Page 42 of 97 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

If I order something from America to the UK is there going to be a customs payment? Or are printed products customs free?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    If I order something from America to the UK is there going to be a customs payment? Or are printed products customs free?
    Books (comics count as books) are duty free, the only way you'll have to pay anything is if the seller messes up the forms. But ordering from someone like IST, they never do.

If you get charged you can claim it back from HMRC.

Cheers, so do you recommend anyone along with IST (do you have a link?)
    Last edited by Hellboydce; 03-24-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Does anybody have experience with DontPayMore on abebooks? I want to finally pull the trigger on 2 books they are selling and one of them is oop but it ships from the US and it's condition is listed as "good" which is usually not too bad in case of hardcovers except if they only put the books in a nylon envelope because why the f&@& would you want your merchandise to arrive in a nice condition?

In other news I emailed thriftbooks-USA the other day to please-please-please put a damn piece of cardboard under my book (Ronin deluxe ed, like new condition) so it will survive the trip from the states (cause I know they only gonna put the book in a nylon envelope) and they replied that they can't do it. oh well, at least it was reaaaalllyyy cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Cheers, so do you recommend anyone along with IST (do you have a link?)
    Cheap-comics.com are brilliant, prgrafix.co.uk are good but don't update often.

Incredible Member

So last week I noticed that a shipment was like ten days late from Amazon.com, which is a first for them. I emailed and enquired about it (not snarky or anything) and within an hour they confirmed to AusPost that the package must be delivered by the following business day (it was) AND they refunded me the shipping fee on the order ($90!). So quite a win, excellent customer service.

007 girl.

I got an apology from Ebay for a package that was...ONE DAY LATE...and got a $5 coupon.

I mean WHAT.THE.HELL? But I used it
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    So last week I noticed that a shipment was like ten days late from Amazon.com, which is a first for them. I emailed and enquired about it (not snarky or anything) and within an hour they confirmed to AusPost that the package must be delivered by the following business day (it was) AND they refunded me the shipping fee on the order ($90!). So quite a win, excellent customer service.
    yes, they always refund the shipping fee in case of delayed delivery. my orders are occasionally late and even if i don't mind waiting a bit longer and ask Amazon CS when in their opinion the package might arrive, they refund the shipping fee anyway. only amazon dot com, never the UK Amazon. to be fair though, packages from the latter are almost never late, the UK being not so far away from me as the US.

Beware of any seller called BOOKMARKET123.

I bought a book from them and they never sent it and when i wanted a refund they left amazon. I'm now trying to get my money back from customer service.
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 03-30-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    Beware of any seller called BOOKMARKET123.

I bought a book from them and they never sent it and when i wanted a refund they left amazon. I'm now trying to get my money back from customer service.
    Amazon will give you your money back so I wouldn't worry too much.

Fantastic Member

received Colossal Conan from B&N today. i knew i was taking a risk buying a 13-pound book from them but kinda hoped they'd ship it with UPS Express again. they didn't. it came by regular mail and there is some damage

it's still better than i feared it might be, i'm even relieved, to be honest - structurally the book is totally fine. returning it for a replacement is definitely out of question - the replacement might arrive in the same or worse condition. i think i'll just e-mail B&N customer service for a partial refund or something. i hope they'll be accomodating.
    Last edited by zaboraviti; 04-08-2015 at 08:42 AM.

A couple of days ago there was discussion related to disputed/fraudulent eBay transactions. Well, I've got a new one today. Wait'll you read this...

I received an email from PayPal's resolution center this morning stating that an eBay buyer had disputed a transaction. So I promptly logged into my account to see what was going on. A buyer claimed he (a) never received the item, or (b) that it was a non-authorized use of his account to buy the items. Therefore, as the seller I need to provide transaction details and a tracking # to PayPal to resolve the problem. Usually this is no big deal. I've had a few disputed transactions before and was able to give the buyer the tracking # and they found the item. Great! So I start going through my folder with my shipping receipts and can't find anything mailed to this guy's address.

Well, after a few mins of searching I realize the disputed transaction is from DECEMBER 4, 2013 ... ! Over SIXTEEN MONTHS ago! Sheesh! No wonder I couldn't find the tracking # in my folder. Usually I keep tracking #s for 8-12 months then clean out my desk and pitch them. Can you believe that? Sixteen months! Give me a break?

