Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

So they apologised for not replying sooner, not having a book in stock. They used packing peanuts and you guys are still complaining. What's wrong with packing peanuts if it gets your books across undamaged? You guys are starting to sound like this regarding IST. I'm sure it can't be that bad all of a sudden

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    So they apologised for not replying sooner, not having a book in stock. They used packing peanuts and you guys are still complaining. What's wrong with packing peanuts if it gets your books across undamaged? You guys are starting to sound like this regarding IST. I'm sure it can't be that bad all of a sudden

In my case they did not apologize for a book not being in stock when it was ordered the day before release. They did not answer for 8 days, and the order was late for a gift for my daughter's birthday. After being told they were out of stock my order shipped an hour later...it appears it was more of a "oops we forgot to fill the order". The packing was not an issue, but quite a difference than any previous order (you could run their orders through a compactor and the books would have been safe in the past with their extra wrapping and formed armor packing). My complaint is the change in service and the lack of communication. When a company goes from A+ service to C at best it seems important, especially since I personally pointed others toward using them in the past. The books were also not wrapped for protection and in fact, one of them was missing the original shrink wrap...this to me as important and a critique/review for the service. If that makes me a muppet in a theater box, pass the popcorn.
    I have found though (via many other complaints web-wide) going through dcbs service will get answers faster and results.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

In my case I have tried to correspond with IST for over a month as to what the status of my order was. By chance I emailed someone at DCBS, a sister site, and received an apology and order shipment. That is the main problem I am having, not packing peanuts or out of stock books, just general communication with their consumer base to let them know what is going on with an order. I'm sure if you were in the same situation you would be just as upset.

Fantastic Member

Yeah I dont get it. Ive never, ever had a problem with DCBS or IST. I emailed dcbs twice in the last 8 days and they got back to me within a couple days each time to put more books on my pre-orders.

Of course I and everyone reading this thread sees the value in all the reviews regarding online retailers. I was trying to point out that not you or anyone else that has seen the service of IST change last month, but merely that IST has been praised into the heavens almost during the past years and that all of a sudden it seems like they can't do anything good anymore. I think that's a muppety situation and that was why I chose to post this video of Statler & Waldorf.

And yes I would be pretty annoyed if I didn't get a response from a company I'm doing business with... Then again "Where people work, mistakes are made". It's whether they address those mistakes properly and solve them. Hopefully IST takes notice and improve their customer contact service.

Ordered a copy of the 2008 Titanbooks hc edition of Watchmen, it was only 7 pounds including shipping. The seller was Tartan Frog through abebooks. The book came only in a nylon bag and it looks absolutely fine for the price but I bet it would look even better if they would've put it in a cardboard envelope instead of just a nylon bag, because the postman pushed it through the letter slot and I think that made some minor damage to the dust jacket (it's just lucky that I applicated a cardboard box right under the slot yesterday, so the book didn't fall on the floor).

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    It might depend on what you're ordering, but I've only had a delayed order from IST once (Toward the end of June)....Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol 1 was out of stock, so my order was delayed by 3 weeks. They ended up sending the rest of the order at that 3-week mark via FedEx, and sent the Invincible book a couple weeks later, if I recall correctly (via USPS).

Other than that, since May, I've purchased 5 orders from them, and that was the only abnormal delay I had.

I recently made another order a couple days ago......In that order, I included Invincible Ultimate Collection Vol 2. All the books have been picked up & scanned except for the Invincible book, which is likely out of stock. I'm assuming I'll have a similar delay like I had in late June.

I don't really care about the delays. With their prices, and generally good service, I'm content. It could be slightly annoying if an order is delayed, but I'm not going to die or anything. Delayed orders are always a possibility with internet/mail orders......I've been buying from IST for a couple years, and will continue to do so.

I received notification from IST that the order was sent out today......So, I didn't get the abnormal delay I got last time.

Like usual, I'm more than satisfied with their service.

Fantastic Member

Got my order from the Top Shelf sale today. It had Alec, which was really big and heavy, plus a few other books. Packaging was really, really good. Basically just like a heavy paper keeping everything solidly packed in place but it is super effective. Ordered it on the 8th and got it today.

On the other hand, my copy of Copra Round One from Bergen Street Press seems to be bound from Pennsylvania to Cincinnati and then back. Was supposed to get it today at the latest. Hope it comes tomorrow, been waiting so long for this.

