Page 47 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

I've ordered Hellboy LE v2 and 3 on monday evening from the amazon seller umeandmishka. Both were listed as Like new and only costed 17.8 each with shipping. They had only 84% positive so I was a bit hesitant but for the price I couldn't resist.
    They arrived today, TWO days after I placed the order! Really well packaged and the condition is definitely Like new. Couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by Balakin; 05-06-2015 at 01:09 PM.

Spectacular Member TheYoungWolf's Avatar

got my copy of FF vol 1 hickman omni from amazon and it surprisingly came in great shape. no damage at all except for a little wrinkle on the dust jacket near the bottom of the spine, which isnt a big deal for me. very happy!

I see that the Punisher Omnibus that was on Ebay has now been removed...
    Last edited by Deviskan; 05-13-2015 at 05:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deviskan View Post
    I see that the Punisher Omnibus that was on Ebay has now been removed...
    ...and the seller has now put up X-Men: Inferno with no pictures

I never had any bad experiences with comic shipments but I have had bad times with manga. A little back story, I absolutely love the series "Attack on Titan". I have seen the anime and own all of the manga volumes that are out in English. So when I saw that they were making a fan guidebook for the series, I got really excited. I pre-ordered my copy, it came in the mail and not only was I disappointed with the book itself, the cover came bent. I was both disappointed and outraged. But luckily I was able to send it back.

My second package from plumcircle arrived after a month + 1-2 days. It contained 2 ohc-s in a box so maybe it got held up at customs.
    My question is, since it was my first bigger package from outside of the EU, is it a common thing to wait a month for a bigger package because customs sits on it? Cause I'm waiting on an even bigger one (a hellboy le and Alias omni) so it would be nice to know what to expect.
    Or is is completely random?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    My second package from plumcircle arrived after a month + 1-2 days. It contained 2 ohc-s in a box so maybe it got held up at customs.
    My question is, since it was my first bigger package from outside of the EU, is it a common thing to wait a month for a bigger package because customs sits on it? Cause I'm waiting on an even bigger one (a hellboy le and Alias omni) so it would be nice to know what to expect.
    Or is is completely random?
    That seems random.

i've had stuff from Plumcircle before and they usually get it delivered in a window of 10-15 days no matter the size.

books_any seem to be the only one that AGES to ship large books because they ship it to a uk branch first, open and repackage (to avoid damage in transit claims, i guess) and then send it on again. I've never had an omnibus or non-paperback book from books_any arrive before 30 days.

But this seems like something went wrong somewhere, maybe ask plumcircle? I know they route their deliveries through France. Might have been held there?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    That seems random.

i've had stuff from Plumcircle before and they usually get it delivered in a window of 10-15 days no matter the size.

books_any seem to be the only one that AGES to ship large books because they ship it to a uk branch first, open and repackage (to avoid damage in transit claims, i guess) and then send it on again. I've never had an omnibus or non-paperback book from books_any arrive before 30 days.

But this seems like something went wrong somewhere, maybe ask plumcircle? I know they route their deliveries through France. Might have been held there?
    I emailed them on tuesday, it was the final delivery date and they didn't understand it either and asked me to wait another 7 days. The package arrived today so it's cool but still strange since my previous shipment from them arrived in 10 days.
    books_any is a weird one, their packages always arrive in 2-2,5 weeks time to Hungary (my friend just got 2 huge omnis from them and I got some too when I still lived there).

Thanks for the answer!

Lately, I've been seeing some pretty high shipping costs for comics on eBay. I bought three Bronze Age comics recently for around $4 & shipping ended up being $14!!! The shipping was close to $6 & the listing said combined shipping so I figured it wouldn't change much for 3 comics. I was stunned when I got the total cost. The guy said he shipping was so much because he wanted to insure the books got there safely. They arrived in bags too big for each comic! Just a disappointing transaction.

I'm seeing lots of $7 & up shipping lately. Combined shipping isn't much help.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

The tracking information on my Sandman Omnibus vol.1 indicated it arrived at noonish today at my house. So, I opted to go home at lunch to get it, check it out. Upon instant inspection, sadly, it was clear the protective shrinkwrap had torn at the lower and upper right fronts of the book. This type damage may still occur while I read it and it's in my possession I just want it pristine when I initially get it. Any owners of this book speak to this? Will this happen during handling of the book?

I don't want to appear as being overly fussy. My next email is to IST customer service which has been easy to deal with the other two times I've needed to do so.

IMG_0007.jpg
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    The tracking information on my Sandman Omnibus vol.1 indicated it arrived at noonish today at my house. So, I opted to go home at lunch to get it, check it out. Upon instant inspection, sadly, it was clear the protective shrinkwrap had torn at the lower and upper right fronts of the book. This type damage may still occur while I read it and it's in my possession I just want it pristine when I initially get it. Any owners of this book speak to this? Will this happen during handling of the book?

I don't want to appear as being overly fussy. My next email is to IST customer service which has been easy to deal with the other two times I've needed to do so.

IMG_0007.jpg
    Well the picture is a bit blurry but I would go for a partial refund, maybe try to return it for a new copy if you don't have to pay for shipping.

Pondview Associates through Alibris: Bought True life of the fabulous Killjoys slipcase hc for 14,5 pounds including shipping (which is a bargain for that book). It arrived in 24 days which is okay since they shipped it from the US.
    The book was listed as "good" but it came still in shrinkwrap, no dents or scratches, brand new (haven't opened it yet but I don't expect any nasty surprises).
    Big thumbs up!

Pondview Associates through Alibris: Bought True life of the fabulous Killjoys slipcase hc for 14,5 pounds including shipping (which is a bargain for that book). It arrived in 24 days which is okay since they shipped it from the US.
    The book was listed as "good" but it came still in shrinkwrap, no dents or scratches, brand new (haven't opened it yet but I don't expect any nasty surprises).
    Big thumbs up!
    Post some pics, man!

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Post some pics, man!
    somebody already did in September:
    http://community.comicbookresources....ll=1#post57244

Incredible Member

Big thumbs up!
    Pondview are really great. More often than not I've received new sealed books from them.