Page 54 of 97 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    Just what I wanted to hear, books any have some absolutes I'm interested in, seems strange that they make any money only charging £2.80 postage though
    The downside is shipping from some of them take forever.

This is from my excel spreadsheet where I track international shipments (it's not weird, shut up)

They're getting faster but you can still be waiting the full 30 days sometimes.

Plumcircle books have some kind of agreement with a shipping company in france, so anything you order from them shouldn't take more than 10 days to 2 weeks, which is awesome.

Books_any take longer, and sometimes they send you the wrong package or lose your stuff. They once sent me some book on american presidents instead of the AOA Companion Omnibus I ordered …

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Other topic: starting to get fed up with pbshop/Paperbackshop UK. It took them 2 weeks to deliver 2 Tintin hardcovers, and according to rakuten they had 10 copies/book in stock. After a week I emailed them if they ever gonna despatch my books or what and only then I got a despatch email. Then it took almost a week to arrive and both books have some dents on the corners.
    Same delay happened with my Big Damns Sin city but that came via currier so it arrived unscratched.
    I used to purchase a lot from paperbackshop, until one day I received damaged book and it took them forever to reply my messages, and then more than a month for refund..

Just what I wanted to hear, books any have some absolutes I'm interested in, seems strange that they make any money only charging £2.80 postage though
    I have no problem with books_any so far. Delivery can take almost a month, depends; they have warehouses from all over the place I guess. Once I got an order sent from Belgium..

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    This is from my excel spreadsheet where I track international shipments (it's not weird, shut up)
    You're weird

Quote Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    They once sent me some book on american presidents instead of the AOA Companion Omnibus I ordered …
    You mean this one?

All-New Member

Double posted on accident.
    Last edited by TheSoap; 07-15-2015 at 10:21 PM.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Tfaw's packaging is superb and IST has a very good trackrecord as well, so they are basically the same I think. Are you in the US, UK or somewhere else?
    I'm in Mexico, so shipping is very expensive. Though this is compensated by the current 40% discount and it ends up being cheaper then retail price even with the shipping.

I've read that IST can take a while to process orders on the thread, so this incline me to use TFAW. IST also uses USPS while TFAW uses UPS apparently.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madhouse View Post
    You mean this one?
    no, it wasn't even a comic. It was some hardback book about thomas jefferson. i wasn't impressed.

now i know you shouldn't get charged import duty on books coming into the UK but can anyone who has ordered books from the US via Amazon confirm this?
    Not via Amazon but i have done via other shippers and no VAT is charged. But to keep things simple make sure you only order books. If you want to buy statues etc make sure that is a separate shipment.

All-New Member

now i know you shouldn't get charged import duty on books coming into the UK but can anyone who has ordered books from the US via Amazon confirm this?
    I don't live in the UK, but I ordered books, DVDs and Blu rays from amazon US and only payed taxes one time. Weird because I haven't had to pay taxes on DVDs or Blu rays since then. But book definitely don't pay import duty.

Spectacular Member Lake Nowhere's Avatar

Maybe this has been discussed already, but I just noticed it today: Cheap Graphic Novels has doubled their shipping price? LAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    Maybe this has been discussed already, but I just noticed it today: Cheap Graphic Novels has doubled their shipping price? LAME.
    Doubled?

I see $7.99. I guess it did go up from $6.99 when I last ordered.

Fantastic Member

My last order was at 7.99, up from 6.99.

I wouldn't be surprised if they upped it more. Every order I have ever placed with them has cost them at least $20 to ship, so their profit margin per book, which must be pretty slim as it is, is cut even further by people like me who order 3 or more omnibuses at a time. My last order was the 3 JSA volumes and Annihilation Conquest. That was well over $20 to ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    Doubled?

I see $7.99. I guess it did go up from $6.99 when I last ordered.
    I just ordered, and it went up from $7.99 to $14 for low-speed media mail. Maybe it was a glitch?
    Last edited by Lake Nowhere; 07-20-2015 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    I just ordered, and it went up from $7.99 to $14 for low-speed media mail. Maybe it was a glitch?
    That is odd. Was there a specialty item that raised the shipping price?

As Liven mentioned and for any of my past orders, no matter how many books were in the order it was a flat price of $6.99 (now $7.99).

Shoot Max an email over at CGN to find out why.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnibus View Post
    That is odd. Was there a specialty item that raised the shipping price?

As Liven mentioned and for any of my past orders, no matter how many books were in the order it was a flat price of $6.99 (now $7.99).

Shoot Max an email over at CGN to find out why.
    I emailed CGN and it turns out it was just some weird computer glitch. They've already refunded my $7.99. Great customer service over there!