Page 33 of 97 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Deviskan View Post
    Yeah, I'd definitely agree...noted that in my first post, they are really good at sending out replacements free of charge (unlike Amazon or Speedy Hen).

It just really annoys me that these companies don't take care of the books and pack them they way the deserve...and also the fact that you know when you order that it will be a complete lottery if you receive a damage free copy (but their pricing is normally fairly competitive for the UK).
    You'd think that they'd give more care to their packaging since it's costing them a LOT of money to send out another book AND cover the shipping costs.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate jezebel View Post
    It's a comic store in Springfield, MO that has a brick and mortar comic store, on-line site and ebay store. I wanted to order 2 comic books at approx $5.50 each but $9.75 shipping?

I only bite my lip and pay heavy postage when the books acquired make it worth it. Like ordering one pricey high-grade back issue comic from England that I got for about 35% guide but had to pay £12 shipping by Royal Registered Mail.
    Care to say what store it is? I live in Springfield, MO, and am curious. The comic book stores here in town aren't too great, in my opinion.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

I've experienced a first. A damaged book from IST. However, I'd like to point out it was packaged as immaculately as IST always does. There is no damage on the dust jacket nor is there any on the exterior cover of the actual book. The damage is solely contained on the interiors. It's my guess that the machining process that assembles the books or human error caused this. The third and last picture I'm going to post illustrates what I feel is something sharp and pointy having penetrated the book. This hole and subsequent damage goes through the first 30 pages of the book with the next dozen pages showing stress. To me it's like something with some hydraulic pressure force was behind the puncture.
    Damage 1.jpgDamage 2.jpgDamage 3.jpg

I've never tried a return with IST, has anyone? This will be a first for me. My next move is to email their customer service. I'll let you know how it goes.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

There seems to be a lack of quality control at the Chinese printer that Marvel uses. The problem has existed for years and is the reason why I've received several damaged hardcovers that were solely the printer's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I've experienced a first. A damaged book from IST. However, I'd like to point out it was packaged as immaculately as IST always does. There is no damage on the dust jacket nor is there any on the exterior cover of the actual book. The damage is solely contained on the interiors. It's my guess that the machining process that assembles the books or human error caused this. The third and last picture I'm going to post illustrates what I feel is something sharp and pointy having penetrated the book. This hole and subsequent damage goes through the first 30 pages of the book with the next dozen pages showing stress. To me it's like something with some hydraulic pressure force was behind the puncture.
    Damage 1.jpgDamage 2.jpgDamage 3.jpg

I've never tried a return with IST, has anyone? This will be a first for me. My next move is to email their customer service. I'll let you know how it goes.
    Damn, that is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Damn, that is impressive.
    Most impressive. 30 pages is a lot ...but you are not a jedi yet.

What's interesting is the fact that so many Omnibus collectors on here have yet to even remove the wrapping of their books. What will they do when they find damage like this? I'd imagine they would be long beyond the return policy period. A downside to being a 'collector' and not a reader.

mra1

Captain Craig! Before you return that bad copy of Star Wars, Would you be interested in a trade for the Orig
    I preordered it and immediately regretted it. I have had a total falling out with newer Marvel stuff. And i would even prefer a busted copy of Star Wars over current Marvel!inal Sin Companion?

Quote Originally Posted by banky View Post
    Most impressive. 30 pages is a lot ...but you are not a jedi yet.

What's interesting is the fact that so many Omnibus collectors on here have yet to even remove the wrapping of their books. What will they do when they find damage like this? I'd imagine they would be long beyond the return policy period. A downside to being a 'collector' and not a reader.
    I open all my books right away. And I try to get the dust jackets wrapped right away.
    And I only buy what I want to read.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mra1 View Post
    Captain Craig! Before you return that bad copy of Star Wars, Would you be interested in a trade for the Orig
    I preordered it and immediately regretted it. I have had a total falling out with newer Marvel stuff. And i would even prefer a busted copy of Star Wars over current Marvel!inal Sin Companion?
    Thanks but I have Sin Companion on the way + I do want this book.

UPDATE: I heard back from IST and they've asked me to return it via Media Mail. They will then credit my account and pull a replacement book for me.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

More praise to Amazon UK.
    Ms & Captain Marvel arrived in good condition.

So, I've had 2 orders in the last few weeks from IST. Which are usually packaged immaculately with no complaints. However, both recent packages had a oily residue in them. The foam pillows they put in the boxes are sealed in plastic bags. Each shipment had an empty plastic bag under the pillows covered in oil. I imagined this was a mistake but it happened twice in a row now. Thankfully, they seal up books that don't come shrink wrapped so all my books are fine.

Fantastic Member

I posted a while back about having recieved a copy of Little Nemo: Dream Another Dream from IST where it was delivered with spectacular fashion, bUT as soon as I took it out of the plastic the pages were curling up on either end and the front cover was curling up as well, all of which seemed to be pulling at least half the pages out of the binding. I didn't even get a chance to email IST about it because I tweeted about it and the publisher, Locust Moon Comics responded to it really quickly saying to email them. They asked me to put some heavy books on it to see if that fixed it (it seemed they had never heard this problem and we're as puzzled as I was). They also said if that didn't help they would send a new copy (I didn't request this I approached it as asking if they knew about this problem and knew what I should do about it). So I left a bunch of Omnibus and stuff on it for several days. Then took them off and let it set for a day. Didn't help. I emailed and told them and they sent out a new copy. I didn't ha e to send them pictures or go to any trouble at all really. They were great to deal with. Couldn't have been more pleasant. At times they responded so quickly to my emails or tweets that it was almost eerie, especially given that I almost never messaged them at anything approaching normal business hours or even daylight hours. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again. Which is good, because I've heard rumors that they have another fantastic book like this coming.

Apologies in advance if this was already asked but does anybody know if Amazon ships the DC Absolute editions in the original box? Amazon (within the US) is notorious for not packaging books well but if Amazon does indeed ship in the original Absolute boxes (the white ones) then I feel much better ordering from there.

I'm a usual CGN / IST customer but I have Amex points to spend.. so I'm considering getting either Absolute Haunted Knight or Absolute Batman Inc.

W
    Quote Originally Posted by aleksivic View Post
    Apologies in advance if this was already asked but does anybody know if Amazon ships the DC Absolute editions in the original box? Amazon (within the US) is notorious for not packaging books well but if Amazon does indeed ship in the original Absolute boxes (the white ones) then I feel much better ordering from there.

I'm a usual CGN / IST customer but I have Amex points to spend.. so I'm considering getting either Absolute Haunted Knight or Absolute Batman Inc.
    Yeah they usually do. The only absolute of mine that they didn't ship in its box is long halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Yeah they usually do. The only absolute of mine that they didn't ship in its box is long halloween.

Thanks for that!!