above Yodel but both of them are lingering around the bottom of the bottomless pit regarding their quality of service.
    But up until now I had no problems with my local driver. Sadly I got a new one and it seems like he is kind of a buffoon.
    I've booked two packages to be picked up from my address and waited the whole day but nobody came to take them.
    Rebooked them, waited again....nothing.
    I've triple checked it and everything was fine on my end, the guy just simply couldn't be bothered to come. No worries mate, it's not like I have £200 on hold on paypal until the packages got delivered... -_-

So now I had to contact Myhermes, demand a refund and find another delivery company that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
    Turns out DPD cost basically the same through parcel2go and they came at half 9 in the morning for the pick up. I have way more confidence in DPD I just wish I didn't waste my time with Hermes. (also messaging to the buyers apologising)
    They are all crappy services. I cannot stand any of them. My local ones thank god are good and they come to my house last.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    They are all crappy services. I cannot stand any of them. My local ones thank god are good and they come to my house last.
    I'm yet to be disappointed by DPD. They seem way more professional and their tracking is very accurate and gives you the option to reschedule the delivery.

Hermes was fine to me up until now but last year I had to deal with an incompetent driver (I was sending a package that time) who couldn't find the delivery address twice and dropped off the package at some random door and then refused to pick up the phone when his employers wanted to contact him.

Has anybody ordered any Omnibuses from "Books Safari" or "Greenwich Books" from the amazon.co.uk marketplace? I'm just wondering what condition "new" books from them look like and how well they are packaged. I'd be grateful for any response.