Page 23 of 97 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373 ... LastLast

Well, I got a piece of my BN order and it went like this.

They cant even tape right..

Side of the box..

Inside of the box..

Good thing it was an Absolute and came with the white mailer otherwise it would've been disastrous.

So I stacked all my cardboard boxes I've accumulated recently. The IST boxes are like cardboard tanks. It's really quite amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    So I stacked all my cardboard boxes I've accumulated recently. The IST boxes are like cardboard tanks. It's really quite amazing.
    They're great for reshipping things. Do you know where we can but boxes like that?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

All-New Member

I had three B&N books shipped on the 2nd, tracking stopped on the 3rd, so talked to customer service and they sent replacements out today express delivery. Went and checked the tracking on the first order and lo and behold they showed up again, now on my coast and apparently still on their way. At least now I will have two copies to choose the best copies of before I do a return and get then books for free.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    I recently cut up all the boxes that I had been needlessly hoarding and put them out to the recycling; it took me about 20 minutes. Before that there was a box-fort in my basement about ten feet high (the sad thing is I don't even have kids, it was for me).
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 12-10-2014 at 11:07 PM.

Fantastic Member

I got the Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream book from IST today. It was shipped artist edition style. It was in a box that was the size of the book, I side another box that was slightly bigger with extra cardboard protection of the sides, which was inside of a bigger box filled with packing peanuts. Couldn't ask for better shipping than that. However, the book is experiencing some SERIOUS bowing of the front cover and the pages. This book is a thing of beauty and this is seriously distressing me. I was going to post pics of the book to the General Discussion thread, but now im thinking maybe I should post pics here and get your opinions on what I should do about this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    They're great for reshipping things. Do you know where we can but boxes like that?
    Nope. I can't remember the last time I've needed a cardboard box. I usually just use one I have laying around. Maybe ask IST if your curious?

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I recently cut up all the boxes that I had been needlessly hoarding and put them out to the recycling; it took me about 20 minutes. Before that there was a box-fort in my basement about ten feet high (the sad thing is I don't even have kids, it was for me).
    I wish we had convenient recycling in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    I got the Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream book from IST today. It was shipped artist edition style. It was in a box that was the size of the book, I side another box that was slightly bigger with extra cardboard protection of the sides, which was inside of a bigger box filled with packing peanuts. Couldn't ask for better shipping than that. However, the book is experiencing some SERIOUS bowing of the front cover and the pages. This book is a thing of beauty and this is seriously distressing me. I was going to post pics of the book to the General Discussion thread, but now im thinking maybe I should post pics here and get your opinions on what I should do about this problem.
    For sure, post in the General Collection thread. Hopefully, someone who already owns the book can give you feedback on if the book has a tendency to do that. It's up to you if you want to double post in this thread as well. If you think the packaging might be a factor.

Pulp Purveyor & Noir Nut FiveGhosts's Avatar

I returned the damaged TPBs I mentioned a few pages ago to B&N, but they have decided to refund me rather than send new copies. I just ordered them from InStockTrades, so here's hoping they arrive before Christmas.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FiveGhosts View Post
    I returned the damaged TPBs I mentioned a few pages ago to B&N, but they have decided to refund me rather than send new copies. I just ordered them from InStockTrades, so here's hoping they arrive before Christmas.
    Did you talk to CS or ask for replacements? Did they let you keep the damaged copies? Was this your first return with them this year?

Incredible Member

All my packages came in safe and sound from B&N including thank goodness, even my Punisher by Aaron which was sent in an unpadded envelope. guess the comic gods smilled on me. Sorry to all those having major difficulties. Anyeway the purpose of this post was as I'm reading about all of these damaged books it makes me wonder how many of these limited print books are destroyed before ever even getting off the shelf so to speak. And for "book experts" such as amazon and B&N to be shipping like this is absolutely ridiculous.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    All my packages came in safe and sound from B&N including thank goodness, even my Punisher by Aaron which was sent in an unpadded envelope. guess the comic gods smilled on me. Sorry to all those having major difficulties. Anyeway the purpose of this post was as I'm reading about all of these damaged books it makes me wonder how many of these limited print books are destroyed before ever even getting off the shelf so to speak. And for "book experts" such as amazon and B&N to be shipping like this is absolutely ridiculous.
    I don't know for certain, but I think a lot of the damaged stock is maybe re-sold to other business just like remaindered books? I know I've seen some heavily damaged books at clearance retailers before.

So, I finally got my package from mycomicshop.com after a two month wait. Everything fine, but they might need to discontinue shipping to Mexico since they had quite some trouble with recent shippings.

I'm thinking about ordering from IST next, but I want to get some opinions. Has anyone here ordered internationally from them? I'm thinking about getting an Absolute and an Omnibus (the Young Avengers one, which is really more of an OHC), so I want to make sure there's no big risk of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    So, I finally got my package from mycomicshop.com after a two month wait. Everything fine, but they might need to discontinue shipping to Mexico since they had quite some trouble with recent shippings.

I'm thinking about ordering from IST next, but I want to get some opinions. Has anyone here ordered internationally from them? I'm thinking about getting an Absolute and an Omnibus (the Young Avengers one, which is really more of an OHC), so I want to make sure there's no big risk of damage.
    I've seen people saying very good things about their packaging. No complaints at all.

Spectacular Member

I order from both IST and mycomicsshop. IST's packaging is by far superior especially for big items like an omnibus.

I can almost promise you that it is NOT mycomicshop's fault your order took as long as it did to get to you.
    I can almost promise you it got held up in customs.

Once a company ships off a product, it's out of their hands. They have no control over what happens to the package once it leaves their facility. If people are going to order from companies outside of their country, you should request a tracking number. Even if it costs extra. But even then, once a package leaves the USA, other countries are not required, by law, to follow our tracking laws/practices. So, a lot of time packages are not scanned once they leave the states. This happens to me all the time when I mail international packages. Even USPS priority packages.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."