Page 28 of 97 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    I don't know what to say other than that's not the case and somehow you ended up in a screwed situation.

I absolutely got emailed a pre-paid UPS label this time around, as I did the other couple of times I've mailed back returns to them.

EDIT: I see you're in Canada. I'm speaking from a US perspective. In the US, they should absolutely send you a pre-paid label. If you're international, I have no idea how that works but I can see them not sending you one since that's going to cost them extra I would guess.
    For International returns usually you pay yourself and they re-imburse you. That applies to Amazon, B&N and other companies that i've used. The return labels from Amazon, is that not from Amazon.ca?

Been waiting looong for these. Sucessful delivery from IST. Had to wait about 2 and 1/2 months due to the South African Post Office stike.

instock1.jpg

instock2.jpg

I also received the first 3 collections of Supreme Power (not in the pics).
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Thank you, Danmar85, I totally forgot to reply to this.
    I, personally, am unsure of speed. I chose the option in hopes that *maybe* it might just be a better shipping method vs. having them shipped media mail, so that, maybe, just maybe, my order might be handled a bit more gently during shipment.

Thank you!!!
    I feel kind of stupid for not even looking at the banners on the site.

I *might* place another order now that I know I get an additional 2% (yes, I ordered over $100), but I hadn't planned on it before.

By all means, if $4 is a small hit to you, might as well test it out a few times. Since it's your first order from IST you'll quickly see how AMAZING they're packaging usually is. Compare the boxes you get from them to what you might have laying around from Amazon, B&N and in truth even CGN or TFAW. It's easily the thickest. Even the worst treatment during delivery will not hurt your books.

The 2% only amounts to $1 or so in savings. It's only worth it if you're already spending the money anyway. But we all know how much of an addiction collecting is.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    By all means, if $4 is a small hit to you, might as well test it out a few times. Since it's your first order from IST you'll quickly see how AMAZING they're packaging usually is. Compare the boxes you get from them to what you might have laying around from Amazon, B&N and in truth even CGN or TFAW. It's easily the thickest. Even the worst treatment during delivery will not hurt your books.

The 2% only amounts to $1 or so in savings. It's only worth it if you're already spending the money anyway. But we all know how much of an addiction collecting is.
    I think I will test it out. This order will have the $4 Fex Ex shipping. I can place a smaller order and use the free shipping and see if that seems to make a difference in how the package looks on the outside when it arrives.

Yes! It IS addicting. I've already got a ton more books I want to order.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

All-New Member

I bought New X-Men Omnibus from IST and the book came with a pretty bad right bottom corner bend like it had been slammed on it's corner.

Has anyone ever dealt with IST to get replacement book ? I emailed them 5 days ago but no answer yet.
    I never had an issue with books from them. They usually come pretty good shape with decent packing

Quote Originally Posted by pgunz3 View Post
    I bought New X-Men Omnibus from IST and the book came with a pretty bad right bottom corner bend like it had been slammed on it's corner.

Has anyone ever dealt with IST to get replacement book ? I emailed them 5 days ago but no answer yet.
    I never had an issue with books from them. They usually come pretty good shape with decent packing
    I just placed my first order with them the other day, so I do not have any experience with them yet.
    I am willing to bet, though, that they are recovering from the holiday season, it IS the weekend (and the weekend after a holiday), but I bet you'll hear from them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by pgunz3 View Post

Hopefully it's just a weekend thing and they'll eventually reply to your email. Don't give up and I'm sure you'll get things resolved. Maybe someone with more experience with IST replacements will chime in.

Sooo, apparently B&N does e-mail you a return label. Made a call to customer service the other day and I received mines just right after as well as confirmation for my Deadpool omnibus replacement shipping out. It's on it's way here, according to the tracking anyway, and I'm SERIOUSLY tempted to just keep my damaged copy to sell for later on. After countless frustrating calls, and hours of time and effort wasted on them, on top of the damaged book and $10 I lost from the botching of a re-order that I spent a whole week attempting to process, I feel like it's the least they owe me for my troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Sooo, apparently B&N does e-mail you a return label. Made a call to customer service the other day and I received mines just right after as well as confirmation for my Deadpool omnibus replacement shipping out. It's on it's way here, according to the tracking anyway, and I'm SERIOUSLY tempted to just keep my damaged copy to sell for later on. After countless frustrating calls, and hours of time and effort wasted on them, on top of the damaged book and $10 I lost from the botching of a re-order that I spent a whole week attempting to process, I feel like it's the least they owe me for my troubles.
    I would just hassle them and ask for a refund in regard to that $10. BUT only after your replacement shows up in proper condition.

The first of my B&N books finally turned up and its...alright!
    Yeah, one of the corners is a little dinged but overall its in pretty good shape. Much better than i was expecting.
    The shrink wrap was torn to shreads but luckly no real damage to the omni itself.

Fingers crossed for the second...

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wollodrin View Post
    First time I ordered from amazon.com - the book (saga deluxe hc) came in perfect condition, was sealed to a cardboard and put in the box like that.
    So it couldn't move.

Packaging from amazon.de and amazon.co.uk is almost always terrible so I was pleasently surprised with amazon.com - will order more from them now I guess if the price is right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyus View Post
    Dealing with Amazon.de at the moment for the Deadpool/Cable omnibus. They sent it internationally in a thin cardboard mailer..... They might as well just put a label in the book and ship that as it's about the same.
    Amazon.de Came through with a great copy of Deadpool/Cable. Slightly thicker packaging and it seems to have come from the UK.

Had great packaging for the Moomins Collection from Booksdepository. It came in a good sized boxed with a lot of large sized bubble wrap padding.

I just got an email shipping notification for my IST order.
    WEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Fantastic Member

I have been told that Amazon has been sending emails to customers asking for feedback in relation to their packing/shipping, and how they can improve. I stopped ordering from Amazon (Amazon proper, that is. I have found a few Market place sellers that do good work) some time ago because of damaged items. I hope that every one who receives less then perfect copies from Amazon takes the time to lodge a complaint. You could do what I do and suggest someone at Amazon place orders with IST/CGN to see how collectible books should be shipped. Who knows ? If they here from enough people maybe they will improve their service.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    I have been told that Amazon has been sending emails to customers asking for feedback in relation to their packing/shipping, and how they can improve. I stopped ordering from Amazon (Amazon proper, that is. I have found a few Market place sellers that do good work) some time ago because of damaged items. I hope that every one who receives less then perfect copies from Amazon takes the time to lodge a complaint. You could do what I do and suggest someone at Amazon place orders with IST/CGN to see how collectible books should be shipped. Who knows ? If they here from enough people maybe they will improve their service.
    unless it's a new different email, I already got those for a long time.... and even complaining (and I guess a lot other people did too) didn't made a difference till now

It's just a pity that for people here there aren't many other cheap options, at least people in the USA have with IST/CGN/etc

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

First 2 of my omnibuses arrived (finally) and they were surprisingly well packaged. The box was banged up to hell but inside they were covered in those blue air pockets which has stopped any real damage.

Only problem is the shrink wrapping was pretty much battered to hell and there are some dings and bends on the dust jacket but they're only tiny.

My only complaint is the shipping time.

Now I wait for my last omnibus and see if that's in equal condition or not.

Oh and for UK people, they get delivered by Royal Mail.