Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

So this was how my first copy of Final Incal came from Amazon UK. Major damage to three of four corners and the spine.

This is how replacement came. Only a little damage to one corner. All in all, not great packaging but it was better protected even though the book bounced around inside since the box was too large. Eh. I'll take it.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    So this was how my first copy of Final Incal came from Amazon UK. Major damage to three of four corners and the spine.

This is how replacement came. Only a little damage to one corner. All in all, not great packaging but it was better protected even though the book bounced around inside since the box was too large. Eh. I'll take it.

Ask for a refund, even if it's only a partial refund. Getting a book as expensive as the Final Incal damaged twice is just careless.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Ask for a refund, even if it's only a partial refund. Getting a book as expensive as the Final Incal damaged twice is just careless.
    I thought about it, but the damage is pretty minor, really not too noticeable so I won't bother asking. Funny story, though: When they were mailing out the replacement, they told me to mail the damaged one back to them. I told them it will cost almost as much as the book itself to ship back, because Canada Post sucks. So I asked them to put it in writing to cover ALL shipping costs, and they did. So when I mailed it off today, the shipping back to Europe was $92 Cdn, which is like £50. Which is almost as much as the book cost originally! (There was a cheaper method for $50, but it would go by surface / ship and it would take 4-6 weeks, which means it wouldn't arrive within the 30 day return window). I had to scan and email my receipt to them, as well as send them the tracking number, and within hours they emailed me back saying they would credit my Visa. I received a confirmation email just now that it was credited back. So I guess on that front, their service is good and fast. Makes no sense though. They most certainly lost money on that transaction. It would have been better if they just told me to keep the damaged one.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Here are my recent packages that i received from Humanoids and Instock trades. The Bottom box weighed 56 lbs. I apologize to my postman for carrying this to the 5th floor.
    photo 1.jpg

Humanoids did a wonderful job packing the book. They tripled wrapped the book in bubble wrap. Put it in this oversize box and surrounded it with airbags. I would of thought there would be some dings on the book, but it came to me just as it would if I picked it off the shelf at my LCS.
    photo 3.JPG
    photo 4.jpg
    Last edited by Whenitmatters; 08-21-2014 at 04:31 PM.

Recently IST has been not been using Styrofoam to encase the books but are using packing peanuts. With this particular order (Marvels: Platnium edition and Wolverine:Adamantium edition) They doubled boxed the items and surrounded it with packing peanuts.
    photo 2.jpg
    open box.jpg
    IST haul 4.jpg

My experiences:

I had to return 2 books with IST, and one with Tale of Wonder
    With IST, my first colossal conan had a spine problem. Contacted IST, sent it back, got a new one and got shipping refunded. Super nice customer service.
    Then, still with IST, my legends of the scarlet blade deluxe came with a damaged cover (not IST fault as the book is inside a jacket/box), and got a new one in replacement. Great customer service once again by IST.

Same from Tales of Wonder, my Fantastic Four by Hickman omnibus had a weird spine problem (cover got glued to the ribbon, it was just weird), and got a new one in replacement, shipping paid back. Neat customer service from TOW.

Have any other Canadians still not received their order from B&N's buy two get one free sale? I've been waiting for almost 4 weeks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    Recently IST has been not been using Styrofoam to encase the books but are using packing peanuts. With this particular order (Marvels: Platnium edition and Wolverine:Adamantium edition) They doubled boxed the items and surrounded it with packing peanuts.
    photo 2.jpg
    open box.jpg
    IST haul 4.jpg
    This is weird. I used to get peanuts all the time from them, but the last two (I think) times I've gotten the molded foam. Their stuff is always great, though.

Placed my first order with CGN last week (via Amazon Marketplace, because they were cheaper on there), and that's probably the best packaging I've gotten next to IST with the foam. It was just a bunch of newspaper (with the books in a plastic shopping bag to avoid ink smears) but it was packed solid. The paper held the box shape when I took it out.

Fantastic Member

My shipping stories arent as great as others here.

Had a seller on ebay not send a book I paid for. Money was refunded after opening a case without any trouble.

Ordered witzend from amazon. Came with a dinged up corner. Complained to customer service and got 50% additional discount.

Waiting on my order of Naja from wordery.com. ordered it a little over a week ago and they said it shipped in a day and dont know what is going on since their is no tracking info. Anyone e on how long it takes them to ship to america generally?

Waiting on an order from IST for Invisibles Deluxe Vol. 2 and the first two Godland Celestial Editions. Waited for IST to put the reprints of vol. 1 up on their site be for ordering but it seems this book has been holding the order up for over a week now. Thinking about emailing them to see what's up. They are always great and maybe it has to do with them moving g but the other two books are listed as pulled and ready to go.

