Page 13 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Ha, I e-mailed DCBS and not fifteen minutes later I got e-mail about a package being sent. Thanks for the heads up, Daymare.
    You are welcome

It is not all bad from IST. I placed an order on the 7th and it shipped on the 8th.

It seems Amazon.com has stopped preorders for any european country for (yet) unknown reasons. Reports from Netherlands, France, UK, Switzerland. This could be a bad day for european collectors.

Edit: Someone in Brazil just got this answer, might be only a technical problem...(copied from another thread)

"Same here, Brazil. Got this from their help chat:

NO, We haven't stop international shipping..
    Due to technical problem with the website there is an error during place the order.
    Our technical team is working to fix the error.
    I apologize for the inconvenience."
    Last edited by Spirou; 10-11-2014 at 05:51 AM.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    It seems Amazon.com has stopped preorders for any european country for (yet) unknown reasons. Reports from Netherlands, France, Switzerland. This could be a bad day for european collectors.
    Fortunately that's not the case. Mad Hatter asked them and they replied (quote from the Marvel Colelcted Editions thread):

NO, We haven't stop international shipping..
    Due to technical problem with the website there is an error during place the order.
    Our technical team is working to fix the error.
    I apologize for the inconvenience.

Anybody have any experience with getting a refund from Amazon's Marketplace? Here's what happened.

About a month ago I ordered what was supposed to be a brand new copy of the third volume of Byrne's Fantastic Four Visionaries, and instead received a damaged (ripped cover and spine) copy for the first volume. E-mailed them multiple times about a replacement and despite always getting a response within a few minutes it was always "let me check on that right away" with no follow-up. They lead me to believe a replacement had shipped two weeks ago (the first copy got here in a week), and when I asked about it last Saturday got the same "let me check" nothingness. I contacted Amazon Tuesday, who in turn contacted them at which point they said they were just going to give me a refund. Amazon said that might take 48 hours, but as of Friday there was nothing. I contacted Amazon again, and explained I didn't want to deal with contacting the seller because of the worthless responses. They understood and contacted them again basically saying "give him his money now and email him to let him know you have".

I ended up finding the book in question on eBay and bought it there. It was a little more, but I just wanted the dang book. Today I get an email from the seller saying if it's ok, they'll ship the book this week and refund me the $4 shipping plus $5. I responded that wasn't going to cut it, because I'd bought the book elsewhere since they'd already said they would refund the money and apparently lied about shipping it the first time. I'm worried Amazon will allow them to just send a replacement (that I have no use for), despite them lying about shipping it earlier and already saying they would refund the money.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Anybody have any experience with getting a refund from Amazon's Marketplace? Here's what happened.

About a month ago I ordered what was supposed to be a brand new copy of the third volume of Byrne's Fantastic Four Visionaries, and instead received a damaged (ripped cover and spine) copy for the first volume. E-mailed them multiple times about a replacement and despite always getting a response within a few minutes it was always "let me check on that right away" with no follow-up. They lead me to believe a replacement had shipped two weeks ago (the first copy got here in a week), and when I asked about it last Saturday got the same "let me check" nothingness. I contacted Amazon Tuesday, who in turn contacted them at which point they said they were just going to give me a refund. Amazon said that might take 48 hours, but as of Friday there was nothing. I contacted Amazon again, and explained I didn't want to deal with contacting the seller because of the worthless responses. They understood and contacted them again basically saying "give him his money now and email him to let him know you have".

I ended up finding the book in question on eBay and bought it there. It was a little more, but I just wanted the dang book. Today I get an email from the seller saying if it's ok, they'll ship the book this week and refund me the $4 shipping plus $5. I responded that wasn't going to cut it, because I'd bought the book elsewhere since they'd already said they would refund the money and apparently lied about shipping it the first time. I'm worried Amazon will allow them to just send a replacement (that I have no use for), despite them lying about shipping it earlier and already saying they would refund the money.
    email amazon about this, and explain that they promised a refund so you bought the book elsewhere, you are entitled to your refund.

