Page 48 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Pondview Associates through Alibris: Bought True life of the fabulous Killjoys slipcase hc for 14,5 pounds including shipping (which is a bargain for that book). It arrived in 24 days which is okay since they shipped it from the US.
    The book was listed as "good" but it came still in shrinkwrap, no dents or scratches, brand new (haven't opened it yet but I don't expect any nasty surprises).
    Big thumbs up!
    I LOVE Pondview. I've bought from them over the past few months. I've gotten some amazing deals through them:

Daredevil by Miller Omni, advertised as Used - Good, arrived sealed, $3.99 plus $3.99 S/H
    Punisher Max by Aaron Omni, advertised as Used - Good, arrived sealed, $3.99 plus $3.99 S/H
    FF Vol. 2 Omni, Used - VG, $3.99 plus $3.99 S/H
    Marvel Zombinus, Used - VG $3.99 plus $3.99 S/H
    Wolverine and the X-Men Omni, Used - VG, $10.25 plus $3.99 S/H
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Death of Spider-Man Omni, Used - VG, $10.25 plus $3.99 S/H

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Pondview are really great. More often than not I've received new sealed books from them.
    I think I bought the book from them based on your comment I've found somewhere around here, that they are a good seller, so cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by wolpherine View Post
    I LOVE Pondview. I've bought from them over the past few months. I've gotten some amazing deals through them:

Daredevil by Miller Omni, advertised as Used - Good, arrived sealed, $3.99 plus $3.99 S/H
    Punisher Max by Aaron Omni, advertised as Used - Good, arrived sealed, $3.99 plus $3.99 S/H
    FF Vol. 2 Omni, Used - VG, $3.99 plus $3.99 S/H
    Marvel Zombinus, Used - VG $3.99 plus $3.99 S/H
    Wolverine and the X-Men Omni, Used - VG, $10.25 plus $3.99 S/H
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man Death of Spider-Man Omni, Used - VG, $10.25 plus $3.99 S/H
    4 dollars for Omnibuses?!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    4 dollars for Omnibuses?!
    Yeah. I couldn't believe my luck. I've only seen them price them that low once. They also had a Punisher by Remender Omni and Avengers West Coast Vol. 2 Omni for the same price, but somebody else snagged those up before I could.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I ordered an omnibus from books_any back in like feb, and they sent me the wrong book but instead of admitting they sent me the wrong book, they said it's gone missing in the post.

I ordered the same omnibus from them again, and it arrived in under 10 days and tracked. I've had omnibuses from them before and I rarely ever got them before 30 days, so them being suspicious of me actually improves their service?

This is so weird.

Amazing Member

I ordered a new Death of Captain America omni from tabletopart on Amazon marketplace on April 30th for $110. Needless to say, I was ecstatic to find one of my "white wales" for so cheap. This seller was one that had listed 5-10 of this same omni weeks earlier and then cancelled the orders but they couldn't be found in stock. I assumed this ordered was going to be cancelled as well, but the seller marked the item as shipped a day or two later but didn't provide tracking info. I was getting married in a few weeks so I had other things on my mind anyway. After we got back from our honeymoon, I noticed the package didn't come to the office so I inquired as to where it was.

Someone from the company replied promptly to tell me the book had been shipped the day after I placed the order. They provided a tracking number this time, though when I looked it up, there was no info attached to it. They said they would inquire the post office as to where the package was and to wait 1-2 days for it to come in.

After 2 days had passed, I emailed them again and they said the post office must have lost it and refunded my money.

Nooooooooooo! Of all the books to lose, it had to be one of my most wanted ones.

Spectacular Member

I ordered a new Death of Captain America omni from tabletopart on Amazon marketplace on April 30th for $110. Needless to say, I was ecstatic to find one of my "white wales" for so cheap. This seller was one that had listed 5-10 of this same omni weeks earlier and then cancelled the orders but they couldn't be found in stock. I assumed this ordered was going to be cancelled as well, but the seller marked the item as shipped a day or two later but didn't provide tracking info. I was getting married in a few weeks so I had other things on my mind anyway. After we got back from our honeymoon, I noticed the package didn't come to the office so I inquired as to where it was.

Someone from the company replied promptly to tell me the book had been shipped the day after I placed the order. They provided a tracking number this time, though when I looked it up, there was no info attached to it. They said they would inquire the post office as to where the package was and to wait 1-2 days for it to come in.

After 2 days had passed, I emailed them again and they said the post office must have lost it and refunded my money.

Nooooooooooo! Of all the books to lose, it had to be one of my most wanted ones.
    And you believe that they actually had the book to begin with?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by awalk1227 View Post
    And you believe that they actually had the book to begin with?
    I don't see what they would get out of it by lying, unless they thought I would just never ask why it wasn't delivered.

Spectacular Member

I don't see what they would get out of it by lying, unless they thought I would just never ask why it wasn't delivered.
    This has actually been brought up recently in a separate forum. A few members tried to grab a bunch of rare omnibuses from an online vendor a few weeks back, and everybody got claims of the item having shipped, and nobody received theirs. I don't know if the question was ever answered as to what they actually get out of not sending the book and lying about it. Some people thought there may have only been one book, but they took many orders anyway and didn't know their own inventory.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Have any of you used TOTAL BOOKS or indoobestsellers from the amazon marketplace and if so what's your experience been like? Cheers for any feedback.

Any feedback on books2anywhere would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    Any feedback on books2anywhere would be appreciated.
    Thanks.
    from my first post that started this thread:

Books2anywhereUS: the packaging was a bit weak but the book wasn't damaged (it was a hc, listed as and arrived in "very good" condition)

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    from my first post that started this thread:

Books2anywhereUS: the packaging was a bit weak but the book wasn't damaged (it was a hc, listed as and arrived in "very good" condition)
    Thanks, Balakin; I really should read this thread in its entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    Thanks, Balakin; I really should read this thread in its entirety.
    no problem. You can use the "search thread" function, it is quite useful.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Have any of you used TOTAL BOOKS or indoobestsellers from the amazon marketplace and if so what's your experience been like? Cheers for any feedback.
    I ordered an Infinity Gauntlet omni from Indoo through Alibris a few months ago. It had just went out of print, and Alibris had a nice coupon going, so I got a good deal. A few days after the purchase, Indoo marked the book as "shipped." They didn't provide a tracking number, but I've seen other sellers who don't do that, so I didn't think anything of it.

2 weeks from purchase date, I still had not received the book. I sent an email through Alibris to Indoo requesting a tracking number to see where the book was. The response I got was a cut-and-paste reply saying the book was shipped and it would take 4-14 days, blah blah.

3 weeks from purchase date, I send another email asking if the book was ever shipped. I got a different canned email from them saying they "would have to initiate a postal trace that could take a few days" and some other bs.

1 month from purchase date, I file a claim with my credit card company to dispute the charge. A couple days later, I call my credit card company and they said Indoo didn't even try to fight. They just gave me my money back.

tl;dr version
    I had a bad experience and won't use them again. They are one of those "drop ship" book sellers. It looks like they have 1,000,000 books in stock. In reality, the don't have anything in stock. They are just getting deals from somewhere else and just having this company ship the books to you. From their feedback on Amazon and Alibris, ~80% of people get what they ordered. The rest of us get screwed over.