Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1452

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Has anybody ordered any Omnibuses from "Books Safari" or "Greenwich Books" from the amazon.co.uk marketplace? I'm just wondering what condition "new" books from them look like and how well they are packaged. I'd be grateful for any response.
    I ordered a new copy of Hard Boiled from Greenwich Books late last year. I honestly can't remember now what the packaging was like but the book came shrink-wrapped and in perfect condition

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbagger77 View Post
    I ordered a new copy of Hard Boiled from Greenwich Books late last year. I honestly can't remember now what the packaging was like but the book came shrink-wrapped and in perfect condition
    Thanks Sandbagger for rhe reply.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGuy View Post
    I just received an order from Books etc. after talking about the prices on the Good Deals thread. The packaging was very good, with 12 box lenght reams of those large bubble wraps. It arrived 2 days after being shipped.
    Good to hear. I've got an order from them on the way too.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Astonishing Member

I received my first order from Cheapcomics.
    Great packaging and very good shipping with tracking.
    The books I received from this order was Spider-Man by Roger Stern and Avengers by Bendis Volume 2 Hardcover.
    Thumps up for sure.

Hopefully this doesn't sound like a rant (too much)..

However, my opinion on Booksetc.co.uk has changed a little. An expensive box set I ordered as a gift, hadn't shipped in over a week, so I asked for the tracking number. Only then do they tell me it wasn't available and cancelled my order.

Trying to get it somewhere else is now €40 more and will miss Christmas. On top of that, they sent my other box set to the wrong country and didn't realise until I asked for a tracking number they forget to give me. So they sent a replacement.

The original also arrived after saying it was going back to them and they gave me the wrong return label, with the wrong internal info page. So I have to repack, reprint and re-ship their return for them, which they insist on keeping them apprised of.

Being Christmas week and exams week, this has grated on my nerves a bit.
    ugh that sounds bad.
    My previous order came through with no issues but my current one, the Silver Surfer omnibus, got placed on Thursday and the status currently says "exported". What does that even mean?
    I can't even see a cancel option.

Last edited by JoeGuy; 10-22-2019 at 02:38 PM.

Exported is fine in my experience I wouldn't worry. They don't ship until the end of the last day they are allowed to in the 3-5 day window or whatever it is. In my experience the "shipped" notice you get after means they created the label. It doesn't actually get shipped for 1 more day.
    that sounds reassuring, thanks for the info

Exported is fine in my experience I wouldn't worry. They don't ship until the end of the last day they are allowed to in the 3-5 day window or whatever it is. In my experience the "shipped" notice you get after means they created the label. It doesn't actually get shipped for 1 more day.
    Second that. At the moment Booksetc., Bookdepository and Cheap comics is where I buy my stuff. And booksetc is often cheaper and faster than bookdepo. You can't beat Chris regarding to shipping and how fast it get's here (since it's in the Netherlands), but when you look at the price I don't mind waiting a couple of days. My Black Hammer LE from booksetc was shipped on the 12th and delivered on the 14th, but the other 3 items were shipped on the 11th and aren't here yet. So you can't say anything about it.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Just got my super sons omnibus from amazon that i ore ordered when it was £26. I use a different email so i didnt know it had been dispatched as the release date is the 24th. The package was left behind the bin outside while it was raining and i was not in.
    Luckily the packaging was good enough and book arrived without damage.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Just got my super sons omnibus from amazon that i ore ordered when it was £26. I use a different email so i didnt know it had been dispatched as the release date is the 24th. The package was left behind the bin outside while it was raining and i was not in.
    Luckily the packaging was good enough and book arrived without damage.
    That's good it came in good nick. They must have sent it out early as it has a 24 Dec release date on their site. I also had it preordered at £26. It should arrive at my brother's UK address.

Astonishing Member

I ordered a TPB from the first time from a third party seller on Amazon.
    Do these orders get more time to be delievered that just ordering from Amazon?
    In the product info it says that is going to be delievered from the start of the month to the end of the month.So with me just knowing it will be delievered in that window of time is surprising.
    They say that the third party seller may have a tracking number if i contact them but i don´t want to be sending e-mails to them because i bought the book on the amazon web site.

Not sure about Amazon specifically but the mail may be slower overall right now. I ordered a few books from IST like 2 1/2 weeks ago (free shipping) and I'm still waiting for it, and I'm in the US.

Astonishing Member

^^^^Yeah. At this time of the year the mail is indeed slower.
    But when ordering directly from Amazon they give like a two day's date that the order will be delivered.
    So it was surprising to me to see that through the third party seller the delivery date prediction is from the beginning of the month to the end of the month.
    If it gets delivered soon I don´t mind that prediction, but saying a book will be delivered in a month window of time seem a bit vague.