Page 12 of 97 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Did anyone else have an issue with their pre-order of Before the Incal from amazon? I've been waiting for mine to ship for like a week now and finally decided to contact customer service. They said they have not recieved any stock and have no estimate of when they will have new stock for that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Well, those packages worth like $100-150 each right? I would say, if they are dumping those, you have every right to complain (if it would happen to me I would explode with rage)
    Yeeesh. Don't remind me how much they're worth. The thing is, I was always taking a chance using IST's lowest shipping option, because it's not insured. Of course I can't pay for the most expensive option because that would negate much of the savings of buying overseas (about 30% compared to local). But I think there's a 90% I'll get the boxes eventually. According to official news articles, the packages are "piling up", so that's reassuring.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

So I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Chapters recently had a brief window where they offered free shipping with no minimum ($25). I took advantage and bought a $20 book. The book came today and it's got some nasty crinkling on a few pages. They don't offer exchanges so my only option is to go to the store and get a refund and buy the book again. But then I'd have to pay for shipping unless I bought something extra, which I'm not really in the financial position to do right now.

What should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    So I'm in a bit of a pickle.

Chapters recently had a brief window where they offered free shipping with no minimum ($25). I took advantage and bought a $20 book. The book came today and it's got some nasty crinkling on a few pages. They don't offer exchanges so my only option is to go to the store and get a refund and buy the book again. But then I'd have to pay for shipping unless I bought something extra, which I'm not really in the financial position to do right now.

What should I do?
    Depends on the book. If it's something that you really love and want to take care of then exchange. If it's just a trade for reading and shelving forever then keep the discount.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucked View Post
    Depends on the book. If it's something that you really love and want to take care of then exchange. If it's just a trade for reading and shelving forever then keep the discount.
    The shipping plus the cost of getting to the store to exchange it would bring the total up to $30. Definitely not worth exchanging. It's just a few pages, I figure I'll live.

It does disappoint me though. If this was from Amazon I'd have a replacement on the way. If this was from Book Depository I'd be looking at a partial refund. Chapters definitely drops a point in my book.

So I want to get my friend an omnibus as a birthday present. I want something modern and self contained. I was thinking the zombie one or Deadpool. Or should I take a chance on amazon shipping with annihilation?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Or just a bigger sized hardcover. Not sure what he likes besides X-Men so I'll need your guys help.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Modern? Self-contained? X-Men?

New X-Men is the obvious choice.

^^yes

New X-men is one of the best omnis out there.
    Last edited by Canucked; 10-07-2014 at 08:07 PM.
    The Wicked + The Divine. TMNT. Uncanny Avengers. Midnighter. IXth Generation. Daredevil. Morning Glories. Street Fighter. Fables. Uncanny X-Men. Bloodshot. Invincible. Ninjak. Mockingbird.

Lol wtf I totally meant to just read this thread and post in the marvel one. But thanks guys I think I'll go with new X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Lol wtf I totally meant to just read this thread and post in the marvel one. But thanks guys I think I'll go with new X-Men.
    If you want soemthign a bit cheaper and not neccessarily superheroes, but generally good (should I say AWESOME) comics that anybody could like: Sleeper omnibus, Planetary omnibus, Daytripper deluxe edition, Criminal deluxes, Fear agent library editions (I think the 2 volumes would cost you the same amount, or less as the New X-men omnibus).
    All of these are self contained, critically aclaimed, not too expensive and kick-ass comics and their build quality is really good too.
    The Zomnibus has a lot of bad reviews, I can understand the appeal but I heard good things only about the first mini. Can't say anything about Deadpool as I dislike the character.

God, I wish I had read this thread before ordering from IST a week and a half ago. Two books, one got picked and scanned within a day, the other? Ha. Still waiting. No such luck on an e-mail response either.

What a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    God, I wish I had read this thread before ordering from IST a week and a half ago. Two books, one got picked and scanned within a day, the other? Ha. Still waiting. No such luck on an e-mail response either.

What a nightmare.
    I had a similar order: all books picked and scanned except one. IST sent me an email after 2 weeks asking me if I want to replace the book or if I want a refund. I'm sure they'll do the same for you.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post

What a nightmare.
    They have went from A+ to C- at best. It is unfortunate.
    I feel they may also only be in office on Tuesday and Wednesday. Those are the only day I have ever seen a response back from anyone. Contact DCBS instead, they are the same company but DCBS will get back to you sooner and miraculously your order may ship moments after they contact you back. I honestly received a response 23 days after an order I had placed about a question regarding that order (which took 21 days to received). This was from the second email. I received a response on a Wednesday, before that my last response was the Wednesday the week before.
    Due to popular demand one of the books (The Legend of Korra art Book) I ordered (which I had received 2 days prior) was on backorder at the publisher and they were waiting for a restock, but rest assured, my order would ship as soon as they got them in. They mentioned they "just contacted the publisher". They were confident they would receive copies in 3-5 business days because they relocated closer to the distribution center. Again, I had already finally, received my books. It was one thing for the delay, a total different thing to be pandered to and the straight up dishonest correspondence. I won't buy from them again. They were amazing up to about 6 months back though!

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    So I want to get my friend an omnibus as a birthday present. I want something modern and self contained. I was thinking the zombie one or Deadpool. Or should I take a chance on amazon shipping with annihilation?
    I cannot give my vote strongly enough for the Planetary Omnibus before it goes OOP!

Ha, I e-mailed DCBS and not fifteen minutes later I got e-mail about a package being sent. Thanks for the heads up, Daymare.