Page 56 of 97 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast

Just got my Fear Agent Library Edition Vol. 2 from Amazon today. The box actually arrived mostly opened from FedEx. Front cover is scuffed, it's not horrible but still pisses me off. They boxed it with a toy train for my 2 1/2 year old son that is supposed to move around and blow bubbles. Tha train is all fvcked up and won't work. The box honestly looked like it had a bowling ball dropped on it from 30 feet. smdh.

All-New Member

Got my Green Lantern Omnibus Delivered from IST vol 1 and 2 in pretty bad shape.I had to send them back. I was pretty surprise because usually they pack well enough to avoid these issues

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pgunz3 View Post
    Got my Green Lantern Omnibus Delivered from IST vol 1 and 2 in pretty bad shape.I had to send them back. I was pretty surprise because usually they pack well enough to avoid these issues
    So what was the problem? Insufficient packaging? Extra damage to their usual packaging? Or just a bad batch of books stuck in their normal packaging?

Amazing Member

I bought the Morning Glories Compendium in February, but it was damaged. I finally complained in July and got a new copy at the beginning of this month. It came a few days late and I got a refund before it came. I then told Book Depository about the late arrival and offered to repay them and they told me to contact Amazon. I did that and they twice promised to charge my debit card, but have yet to do so. What should I do? Contact them again or leave the situation as it is?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    So what was the problem? Insufficient packaging? Extra damage to their usual packaging? Or just a bad batch of books stuck in their normal packaging?

Books looked like they were tossed around.I never got books this damaged before from them

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pgunz3 View Post
    Books looked like they were tossed around.I never got books this damaged before from them
    I get that they look tossed around and are damaged. But did they not put foam blocks or enough packing peanuts in the box? Did the box get busted at some point during transit? Or was the packaging fine but the books were damaged, indicating they may have sold you bad books out of the warehouse that never should have been sold in the first place. I'm just genuinely curious.

I get that they look tossed around and are damaged. But did they not put foam blocks or enough packing peanuts in the box? Did the box get busted at some point during transit? Or was the packaging fine but the books were damaged, indicating they may have sold you bad books out of the warehouse that never should have been sold in the first place. I'm just genuinely curious.
    Im guessing it was damaged in shipping since they both were bad. Or they resold some return copies.

Strangely ive gotten 2 hardcovers with no shrink wrap from them. They were both fine but its strange when all the hardcovers ive gotten from various thirdparty sellers on amazon and other places always had the wrap. It was the black mirror and justice league vol 2 n52.

I also wish they would update the site to say it takes more like a week for your order to ship if a book is out of stock instead of the written 3 day Max. Its always taken 5 to 7 days for me when some is out of stock.

But I still go to them more than anywhere else.

So there is no "cancel" button on the ForbiddenPlanet.co.uk website, I guess I should email them to cancel my preorder because I found a cheaper option. My concerns are:
    a.) they refuse to cancel and I end up with two copies
    b.) wait for them to confirm the cancellation and the cheaper option goes away while I'm waiting

Also, there is no release date for the book on the website, no preorder status, nothing, just that it's on backorder (Ms Marvel ohc).
    This situation is a bit annoying, my only consolation is that the packaging probably gonna be very secure (when they eventually dispatch the book).

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    So there is no "cancel" button on the ForbiddenPlanet.co.uk website, I guess I should email them to cancel my preorder because I found a cheaper option. My concerns are:
    a.) they refuse to cancel and I end up with two copies
    b.) wait for them to confirm the cancellation and the cheaper option goes away while I'm waiting

Also, there is no release date for the book on the website, no preorder status, nothing, just that it's on backorder (Ms Marvel ohc).
    This situation is a bit annoying, my only consolation is that the packaging probably gonna be very secure (when they eventually dispatch the book).
    I used to order all my stuff through FP until I discovered how much cheaper speedyhen was, and I cancelled stuff via email with them loads of times and with no problem, would normally take about a day to get a reply off them

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I used to order all my stuff through FP until I discovered how much cheaper speedyhen was, and I cancelled stuff via email with them loads of times and with no problem, would normally take about a day to get a reply off them
    thanks! since my order status was empty I took the risk, bought the book elsewhere and cancelled my preorder. Hope it works out (if not, one of my friends gonna have a cheap copy of the Ms Marvel ohc).

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Im guessing it was damaged in shipping since they both were bad. Or they resold some return copies.

Strangely ive gotten 2 hardcovers with no shrink wrap from them. They were both fine but its strange when all the hardcovers ive gotten from various thirdparty sellers on amazon and other places always had the wrap. It was the black mirror and justice league vol 2 n52.

I also wish they would update the site to say it takes more like a week for your order to ship if a book is out of stock instead of the written 3 day Max. Its always taken 5 to 7 days for me when some is out of stock.

But I still go to them more than anywhere else.
    I just ordered The Black Mirror from IST as well and it was the only HC I got from them that was not sealed. Guessing that is probably how it is sold since more than one person has gotten unsealed copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I just ordered The Black Mirror from IST as well and it was the only HC I got from them that was not sealed. Guessing that is probably how it is sold since more than one person has gotten unsealed copies.
    Ahh ok that sits a little better with me. But I still am confused about my new52 justice league vol 2 hc being unsealed. Vol 1 was. And all 6 of the batman hc were sealed. Its no big deal just makes me wonder.

All-New Member

It was packed with foam blocks. and still in shrink wrap and the box was not damaged, but once I opened the box complete different story.I'm guessing who ever packed it did not really care to look but It wasn't something they could miss

Incredible Member

Do you have to pay to return things to Amazon.com, especially if you're international (Aussie, in my case)? I've got a book on the way to me that I forgot to cancel and $50 is a lot for a book you don't particularly want, so this will be my first return.

When I started this thread I wrote reviews about a lot of sellers, one of them was World of books and they seemed like an OK one, putting books in cardboard envelopes. Today DD End of days ohc arrived from them in a plastic bag with no protection whatsoever in"very good" condition rather than the promised "like new". Not enough to complain but very annoying. Plastic bags are only acceptable if you meet the buyer in person 10 minutes from your house in a relatively sunny day, temperature around 20 Celsius. But not for bloody international shipping which takes 2 weeks at least!!!
    I would only recommend them if you can get the book for a ridiculous price (like I got Ronin deluxe for 5,5 pounds from thriftshop USA. It was such a bargain I couldn't care less about the packaging and it arrived only with a few minor bumps).