Page 45 of 97 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

^^^
    aaand it's cancelled

I placed an order of 2 books with www.prgrafix.co.uk at roughly 1pm yesterday and they arrived before 11am today. Well impressed!

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    I placed an order of 2 books with www.prgrafix.co.uk at roughly 1pm yesterday and they arrived before 11am today. Well impressed!
    They use Fedex for most stuff so it's really great postage.

I'm having a problem with them at the moment, i placed an order a while ago and it never showed up. I've placed orders since and theyve arrived but this older order is just not here. And they're really bad at replying to emails so I don't know what's up with it.

All-New Member

I'm still waiting for the order from prgrafix I made on the 10th when the site was updated - I know people were saying that they were waiting as well, but the fact that orders made since then have arrived for people (including me) is starting to make me worry a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSmith24 View Post
    I'm still waiting for the order from prgrafix I made on the 10th when the site was updated - I know people were saying that they were waiting as well, but the fact that orders made since then have arrived for people (including me) is starting to make me worry a bit.
    An order I placed on the 10th arrived yesterday, so shouldn't be long for you.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    An order I placed on the 10th arrived yesterday, so shouldn't be long for you.
    Thanks - here's hoping!

I stupidly placed an order with forbiddenplanet.co.uk for Stray Bullets Uber Alles forgetting to check the area where it inevitably said "stock on the way soon". My first and only order with them a few years ago had the same and I cancelled it. I think I went against myself this time because I'd read good things about their packaging and it's a big paperback. Once I realised they didn't have them in I emailed asking for an expected dispatch time and basically got a polite 'it'll ship when it ships just wait'.

Is this a bad sign and should I just cancel and go else where?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle88 View Post
    I stupidly placed an order with forbiddenplanet.co.uk for Stray Bullets Uber Alles forgetting to check the area where it inevitably said "stock on the way soon". My first and only order with them a few years ago had the same and I cancelled it. I think I went against myself this time because I'd read good things about their packaging and it's a big paperback. Once I realised they didn't have them in I emailed asking for an expected dispatch time and basically got a polite 'it'll ship when it ships just wait'.

Is this a bad sign and should I just cancel and go else where?
    I would wait some time, I got lucky with Tank Girl collected edition some time ago, book was already OOP with at least 100 quid price tag but on FP it was 60 - surprisingly I've had an email from them saying my order has been dispatched few days after I placed it even it was 'stock on the way soon'.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josh_ View Post
    Can anyone here give me any feedback on _plumcircle_books_usa_ via the amazon.co.uk marketplace?

I'm sure i remember a poster here purchased a book from them listed as used, yet it came sealed?
    I can't speak to that member's experience but I've used them dozens of times and they've always been super fast (for international) and well packaged, and their version of very good is other sellers versions of like new.

]
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh_ View Post
    Good enough for me! I'm only looking for a trade (Iron Fist Complete Collection Vol.2) so the delivery time isn't a problem. Glad to hear about the condition/packaging though.

I see you've used books_any a few times as well, i've only ever heard bad things about their packaging?
    I find books any are fine with packaging for trades. I bought an omnibus from them in feb and I'm still waiting for it to arrive, if ever it does.
    Similar to Storm, I've had excellent experience with plumcircle. Sometimes a little after the delivery date but always in fantastic condition.

With books_any, it's been a mixed bag. 50/50 with regards to the books coming in perfect condition and with those having slightly squashed corners. I once ordered 2 Omnibuses the same day from them. One came a week later. After 3 weeks, I emailed them regarding the missing 2nd book. They eventually sent me a replacement copy which arrived around 5 weeks after the dispatch date. (Fyi I live in Poland).

They use Fedex for most stuff so it's really great postage.

I'm having a problem with them at the moment, i placed an order a while ago and it never showed up. I've placed orders since and theyve arrived but this older order is just not here. And they're really bad at replying to emails so I don't know what's up with it.
    Sorry to hear you're having problems with them. It was my first time using them so I might tread carefully next time!

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Sorry to hear you're having problems with them. It was my first time using them so I might tread carefully next time!
    I think they're checking with Fedex to find my package, but i hope what I said doesn't discourage you. They're the seller bargainbooktime from amazon.co.uk, this is just a site they're setting up and i've used that amazon seller A LOT with no complaints. This just seems like a one off, but they really need to work on their emailing.

From what others have said it seems like it's a one man show over there, so that might explain a lot of the delays.

All-New Member

My prgrafix order finally arrived today via fedex. Very happy with the books - at the price I don't mind the delay.

Amazing Member

I buy from amazon resellers from time to time with mixed experiences. Couple of notes I have in my head--

Goodwill books are almost always listed as "good" condition but can be very nice when they arrive or they can be "good" If the price is great I'll take a chance.

As others have said plumcircle sometimes sends new books even if not listed that way.

Otherwise if something says New or Like New and doesn't arrive that way, I send the seller a message and say that it did not arrive in the condition advertised. I've been refunded or replaced every time. I try not to be overly picky if its close, but to me New and Like New shouldn't have any dings or dents.

Usually I order from IST unless its out of print or the price is just too good to beat. And if the price is that good, I'm willing to take a lesser quality book.

My first order from instocktrades arrived yesterday (Avengers Vol. 2 omnibus). I was a little apprehensive ordering from them since I'm in Australia...but man did they pack it well! Seriously, nothing short of a fire or a truck running it over would have damaged that book haha. To any of the other Aussies on the board who were unsure about IST..definitely use them. The shipping is a little expensive and can take a while to reach you..but the 50% off new release pricing easily offsets this. Still much cheaper than buying at a local comic store here...not to mention I got the the DM variant with no hassles.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    My first order from instocktrades arrived yesterday (Avengers Vol. 2 omnibus). I was a little apprehensive ordering from them since I'm in Australia...but man did they pack it well! Seriously, nothing short of a fire or a truck running it over would have damaged that book haha. To any of the other Aussies on the board who were unsure about IST..definitely use them. The shipping is a little expensive and can take a while to reach you..but the 50% off new release pricing easily offsets this. Still much cheaper than buying at a local comic store here...not to mention I got the the DM variant with no hassles.
    Yeah IST and Cheap-Comics.com have the reputation of basically having nuke proof packaging, which is wonderful.