Page 52 of 97 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolpherine View Post
    I won an auction yesterday for a Nova Vol. 6 tpb. I was ecstatic since the final price was <$30, which is ~$70 less than what I've normally seen it go for. This morning I got an email saying my money had been refunded. The seller attached a note saying "Sorry I cant sell for that cheap. all apologies." Now I'll have to look every day for another 6 months to find one.

Needless to say, I was extremely pissed. Negative feedback was given and curses were mumbled.
    That's happened to me before. Negative feedback and report them to eBay.

Amazing Member

Evidently today just isn't my day.

I received a package of 3 sealed omnis (Avengers Vol. 1 JRJR cover, Avengers Vol. 2 DM variant and X-Men by Claremont/Lee Vol. 1) I bought from an Ebay seller. They books were advertised as sealed and in perfect condition and they were in the pictures. However, due to the seller basically putting them in a box with 2-3 semi-inflated plastic bags (a.k.a. Amazon shipping), they all arrived with the sealing plastic ripped at various places and multiple corners dented.

I took pictures in case the seller wanted proof and messaged him, saying I think I deserved a partial refund.

The seller was very friendly/accommodating and ended up refunding 50% of the auction price.

Quote Originally Posted by wolpherine View Post
    Evidently today just isn't my day.

I received a package of 3 sealed omnis (Avengers Vol. 1 JRJR cover, Avengers Vol. 2 DM variant and X-Men by Claremont/Lee Vol. 1) I bought from an Ebay seller. They books were advertised as sealed and in perfect condition and they were in the pictures. However, due to the seller basically putting them in a box with 2-3 semi-inflated plastic bags (a.k.a. Amazon shipping), they all arrived with the sealing plastic ripped at various places and multiple corners dented.

I took pictures in case the seller wanted proof and messaged him, saying I think I deserved a partial refund.

The seller was very friendly/accommodating and ended up refunding 50% of the auction price.
    That is what I would expect from a decent seller. While he should have packed it better, he did the responsible thing and took some responsibility for it. Sucks that your books got dinged though!
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    That's happened to me before. Negative feedback and report them to eBay.
    Yeah, you did the right thing. If he didn't want it to sell so low, he should have listed a higher starting bid.
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

Advice needed!
    There is a book on abebooks from this seller: blackwell.co.uk but when I search the book on their website it says Out of stock. They don't sell it on any other marketplace (alibris, amazon) just on abebooks and there it says they have 1 copy.
    The book is oop but not a super rare white whale (Crusades hc from Humanoids)
    What do you think, they have the book but only sell it on abebooks or is it a mistake and they don't actually have any copies?

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Advice needed!
    There is a book on abebooks from this seller: blackwell.co.uk but when I search the book on their website it says Out of stock. They don't sell it on any other marketplace (alibris, amazon) just on abebooks and there it says they have 1 copy.
    The book is oop but not a super rare white whale (Crusades hc from Humanoids)
    What do you think, they have the book but only sell it on abebooks or is it a mistake and they don't actually have any copies?
    I'd say email them, or buy it then lower your expectations to getting your order cancelled and money refunded.

I received JSA Omnibus Vol 3 from instocktrades on Saturday and it has a big dent in it. It's not from the packaging, which as always is top notch, so it must've been damaged beforehand or during production somehow.

I emailed them Saturday but haven't heard back yet - has anyone else had experience returning an item to IST? How long do their responses usually take?

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    I received JSA Omnibus Vol 3 from instocktrades on Saturday and it has a big dent in it. It's not from the packaging, which as always is top notch, so it must've been damaged beforehand or during production somehow.

I emailed them Saturday but haven't heard back yet - has anyone else had experience returning an item to IST? How long do their responses usually take?
    I've returned two or three things to them, all paperbacks that had bent covers and/or pages. They usually do take a little while to respond to emails, but they always authorized a paid shipping label to send damaged items back and sent out replacement books without any problem. I would wait a couple of days and then email them again if you get no response by then.

