Page 22 of 97 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Has anyone placed an order on an out of stock item on amazon.de and received it before?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Has anyone placed an order on an out of stock item on amazon.de and received it before?
    Do you still think you gonna get AoA Omnibus?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Do you still think you gonna get AoA Omnibus?
    I'm hopeful but the longer time goes by the less faith I have in it.

If they were never going to get them back in stock, I don't get why amazon.de would let you place the order. That's the part that gets me.

If they were never going to get them back in stock, I don't get why amazon.de would let you place the order. That's the part that gets me.
    I had this problem with an Onslaught book I bought. I ordered it (as it said it had more on the way), and it never shipped. Never shipped. And never shipped.
    So, I cancelled the order, and I ordered it from a third party seller through amazon, and got the book in, like, 2 days.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

It has happened with me and US Amazon few months ago. I found Infinite Crysis for 120 $ when it was OOP already and price was - and still is - around 400. It was available thru Amazon, not marketplace seller and people here had warned me I shouldn't keep my hopes high. And I didn't, it's been sitting as a pre-order for some time and was cancelled at some point. End for story. Don't know why that happened.

Keeping your hopes here is very naive, book is OOP, there hasn't been any reprint, it's just not gonna happen. I wish you best, but it's just some glitch or whatever with Amazon, it's just simple impossible to get that book for 'normal' price. Of course you can fish it on eBay, when seller doesn't know what they're selling, or some other place, but just be realistic here: it's 200 £ on UK Amazon, why somebody would like to sell it for less money?

All-New Member

Brought my Deadpool omni to the local Barnes and Nobles near my work. They were able to do a return and then order me a copy at the same price to see if they could get one to the store in better shape. I assume shipping to the store is not done in single, loose boxes with no padding. Though given my experience with B&N, I shouldn't assume anything.

Other order of 3 Epic Collections lost in NV according to tracking. Requested a replacement, asked for expedited shipping. Received email with standard shipping. Back to customer service...

This company is the worst.

Quick question: is there a definitive source for info on whether a book is still in print or out of print? I've always relied on Amazon availability as being the key indicator, but the stories above show this not to always be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Taral-DLOS View Post
    Quick question: is there a definitive source for info on whether a book is still in print or out of print? I've always relied on Amazon availability as being the key indicator, but the stories above show this not to always be the case.
    You can check other threads for Marvel, DC etc. collections, on first pages you'd find list of books which are OOP, being near OOP and still available. It's not 100% accurate, you should do some research by yourself but pretty helpful. And you can always ask here.

If the book is not available thru Amazon and you see high prices on marketplace - more than 50-60£ - it's a good indicator that book is OOP.

Fantastic Member

has any of you ever placed an order with amazon.com marketplace seller TOTAL BOOKS? if so, how was their packaging?
    thinking about ordering an omnibus from them.

Holy crap just got a call back from usps. The post office worker said he delivered it to the wrong door so he'll fix that today! So excited for 36 pounds of comic books if all goes well!
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    has any of you ever placed an order with amazon.com marketplace seller TOTAL BOOKS? if so, how was their packaging?
    thinking about ordering an omnibus from them.
    Unfortunately I can't speak to how well they would package something the size of an omni. However I've purchased a couple of smaller trades from them, and they were shipped in standard padded/bubble envelopes and they arrived undamaged.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Holy crap just got a call back from usps. The post office worker said he delivered it to the wrong door so he'll fix that today! So excited for 36 pounds of comic books if all goes well!
    Ha, let's hope the person who received it is cooperative.

Lol for 3 omnibi, 1 absolute and 4 hardcovers I will fight them.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    Yay!
    Let us know if you receive them.
    Also: we would all like pics of what you received.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

No problem will do right when I open them up.