Page 46 of 97 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

somebody asked about plumcircle not so long ago. Just got the fury max ohc delivered from them. It took 2 weeks to arrive since the day I placed the order (from the USA, so it's a very good time) and it was wraspped in bubblewrap and but in a bubble wrap envelope and arrived unscratched.
    Overall I'm quite satisfied with them, glad I placed an order for 2 Waid DD ohc-s as well.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    somebody asked about plumcircle not so long ago. Just got the fury max ohc delivered from them. It took 2 weeks to arrive since the day I placed the order (from the USA, so it's a very good time) and it was wraspped in bubblewrap and but in a bubble wrap envelope and arrived unscratched.
    Overall I'm quite satisfied with them, glad I placed an order for 2 Waid DD ohc-s as well.
    I just got a delivery from them today. Immortal Iron Fist Complete Collection and Jessica Jones Pulse Complete Collection, both in basically new condition but they listed them as 'very good' and I tracked the dates and it took 10 days from dispatch to my house and that's really good for international. I think 10 is the fastest they've ever delivered to me and the longest was 14 days.

I don't think anyone can really knock their shipping or their service, they're seriously awesome.

I've had orders with Book Depository that took longer than 10 days to get to me xD

Oh Amazon...I really should know better than to order books from them.

I ordered volumes 2 & 3 of the Daredevil by Bendis ultimate collections direct from Amazon.

They shipped both books in a wrapped cardboard package, which usually acts as a great buffer against rough handling during transit.

Well, both books had bent corners, ripped pages, and scuff marks on the corners of the spine. There was no way these books were "New".

Luckily Amazon has amazing customer service & I am sending them back for a full refund.

Not sure why I just didn't order from IST in the first place, like I normally do.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I just got a delivery from them today. Immortal Iron Fist Complete Collection and Jessica Jones Pulse Complete Collection, both in basically new condition but they listed them as 'very good' and I tracked the dates and it took 10 days from dispatch to my house and that's really good for international. I think 10 is the fastest they've ever delivered to me and the longest was 14 days.

I don't think anyone can really knock their shipping or their service, they're seriously awesome.

I've had orders with Book Depository that took longer than 10 days to get to me xD
    mine was new too, still in shrinkwrap, it was only torn at one spot where they marked the book, bu I really couldn't care less about that.

also, placed a Wordery order through rakuten 2 days ago, for 5 books and 3 of them just arrived. After the fiasco with them 2 days ago, it was a very pleasant surprise.

mine was new too, still in shrinkwrap, it was only torn at one spot where they marked the book, bu I really couldn't care less about that.

also, placed a Wordery order through rakuten 2 days ago, for 5 books and 3 of them just arrived. After the fiasco with them 2 days ago, it was a very pleasant surprise.
    I really like Wordery, they very fast at dispatching and they don't skimp on postage. My big complaint is with book depository, they don't seem very well organised as they can take anywhere from 2-8 days to dispatch an order and then you're looking at 4 days postage after that. Their prices are usually the lowest so I go there a lot but their are other people on amazon just doing it so much better and Wordery is one of them.

Also there are some new people appearing on amazon now, I ordered two trades from one of them and they basically sent me a free comic with it with a little note apologising that I had to pay two lots of fixed price amazon postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I really like Wordery, they very fast at dispatching and they don't skimp on postage. My big complaint is with book depository, they don't seem very well organised as they can take anywhere from 2-8 days to dispatch an order and then you're looking at 4 days postage after that. Their prices are usually the lowest so I go there a lot but their are other people on amazon just doing it so much better and Wordery is one of them.

Also there are some new people appearing on amazon now, I ordered two trades from one of them and they basically sent me a free comic with it with a little note apologising that I had to pay two lots of fixed price amazon postage.
    in my experience bookdepository is almost always more expensive than speedyhen or wordery.

in my experience bookdepository is almost always more expensive than speedyhen or wordery.
    For a lot of what I want the cheapest is always books_any but I can't trust them to deliver in a reasonable amount of time, so I never buy from them unless the next seller down is DRAMATICALLY more expensive.

I also find bookdespository to be cheaper than speedyhen on amazon, speedyhen is always cheaper if you order from rakuten or speedyhen.com but I often forget to check those as well. And wordery is usually somewhere in the middle.

But I buy trades only so it might be different for someone who orders hardcovers.

EDIT - The PRgrafix order I placed 3 days ago just arrived, this was a nice surprise. I hadn't even got a dispatch email for it yet. So I'm very happy with that shipping speed.
    Last edited by Iron Fist; 04-23-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

The Omnibuses I received from Wordery to date have always come in perfect nick.

So here is a feedback on a very good experience (again) as I have received my latest order (Ronin Gallery edition and Angel Library Edition vol 1) from Forbidden Planet.co.uk in a very sturdy packaging. I have uploaded some pictures here http://www.bdgest.com/forum/artist-s....html#p3422757 (it's a French forum but the picture talks for themselves).

Just a heads up on the eBay seller Moviemars.

They had an out of print OHC for sale. I thought I had just gotten really lucky and ordered from them. After a week, I emailed them inquiring why they hadn't shipped out my book and they said they'd look into it. A few days after that I sent another email and it was then they said they would be cancelling the order and refunding my order. They still have the book for sale on eBay.

I was reading the omnibus collector blog and it was mentioned several times others have experienced the same issue concerning several different OOP books.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Oh Amazon...I really should know better than to order books from them.

I ordered volumes 2 & 3 of the Daredevil by Bendis ultimate collections direct from Amazon.

They shipped both books in a wrapped cardboard package, which usually acts as a great buffer against rough handling during transit.

Well, both books had bent corners, ripped pages, and scuff marks on the corners of the spine. There was no way these books were "New".

Luckily Amazon has amazing customer service & I am sending them back for a full refund.

Not sure why I just didn't order from IST in the first place, like I normally do.
    oh man.. now i'm scared for my FF4 omnibus i just ordered. did you call or email? i might have to do the same thing in a couple days. hopefully not though

Love IST, but need to vent on my current order.

I'm in the States on business for 1 week. I placed an order Thursday morning last week. It didn't get picked and scanned and ready for shipment until late Friday afternoon, which was after their FedEx guy comes to pick up packages. So it didn't get picked up until Monday late afternoon, and didn't ship until this morning. And now it will probably arrive at my sister's place on Thursday, when I needed it by Wednesday.

I know this is noone's fault but my own since I could've placed the order much earlier to make sure it arrived in time, but need the vent. Meh
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 04-28-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Love IST, but need to vent on my current order.

I'm in the States on business for 1 week. I placed an order Thursday morning last week. It didn't get picked and scanned and ready for shipment until late Friday afternoon, which was after their FedEx guy comes to pick up packages. So it didn't get picked up until Monday late afternoon, and didn't ship until this morning. And now it will probably arrive at my sister's place on Thursday, when I needed it by Wednesday.

I know this is noone's fault but my own since I could've placed the order much earlier to make sure it arrived in time, but need the vent. Meh
    I hear you.

IST so far has been the only seller where the books arrive in pristine condition but the downside is that they take a long time (compared to CGN, Amazon, Midtown Comics, etc) to get the books to you.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    It seems Ari notes the real fault here is his own.
    His order was picked and scanned inside their stated 48hr window that they try to attain.
    If anything I'd be curious why FedEx isn't making Saturday pickups. Is there an uncharge if they do so?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The Omnibuses I received from Wordery to date have always come in perfect nick.
    Agree with that, as they send them by courier packed well.
    My problem with them is with other books sent by Royal Mail......just received some TPs that had corner knocks and folds thanks to inferior packaging.