BANNED

I have been getting trades from IST for a few years now and have had only one problem. Last month with their move it took a few weeks to get the books.
    Today I got this e-mail from them that reads:

InStockTrades has moved to Memphis, TN!

Thank you for being so patient and understanding during our move. As a thank you we will be running some extra sales. The first one will double our Deals of the Week from 5 regular books and 1 kids book to 10 regular books and 2 kids books. The sale lasts from the time the site refreshes on Tuesday evening, September 23rd until the site refreshes next week on Tuesday evening, September 30th. Here are the sale books:

Title
    Regular price
    Discount
    IST price
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EPIC COLLECTION TP GREAT POWER $34.99 50% $17.49
    BATMAN GORDON OF GOTHAM TP $19.99 50% $9.99
    FATALE TP VOL 05 CURSE THE DEMON (MR) $14.99 50% $7.49
    FLASH OMNIBUS HC VOL 01 $99.99 50% $49.99
    FOREVER EVIL ROGUES REBELLION TP (N52) $16.99 50% $8.49
    GUARDIANS OF GALAXY TP VOL 02 ANGELA $19.99 50% $9.99
    HARLEY QUINN VENGEANCE UNLIMITED TP $19.99 50% $9.99
    MMW MIGHTY THOR TP VOL 05 $24.99 50% $12.49
    MMW MIGHTY THOR TP VOL 05 DM VAR ED 69 $24.99 50% $12.49
    REVIVAL TP VOL 04 ESCAPE TO WISCONSIN $16.99 50% $8.49
    MARVEL UNIVERSE ULT SPIDER-MAN DIGEST TP VOL 07 $9.99 50% $4.99
    SNOOPYS THANKSGIVING HC $9.99 50% $4.99
    More sales to come!!

I've got a question about filing a claim with Amazon.

I placed an order for a book listed as new, and it arrived Tuesday. Only it's the wrong volume and has tears on the cover and spine. I emailed the seller asking for a refund or the correct book, and got a response within half an hour that they would fix the problem. I emailed today and asked them if they would notify when they sent the replacement or refund and haven't heard anything back. I realize it hasn't even been 24 hours since my last email, but they responded so quickly to the first that I'm worried they were hoping that after I got that email I'd just forget about it. So, my question is, how long do I wait for them to respond before I file a claim with Amazon?

Got my Miller Daredevil omnibus from Barnes & Noble today. It's just in one of those wrap-around cardboard envelopes, but not damaged at all.

Also, that Marketplace seller emailed me shortly after I made that last post and said "yes it will ship this week". I guess that's his letting me know?

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

My best experiences in thinning the collection have been eBay. Though thanks to an older thread I don't feel like finding again, I'm going to use mycomicshop.com to off-load some things that are more difficult to sell.

I always buy my books at cheap-comics.com.
    They have a nice selection, though not great. The prices are much lower than in the stores, but where they really shine is customer service.
    Packaging is top notch, shipping always on time. The first time I placed an order, they even sent me a post card and a comics magazine with the books.

One time I accidentally forgot to pay the shipping costs. He shipped them anyway and mailed with his observation that I owed him 5 euro's, which I payed the next day.

When I ordered a couple of omnibusses, he accidentally sent a wrong one. Atlantis Attacks in stead of Squadron Supreme. I got the Squadron Omnibus in my next order and he offered me to buy the Atlantis Attacks Omnibus for a heavy discount, to limit shipping costs. Excellent solution.

I just read a comment online that the South African Post Office may be dumping packages that are piling up while the strike is on. Worse: news reports say there's no end [to the strike] in sight. We're now in our 8th week! This is absolutely ridiculous!! I have no reason to believe the person who made that comment, but that statement really ruined my day. I have two IST packages in the pipeline and have to just frustratingly wait it out to know the outcome. Grrrr.

Oh well, everyone's got their problems, right? It could be a lot worse (like losing my entire collection).
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    I just read a comment online that the South African Post Office may be dumping packages that are piling up while the strike is on. Worse: news reports say there's no end [to the strike] in sight. We're now in our 8th week! This is absolutely ridiculous!! I have no reason to believe the person who made that comment, but that statement really ruined my day. I have two IST packages in the pipeline and have to just frustratingly wait it out to know the outcome. Grrrr.

Oh well, everyone's got their problems, right? It could be a lot worse (like losing my entire collection).
    Well, those packages worth like $100-150 each right? I would say, if they are dumping those, you have every rright to complain (if it would happen to me I would explode with rage)