Quote Originally Posted by ob1er View Post
    I've returned two or three things to them, all paperbacks that had bent covers and/or pages. They usually do take a little while to respond to emails, but they always authorized a paid shipping label to send damaged items back and sent out replacement books without any problem. I would wait a couple of days and then email them again if you get no response by then.
    Good to know, thanks! I shall be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    I'd say email them, or buy it then lower your expectations to getting your order cancelled and money refunded.
    just checked their website and it was in stock now (it said, in stock online maybe not in our shops), 3 pounds cheaper and I could use paypal (unlike on abebooks), so ordered it and we shall see what happens.

Spectacular Member

Caved in and bought Avengers by Busiek & Perez Omnibus vol.1 from Amazon.co.uk because my usual places (IST, TFAW, MCS) are already out of stock and other places have jacked their prices up. Have read that buying books from Amazon is not recommended due to poor packaging but some have reported their books were fine and I hoped for the best. Lo and behold after 3 weeks (ship to Malaysia) the package arrived with gaping holes to the corner of the boxes and the corners of the book are dented. No protection whatsoever. Any suggestions on what to do? Is the return process tedious for international buyers? Or do they offer refunds? Help?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mzqamarul View Post
    Caved in and bought Avengers by Busiek & Perez Omnibus vol.1 from Amazon.co.uk because my usual places (IST, TFAW, MCS) are already out of stock and other places have jacked their prices up. Have read that buying books from Amazon is not recommended due to poor packaging but some have reported their books were fine and I hoped for the best. Lo and behold after 3 weeks (ship to Malaysia) the package arrived with gaping holes to the corner of the boxes and the corners of the book are dented. No protection whatsoever. Any suggestions on what to do? Is the return process tedious for international buyers? Or do they offer refunds? Help?
    i've never returned a book. if the damage was minor, i just asked for partial refund. with a major damage, Amazon usually would say that seeing how sending the book back would be too expensive (which indeed it is, our postal rate are outrageous), i could keep (donate, dispose of) the damaged copy and get full refund or another copy.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    i've never returned a book. if the damage was minor, i just asked for partial refund. with a major damage, Amazon usually would say that seeing how sending the book back would be too expensive (which indeed it is, our postal rate are outrageous), i could keep (donate, dispose of) the damaged copy and get full refund or another copy.
    Same here. Airmail (to meet Amazon's 30 days deadline) would cost GBP50.. almost cost of the book itself. Totally absurd.
    Already chat with their customer service and got GBP10 refund. Reasonable considering the damage.
    Thanks for the assist zaboraviti.
    Time to bury my face in classic Avengers

Speedy Hen and Yodel

So Yodel thought it would be safe to leave a package on my doorstep in the middle of the day and not even drop a note through my letter box letting me know that it has been "delivered". I hadn't realised this had happened till a few days later when I queried Speedyhen as to where my delivery was, they chased up the couriers and found out what they had done. Speedyhen chased them up, sorted it all out and arranged a redelivery. Unfortunately short a few books as they no longer had them in stock and I needed them ASAP.

IT was fantastic customer service by Speedyhen and I'll be buying from them again... I just hope they use someone other than Yodel to deliver next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    Speedy Hen and Yodel

So Yodel thought it would be safe to leave a package on my doorstep in the middle of the day and not even drop a note through my letter box letting me know that it has been "delivered". I hadn't realised this had happened till a few days later when I queried Speedyhen as to where my delivery was, they chased up the couriers and found out what they had done. Speedyhen chased them up, sorted it all out and arranged a redelivery. Unfortunately short a few books as they no longer had them in stock and I needed them ASAP.

IT was fantastic customer service by Speedyhen and I'll be buying from them again... I just hope they use someone other than Yodel to deliver next time.
    they used to use MyHermes. the safe way with Yodel is requesting a signature, Wordery did that, so they couldn't leave the packages under my doormat like they did with the Paperbackshop and speedyhen deliveries.