Page 14 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

I'd like to add to my previous post that my box from IST was one book short. The box was unopened so my only guess is that it was unpacked by IST. I informed them of this via e-mail (the missing book was OMAC PROJECT TP - about $8). IST replied that I just need to inform them before my next order ships and they'll add it in for me. Great service.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    I had an odd experience yesterday: I got my copy of X-Men: The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix TPB from Amazon, and the box was ginormous. Like, they clearly used one size too big. Tons of paper inside to prevent it from moving. I mean, there was no damage or any problems, but I found it odd that they used such a massive box for one normal-sized (if a bit thick) TPB.
    This happens to me all the time. I got a book the other day that was probably about half a centimetre too tall to go in the standard book-box so it came in one about 6 times its depth and a ton of paper in there with it.

Amazing Member

My latest order from amazon.com
    (I cut the sag to take the pictures)

The content was :

- Wasteland Apocalyptic edition 2
    - Wasteland Apocalyptic edition 3
    - In the Dark , a Horror Antology
    - TMNT The works Volume 1
    - TMNT The works Volume 3
    - RASL

And all the books are damaged , I'll post some pictures from the books.

I contacted amazon.com support and they will refund me the whole order (and no need to return the items) .Maybe I should be happy but I'm not....I'd rather have received the items in perfect condition

Amazing Member

Some pictures :

Amazing Member

some more :

Unbelievable! How much these books worth? $200? And they just threw it in a box and now happy to refund. The mind boggles!

I have stopped ordering from amazon.com for that reason almost a year ago. I see that their packaging service is not improving one bit.

Good lord. I'm one of the most lenient folks here when it comes to damaged books, but even I'm taken aback by those pictures. Third picture in the first post looks like a fifty year old library book.

Fantastic Member

boy, it hurts just to look at these photos...

Fantastic Member

I gave upon Amazon a while back. Even on the occasions where they have a bigger discount I still go with CGN or IST. I've never had a damaged book from either. It baffles me that Amazon can't figure out that investing a little more in packaging would save in refunds. I guess they are just to big to care.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Unbelievable! How much these books worth? $200? And they just threw it in a box and now happy to refund. The mind boggles!
    yes, $206 to be precise , and it's really a shame . I've been looking forward to receive these books for over a month

Ouch that looks absolutely terrible. Luckily amazon.de is not that bad, although I have to say I'm returning more and more books to them lately as well. Sometimes the packaging is excellent (1 book in a wraparound cardboard envelope) and at other times awful, especially when shipped in a box where the box is the same size as the book.

image.jpg

Woot! [10 chars]
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Praiseworthy Analyst Emerald_616's Avatar

Question for the thread: Mycomicshop.com told me collection of trades, HCs, and single issues that I want to part with was too small (95 pieces) to buy from me. Any suggestions on what to do short of putting it up as a single lot on eBay? I sold most of the OHCs and made a pretty penny already.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald_616 View Post
    Question for the thread: Mycomicshop.com told me collection of trades, HCs, and single issues that I want to part with was too small (95 pieces) to buy from me. Any suggestions on what to do short of putting it up as a single lot on eBay? I sold most of the OHCs and made a pretty penny already.
    Try Amazon? I've always done pretty well there.