Page 4 of 97 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Amazon offers great deals, but almost every TPB or Blu-Ray boxed set I have gotten delivered from them has come crushed, dented, or torn. It's at the point now where I'd rather just go to a local store and pay full price for a copy of whatever I want. At least that way, I know I can see it and pick one in perfect condition before I spend my hard earned money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Wow, so many people complaining about Amazon. I created this petition at Change.org to see if all of us singing it could get Amazon to do something about it. So far, it's been a complete failure. Hopefully some of the people here, who take so much time to rant and post pictures about how bad Amazon's packaging is, can sign it and actually help to promote this petition. Here's the petition!

In my case, as an international customer, IST is definitely the best way to get my books as near-mint as possible. Problem is, they ship using USPS, which means my country's post office has to deliver the package after they clear it through customs here in Argentina. And this process usually takes around 2 months!!! Fortunately, the books arrive in amazing condition.

On the other hand, if I use Amazon, I get the book in just 4 days, but with a lot of chances it will be damaged... The only thing I trust Amazon with are DC's Absolute editions, since the white boxes protect them really well. Everything else is just a fucking gamble!
    I'll sign your petition, though I really think it won't have any effect. (BTW, you should've mentioned books in general, not just comics).

The only time I ordered from IST the package never arrived. Of course they refunded the money, but I don't want to wait for almost three months for nothing again.

My second parcel from IST. That's two-out-of-two wins so far. This is the last time I'll post pics of a successful package since I think this thread is more about damaged goods, but in case anyone wants to know how IST packages their books:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've been waiting for this haul more than many before. For the last 3 days I've been checking the post twice a day! Lol! Over the moon. These will keep me going for a while...

[Edit] My first "Big Book of..."!! They're a lot smaller than I imagined. I want to find the "Big Book of Death", and then I'll die a happy man.
    Last edited by ohmshalone; 07-31-2014 at 04:10 AM.
    An unabashed DC Fanboy (who gives Marvel credit where credit is due).

Quote Originally Posted by ohmshalone View Post
    This is the last time I'll post pics of a successful package since I think this thread is more about damaged goods, but in case anyone wants to know how IST packages their books:
    The thread is about any kind of experience so I think you should be the judge of your posts.
    IMHO we all know IST's packiging is really good but I welcome any relevant posts.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Bookdepository is officially on my blacklist. I have ordered 4 times from BD and twice the book came in an envelope, with no packaging and damaged. I decided to take a chance and order Final Incal from them. I heard people had their orders cancelled so I was nervous and I emailed them. They sent me an email confirming it was on the way and customer service also confirmed it was on the way. During that time I had the opportunity to buy it for 20% cheaper elsewhere but I stuck with my order because they assured me. Preorders aren't guaranteed but in this case they assured me it was on the way since they found a supplier. Well, this morning I got a cancellation email so I sent them one last FU email and I will NEVER buy from them again. Even if they are the only place to find a book I really want, I'd rather go to eBay and pay double than shop there again.
    I feel your pain. And the jokers still have it listed for order. I got lucky and scored it much cheaper through Amazon UK. Now I've said that it will arrive have been used as a football all the way from England to Australia.

All-New Member

For such things I certainly love TFAW. All this package only for one... ONE! DC's Absolute)))
    2014-07-31 12.27.23.jpg
    2014-07-31 12.26.55.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    I feel your pain. And the jokers still have it listed for order. I got lucky and scored it much cheaper through Amazon UK. Now I've said that it will arrive have been used as a football all the way from England to Australia.
    I missed the Amazon UK sale on the book BECAUSE I trusted BD to come through. As soon as they sent that email that they didn't have it, I checked Amazon UK and it had gone back up. Whatever. I still ordered a copy. I should get it in two weeks. The funny thing is, this morning I got a response to my FU email and they said SURPRISE! They got another distributor who had stock, so if I wanted, I could preorder again! LOL. Yeah, no. I sent them a second FU email. This time they can sit on it.

Amazing Member Black Iron Tarkus's Avatar

Forbidden Planet:

Slow to dispatch and fairly expensive for domestic UK shipping, but excellent packaging. Ordered Legend of the Scarlet Blades on Sunday night and received it today; the book and delivery note had been plastic-bagged, then put inside a padded envelope and securely taped up, then put in a decent-sized box filled with packing paper. Best packaging I've seen in a long time.

Also, they send heavy/valuable orders via DPD; they actually email you with the driver's name and approx. delivery time, and let you send instructions to the driver in case you're not there to sign for it.

If you're not in a hurry and don't mind paying a bit extra, I definitely recommend them.

Amazing Member

amazon.com to Spain

This is how I use to receive my amazon.com packages :

Enormous bag (I don't know yet why)

Damaged thin Cardboard Box

Empty air bags

Last edited by ru1880; 08-01-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Amazing Member

This time the corners were not too damaegd though

Yup, that's what I get most of the times from them. Opening one of their boxes is almost just as unnerving as it is exciting. I really wish we'd get some real alternatives around here.

Incredible Member

So after Bookdepository screwed me on my Final Incal order, I got one from Amazon UK, and... the box was crushed. It looked like someone stepped on it and repeatedly dropped it. Two of four corners on the slipcase are dented, to the point where you can see the cardboard underneath, and the spine has some dents in it. I think the universe is telling me that I am just not meant to have this book or something. It would cost me too much to mail it back for an exchange or refund (Amazon UK will only cover a portion of the shipping fee), so I guess I'll have to ask for a partial refund. Sucks. I should have just paid the extra $30 and got it shipped directly from Humanoids. Lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    So after Bookdepository screwed me on my Final Incal order, I got one from Amazon UK, and... the box was crushed. It looked like someone stepped on it and repeatedly dropped it. Two of four corners on the slipcase are dented, to the point where you can see the cardboard underneath, and the spine has some dents in it. I think the universe is telling me that I am just not meant to have this book or something. It would cost me too much to mail it back for an exchange or refund (Amazon UK will only cover a portion of the shipping fee), so I guess I'll have to ask for a partial refund. Sucks. I should have just paid the extra $30 and got it shipped directly from Humanoids. Lesson learned.
    Insist with them nicely that you really want a replacement copy and that it's their responsibility to use proper packaging to ensure an undamaged product. Return shipping costs should therefore be covered 100%.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Insist with them nicely that you really want a replacement copy and that it's their responsibility to use proper packaging to ensure an undamaged product. Return shipping costs should therefore be covered 100%.
    I just heard back. I wrote them a firm but civil email and they wrote back just now that a new one is on the way and they'll cover all shipping costs for the return. This is good because it will cost me a lot of money to send it back since Canada Post is a rip off. Fingers crossed!