With IST it may have to do with supply, assuming the book is popular. I ordered all the Batman Showcases they had when they were all $5-10 a few weeks ago, and it took over a week to ship because the first Brave & Bold volume was out of stock and they were waiting on their distributor. Once it did ship, though, it seemed to arrive sooner than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Waiting on my order of Naja from wordery.com. ordered it a little over a week ago and they said it shipped in a day and dont know what is going on since their is no tracking info. Anyone e on how long it takes them to ship to america generally?
    It took them almost a month to ship some of my books to Hungary (but some of them arrived in a week).

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    My shipping stories arent as great as others here.

Had a seller on ebay not send a book I paid for. Money was refunded after opening a case without any trouble.

Ordered witzend from amazon. Came with a dinged up corner. Complained to customer service and got 50% additional discount.

Waiting on an order from IST for Invisibles Deluxe Vol. 2 and the first two Godland Celestial Editions. Waited for IST to put the reprints of vol. 1 up on their site be for ordering but it seems this book has been holding the order up for over a week now. Thinking about emailing them to see what's up. They are always great and maybe it has to do with them moving g but the other two books are listed as pulled and ready to go.
    I have had the same issue in regards to IST holding up my order for a week and a half because they were temporarily out of Hellboy library editions vol 1. , vol 2. as well as fear agent vol 2.
    I contacted customer service, and they explained to me that because they are moving they have to re-order it from their distributor. Instead of holding up my order for those three books they sent out a partial shipment which i should be receiving today. They also explained to me that normally, they would give me an option of switching out books that are in the same price range , but because of the move i can either wait for the books or receive a refund. Ultimately, I decided to wait because i purchased these books during the Moving Sale with the extra 2% from a previous order and didn't want to lose the extra discount.

I think after the 28th (explained here http://www.instocktrades.com/moving.aspx) things should be back to normal

It would not hurt to email them. They respond back within the day

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    This is weird. I used to get peanuts all the time from them, but the last two (I think) times I've gotten the molded foam. Their stuff is always great, though.

Placed my first order with CGN last week (via Amazon Marketplace, because they were cheaper on there), and that's probably the best packaging I've gotten next to IST with the foam. It was just a bunch of newspaper (with the books in a plastic shopping bag to avoid ink smears) but it was packed solid. The paper held the box shape when I took it out.
    I never used CGN before and might use it for the first time next week. How long did it take for the books to get to you once your order was processed?

I placed the order on the 14th and it shipped the same day. The delivery window was August 21-September 8, and it arrived on the 21st.

Spectacular Member

comics.jpg

Just got a huge parcel from My Comic Shop. This was my biggest order ever - Fantastic Four by Hickman omni, Iron Man by Michelinie omni, Avengers Final Threat epic, Fantastic Four by Fraction 1 and 2 TPB (I've heard bad things, but wanted to still pick up where Hickman omni 2 will leave off). A heap of Donald Duck Adventures floppies for my other half (huge Disney nut), Seekers of the Weird HC and the Space Mountain graphic novel.

Because the items are all different sizes it must've been quite difficult to pack (Space Mountain being digest size or thereabouts, obviously the omnis being larger and the rest in between). As you can see, they were smart and had the hardcovers in their own sections and the two Fantastic Four trades and all the floppes together in two other sections. The problem was they packaged the Space Mountain digest and Avengers epic together (second from right). Whenever the package moved around or had pressure applied when everything was wrapped, it has left a lovely crease the entire length of the Epic Collection, that goes through the entire book from cover to cover, exactly where the other book had been sitting (as if the epic had bent its way around the form of the other book, if that makes sense). Every time I read the book, it bends in strange directions because of the creases right where my hands sit. Everything else was in great condition, but as far as I can see there's no reason why these two should have been sealed together in such a way. Second MCS shipment in a row that's had issues with damage due to packaging - still unsure if I should complain as they were quite rude when I contacted them last time.

Oh well, I have a IST shipment on the way, if that arrives perfectly I may switch over to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ru1880 View Post
    amazon.com to Spain

This is how I use to receive my amazon.com packages :

Enormous bag (I don't know yet why)

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-O...o/DSCF1142.JPG
    All my orders from My Comic Shop arrive in these bags. From my understanding, they're supposed to be removed for delivery but for some reason or another they never are (or so says a friend who works in the air freight business). Can anyone else confirm if they receive My Comic Shop parcels with these bags? Kind of strange/funny how we both experience it from different sellers and (at least in my case) no others
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 08-22-2014 at 08:58 PM.