Amazon told them to give me a refund Friday. You won't believe this but they just sent me TWO emails in the time I was typing that up. The first asked if I'd sent the back the wrong book. I haven't because they never said to until now. Then not five minutes later, I get an email begging me not to leave a bad review and that I can keep the wrong book. This is just so bizarre. The seller has nearly a thousand reviews over the past year and is 4.9 overall, but the way they've handled this is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    Amazon told them to give me a refund Friday. You won't believe this but they just sent me TWO emails in the time I was typing that up. The first asked if I'd sent the back the wrong book. I haven't because they never said to until now. Then not five minutes later, I get an email begging me not to leave a bad review and that I can keep the wrong book. This is just so bizarre. The seller has nearly a thousand reviews over the past year and is 4.9 overall, but the way they've handled this is awful.
    yeah I had similar experience with a prominent seller who refused to give me combined shipping on ebay. Had an unpleasant back and forth, then ebay forced them to pay me back.
    Had an other case on amazon but the seller was a bit rude too, still I got my money back because of amazon's intervention. Haven't left a bad review, bad enough for them to loose money and I got my refund at the end of the day.

BANNED

Never ever use Swati21 either their online store or their Amazon marketplace. I ordered the Man of Tomorrow Archives Vol 3, and it arrived with damaged corners. I sent them an email saying I wanted to return this, as is my prerogative and to send me a shipping label. They offered me a 10% refund or to ship it back at my expense for another copy, which would probably be just as damaged. So I ended up having to AtoZ them, and since they were in the wrong I got a refund. Still a pain though.

This seller was AC Collectibles. I got my money an hour or so ago.

My long-awaited package from IST came today! Soo satisfied. For those who remember, I was getting anxious because South Africa is (still) undergoing a post office strike and this parcel was weeks overdue. But at least the mail's coming in (albeit slowly). IST didn't use peanuts (just the padding) but the books came in fine.

I'm very impressed with the two Marvel hardcovers. I mean, I own other HC's like Y - The Last Man and DMZ, but these are my first oversized superhero hardcovers, and they're *amazing* to look at. Maybe their more colourful and electric, action-oriented artwork benefits over the somberness of the Vertigo lines, not sure. Not to mention these Marvel hardcovers open up like a breeze.

There's some warping on the Civil War dustjacket and minor dents on the Dark Avengers book, but I'll live with it.

unnamed.jpg
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

So I just went to a postal annex that is right next to my work that I've been going to for years now. I know they overcharged but Holy crap today was just a different level. They tried to charge me 30 dollars for a large flat rate box and my total came out to be $85. Safe to say I'll just stick to usps or ups directly.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Spectacular Member

I know I've previously raved on about My Comic Shop in the past, but have also mentioned a couple problems (damage from packing problems, sticker residue in books). Received an order of Iron Man: Enemy Within Epic, Iron Man: War Games Epic, FF: All in the Family Epic and Iron Man by Busiek Omni. All the Epics had some form of damage, even though the packaging was top notch. Creased covers, bent corners, and War Games had the sticker residue in the top right-hand corner of page 1 that I've mentioned before (as if a sticker has been removed before shipping). I'm just getting very tired of paying for NM items and receiving things with sticker residue, which IMO can be completely avoided. It's the third strike for that problem, so I think I'll stick with IST.

On the other hand, I have previously sworn off buying bulky items from Amazon, but ended up placing an order for West Coast Avengers Omni Vol. 1, Daredevil: Fall From Grace Epic, FF: Into the Timestream Epic and Spider-Man 2099 Vol. 1. All but Daredevil were sent together. The three sent together arrived in a box and were in great condition. I was nervous when I saw Daredevil had been shipped halfway around the world in nothing but the yellow padded envelope, but that was flawless as well. Very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    I'm very impressed with the two Marvel hardcovers. I mean, I own other HC's like Y - The Last Man and DMZ, but these are my first oversized superhero hardcovers, and they're *amazing* to look at. Maybe their more colourful and electric, action-oriented artwork benefits over the somberness of the Vertigo lines, not sure. Not to mention these Marvel hardcovers open up like a breeze.
    yeah these "older" ohc-s are really good quality. I had all 3 Mighty Avengers (post CW) and Siege, but sold all of them. They are gorgeous but I didn't feel the content had much rereadability (I bought some Morrison deluxes from their price and I know I'm gonna reread them as frequently as I can, even if the build quality is not as good as the Marvel books').

I had an odd experience yesterday: I got my copy of X-Men: The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix TPB from Amazon, and the box was ginormous. Like, they clearly used one size too big. Tons of paper inside to prevent it from moving. I mean, there was no damage or any problems, but I found it odd that they used such a massive box for one normal-sized (if a bit thick) TPB.