Page 55 of 97 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

I swear, TFAW's shippping is the worst. I have better luck with Amazon and B&N. My most recent order was only two books, and it wasn't wrapped even in a bubble mailer, but a tightly bound piece of plastic. And every time I complain to them they simply blame the post office for the damage and tell me I should file a claim with them instead.
    PhotoGrid_1437529287705.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by downinthezero View Post
    I swear, TFAW's shippping is the worst. I have better luck with Amazon and B&N. My most recent order was only two books, and it wasn't wrapped even in a bubble mailer, but a tightly bound piece of plastic. And every time I complain to them they simply blame the post office for the damage and tell me I should file a claim with them instead.
    wow. i've never seen them do that before.

Fantastic Member

when TFAW send me just one book, a tpb or a thin hardcover, they use this cardboard envelope (much sturdier than the one Amazon uses)

for multiple and/or oversized (and/or heavy) items they use boxes and lots and lots of peanuts. this is what i got today, for instance: one bobblehead toy and one library edition

Last edited by zaboraviti; 07-22-2015 at 04:51 AM.

oh gods...
    I have a friend who got a DC deluxe in a plastic envelope and they said because it was a n&d book.
    Still, if it's a nice enough looking book and especially a deluxe hc (from a comicbook shop mind you, so they should be aware that these things going on a shelf) they should package it somewhat safely at least.
    I only order bigger, bit pricier books from them because otherwise the shipping just not worth it and they always packaged them very, very safely.

Incredible Member

I like TFAW decent enough, but don't take that **** from them. They agree to certain policies with the provider of the online payment system they use, of which credit card providers force certain terms. It is their responsibility to either accept a return from you, provide you a full refund, or negotiate some kind of partial refund with you. It is not your job to file a claim with the post office or whatever carrier they used in a case like this where it's simply shitty packaging. If they don't accept a return from you, provide you a full refund, or negotiate some kind of partial refund with you because of torn packaging and extra damage to the book, then file a charge back with your credit card company and provide them your correspondence with TFAW and pictures of the packaging. TFAW will change their tune real fast.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    oh gods...
    I have a friend who got a DC deluxe in a plastic envelope and they said because it was a n&d book.
    I bet that's what it is. The hardcover was a nick and dent copy of Akira Club. After removing the books from the package only one corner was scuffed/bent. It's a small enough defect that I can live with it, especially for a n&d item, but it makes me hesitant to make future orders with them.

I bet that's what it is. The hardcover was a nick and dent copy of Akira Club. After removing the books from the package only one corner was scuffed/bent. It's a small enough defect that I can live with it, especially for a n&d item, but it makes me hesitant to make future orders with them.
    Buy only bigger books from them, they gonna package it securely no matter if it's n&d.

Ordered a book from Wonder books (USA) on sunday and they cancelled it today. A bit bummed out since it's an oop book (Alec hc). Anybody has any experience with Wonder books? If they do this frequently I won't even bother to order from them ever again.

Ordered the War of Kings hardcover from Amazon seller quality7. Paid $51 +3.99 shipping. Unfortunatelythey omitted a tracking number and its been a month and I still have yet to recieve it. I sent them two emails letting them know I hadn't recieved it yet and dissect the root cause. The first response was they verified my address and let me know that shipping can take up to 6-14 days and that sometimes it can get lost in the mail but "that sure is rare." No explanation was given to why no tracking was attatched but whatever they were polite enough in a southern kind if way. So I waited a week and still have nothing to show for it. I email them letting them know it hasn't arrived. They send me a reply thats a copy and paste from the first time. I'm a little ticked off now. I just sent a pretty angry message demanding my money back. Hopefully he will comply but regardless I wanted to give you all the heads up to not buy anything from them.

Ordered two books from Retinal Delights on amazon, and both orders were just as described and packaged well. Recommended!
    Epic things: "TOPANGA" (GHA), Jaxson & Zefferson (PRO), Lucas (SHEL)

To follow up on my above post I received this reply this morning.

"We will issue you a full refund since it looks like this book was most likely lost during delivery (it's rare, but it does sometimes happen). We are going to send you a delivery insurance form to the same address. Please read, sign, and return it to us. We will issue a full refund upon receipt of the signed form."

Is this a common practice? I've never heard of this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Busby View Post
    To follow up on my above post I received this reply this morning.

"We will issue you a full refund since it looks like this book was most likely lost during delivery (it's rare, but it does sometimes happen). We are going to send you a delivery insurance form to the same address. Please read, sign, and return it to us. We will issue a full refund upon receipt of the signed form."

Is this a common practice? I've never heard of this before.
    Never heard about such thing before.
    My opinion: you paid for the book, didn't receive it, they admitted it so they should give you your money back without any fuss. You shouldn't spend any money and/or time returning some papers to them to get your refund. Because at the end of the day you gonna end up with nothing but you had to go to the post office (and maybe pay for the postage of that paper) for that nothing.

Thank you Balakin.

Mighty Member

Can anyone tell me if amazon ships their absolutes inside the box they are originally in? Usually avoid amazon like the plague for obvious reasons, but that extra protection would probably ensure a safe delivery. Just recently got into absolutes and all star superman and long halloween are OOS at IST, although i imaging those are more than likely still going to continue to be printed.

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if amazon ships their absolutes inside the box they are originally in? Usually avoid amazon like the plague for obvious reasons, but that extra protection would probably ensure a safe delivery. Just recently got into absolutes and all star superman and long halloween are OOS at IST, although i imaging those are more than likely still going to continue to be printed.
    It has been the case for me (back in the days when I ordered from them).