Page 16 of 97 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    Amazon wanted me to rate a recent order from them,and I gave them a failing grade.The book was placed in too big of a box for one book.Balled up brown paper wrap was used on top of book,nothing on bottom.The book layed flat against bottom.I told them how important packaging was,and how packaging is discussed on forums.
    Sadly, they don't really care.

Fantastic Member

B&N shipped my three omni by UPS Express again (first time it was with Hellboy LE), so the package should arrive in a few days as opposed to the usual month - month and a half. and i hope the shorter transportation period means less damage.
    i wonder when exactly they choose to go with UPS. it could be because of the weight (16.5 lbs). then again, Hellboy LE was just about 5 lbs and my previous package was heavier than that but still shipped via standard Brokers World Wide/IPA. i wish i could figure that out for sure to take sweet advantage of relatively cheap (~$24) express delivery...

Fantastic Member

A other amazon.com issue. I ordered a bunch of stuff at the same time. Some things for book binding (gonna make hardcovers out of my single issues), a space heater, one of those metal roasting things so I can cook a turkey for the first time on my own, and also Rip Kirby Vol. 1 by Alex Raymond. Well, amazon decided to put ALL of that stuff in the same damn box, with the $50 retail priced book (the most expensive single item in the order) at the bottom, unprotected.
    1416679877791.jpg
    1416679927046.jpg

It's hard to tell the full extent from these pictures, but the dust jacket is dinged up and more importantly the binding clearly took a bunch of hits because it is very noticeably loose and the pages are coming away from the actual hardcover itself. Will be contacting customer service later today for a discount.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    I have ordered from my comic shop . Grading is very fair and prices and shipping decent packaging is super . Also have ordered from mile high package great and shipping reasonable but product was not what I expected . Also have ordered from Doug's Comic world but prices little high and grading so so . My favorite place to go would be my comic shop . Nice web site. Also have ordered on e-bay but its been hit and miss so cancelled my account when shipping and export cost went way up .
    Just received a order from Min Town comics product was great shipping cost a little pricey but packaged very well . They grade product very well . I ordered a vg just to see and it was decent . Will buy again .

Fantastic Member

i have just received the package with Deadpool & Cable omnibus from Amazon DE and it is a total wreck. it probably caught very bad weather, or someone took a shower with it, because the box is all wet and torn and the once beautiful book itself is wet and swollen. it hurts just to look at it, i've never ever seen a package damaged so badly... wrote to the Amazon CS, hope they will send a replacement...

Edit: yep, they issued a replacement immediately and advised donating the damaged book or disposing of it if it's unusable. it sure isn't in a donatable condition, but throwing it away? i can't bring myself to do it... i'll let it dry completely and then decide, i guess.
    Last edited by zaboraviti; 11-25-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i have just received the package with Deadpool & Cable omnibus from Amazon DE and it is a total wreck. it probably caught very bad weather, or someone took a shower with it, because the box is all wet and torn and the once beautiful book itself is wet and swollen. it hurts just to look at it, i've never ever seen a package damaged so badly... wrote to the Amazon CS, hope they will send a replacement...

Edit: yep, they issued a replacement immediately and advised donating the damaged book or disposing of it if it's unusable. it sure isn't in a donatable condition, but throwing it away? i can't bring myself to do it... i'll let it dry completely and then decide, i guess.
    Maybe google info on possible restoration. How to dry it and such.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Maybe google info on possible restoration. How to dry it and such.
    yeah, thanks, i didn't think to google that for some reason, stupid stupid

All-New Member

Just received Zenith Phase One from Amazon, but this book is peeled away from the spine? not supposed to be like this right?

IMG_1231.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by stoofz View Post
    Just received Zenith Phase One from Amazon, but this book is peeled away from the spine? not supposed to be like this right?

IMG_1231.jpg
    There is nothing wrong with your copy. That is how all books should be.

Received a book, The Wake, from Amazon US today in quite unusual packaging. A solid cardboard box that you ripped open, not unlike the envelopes they send single books in. It was big enough for an Omnibus at least, my book was in there with a rubber band holding it to a piece of cardboard.

I'm guessing a new way of packaging? Book and box were undamaged.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Received a book, The Wake, from Amazon US today in quite unusual packaging. A solid cardboard box that you ripped open, not unlike the envelopes they send single books in. It was big enough for an Omnibus at least, my book was in there with a rubber band holding it to a piece of cardboard.

Hmm, any chance you can take a picture of it? I'm curious. It sounds similar to how I've received single book orders and similar sized items, but nothing as large as an Omnibus would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post

I recieved an action figure from them in similar packaging, but that weighs way less than a book.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Hmm, any chance you can take a picture of it? I'm curious. It sounds similar to how I've received single book orders and similar sized items, but nothing as large as an Omnibus would fit.
    Nope its recycling now, but it was definitely big enough for an omnibus. Was quite sturdy too.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    B&N shipped my three omni by UPS Express again (first time it was with Hellboy LE), so the package should arrive in a few days as opposed to the usual month - month and a half. and i hope the shorter transportation period means less damage.
    i wonder when exactly they choose to go with UPS. it could be because of the weight (16.5 lbs). then again, Hellboy LE was just about 5 lbs and my previous package was heavier than that but still shipped via standard Brokers World Wide/IPA. i wish i could figure that out for sure to take sweet advantage of relatively cheap (~$24) express delivery...
    sooo. a UPS messenger dropped by today with the package. one side of the box was almost dangling free, yet, surprisingly, all three omni were completely unscathed. i dread to think what condition they would've arrived in, had they been shipped not by UPS Express...

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    There is nothing wrong with your copy. That is how all books should be.
    I don't know about that. It looks like there's no glue actually affixing it to the spine - it's just glued in via the end papers, which aren't necessarily supposed to support the weight of the page block.

Am I crazy or not seeing the right thing?
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!