So I actually called PayPal's resolution center and basically said, "hey this looks like some kind of scam because the statute of limitations to dispute an eBay claim is 45 days and 180 days on PayPal. The PayPal guy on the phone was sympathetic and put me on hold while he made some calls. Eventually he verified it was a legit claim from the buyer's bank who disputed it with PayPal. Now I'm on the hook to find a nearly-one-and-a-half-year-old post office or Fed Ex receipt. I don't get it. The customer service guy basically said if I couldn't find the tracking #, they'd probably try to work something out and give me a partial credit to my account or something. It's ridiculous.

What an a-hole. And you know what? The transaction was for some Defenders MMWs I sold for $60. Sixty freaking bucks.

This kind of $#!t is why I often get to the point where I despise selling things online. Most of the time things are fine, but every once in a while, you come up against some a-hole and a weird situation like this where, inevitably, no matter what you do, it's your fault as the seller.
    Last edited by grahamgg; 04-09-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post
    A couple of days ago there was discussion related to disputed/fraudulent eBay transactions. Well, I've got a new one today. Wait'll you read this...

I received an email from PayPal's resolution center this morning stating that an eBay buyer had disputed a transaction. So I promptly logged into my account to see what was going one. A buyer claimed he (a) never received the item, or (b) that it was a non-authorized use of his account to buy the items. Therefore, as the seller I need to provide transaction details and a tracking # to PayPal to resolve the problem. Usually this is no big deal. I've had a few disputed transactions before and was able to give the buyer the tracking # and they found the item. Great! So I start going through my folder with my shipping receipts and can't find anything mailed to this guy's address.

Well, after a few mins of searching I realize the disputed transaction is from DECEMBER 4, 2013 ... ! Over SIXTEEN MONTHS ago! Sheesh! No wonder I couldn't find the tracking # in my folder. Usually I keep tracking #s for 8-12 months then clean out my desk and pitch them. Can you believe that? Sixteen months! Give me a break?

So I actually called PayPal's resolution center and basically said, "hey this looks like some kind of scam because the statute of limitations to dispute an eBay claim is 45 days and 180 days on PayPal. The PayPal guy on the phone was sympathetic and put me on hold while he made some calls. Eventually he verified it was a legit claim from the buyer's bank who disputed it with PayPal. Now I'm on the hook to find a nearly-one-and-a-half-year-old post office or Fed Ex receipt. I don't get it. The customer service guy basically said if I couldn't find the tracking #, they'd probably try to work something out and give me a partial credit to my account or something. It's ridiculous.

What an a-hole. And you know what? The transaction was for some Defenders MMWs I sold for $60. Sixty freaking bucks.

This kind of $#!t is why I often get to the point where I despise selling things online. Most of the time things are fine, but every once in a while, you come up against some a-hole and a weird situation like this where, inevitably, no matter what you do, it's your fault as the seller.
    how the hell is he right if the statute of limitations to dispute an eBay claim is 45 days and 180 days on PayPal ? He is waaaaay out of time, sorry, goodbye! That should be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    how the hell is he right if the statute of limitations to dispute an eBay claim is 45 days and 180 days on PayPal ? He is waaaaay out of time, sorry, goodbye! That should be the end of it.
    This exact thing happens to me on amazon a few years back. Guess what? He won and I lost my funds from the sale. He claimed the same crap; didn't get the package, fraudulent charges to account, etc. His claim came in just over a year after the sale, so I didn't have any tracking information and told amazon to stuff it. I haven't sold anything from amazon since.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Spectacular Member Squall Leonhart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grahamgg View Post

I received an email from PayPal's resolution center this morning stating that an eBay buyer had disputed a transaction. So I promptly logged into my account to see what was going on. A buyer claimed he (a) never received the item, or (b) that it was a non-authorized use of his account to buy the items. Therefore, as the seller I need to provide transaction details and a tracking # to PayPal to resolve the problem. Usually this is no big deal. I've had a few disputed transactions before and was able to give the buyer the tracking # and they found the item. Great! So I start going through my folder with my shipping receipts and can't find anything mailed to this guy's address.

I feel for you man, he is way out of time!

If it makes you feel any better, I'll never be selling on ebay again if I can get around it. I sent the buyer a NASTY message after he pulled some buyer's remorse crap on me too after he won a dispute. Left me negative feedback and lied. Phew, I had a moment of weakness and got angry lol