Page 57 of 97 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

How do replacements work at ist? After I contact them and they okay the exchange I put it back in the original box and take it to the post office anduse the original shipping label? And do they send the replacement right away or do I have to wait for them do get my damaged copy first? And do they ship it faster than normal?

Im asking because my copy of Johns gl vol 2 came into today and the quite a few of the pages in the back have a crease running down the middle of the pages and some of the pages were stuck togather furthur damaging the pages. Definitely a printing problem. Also has anyone else noticed the paper stock in vol 1 is diffrent than vol 2? Vol 1 has the normal great glossy pages that makes the art pop and vol 2 has gritty pages with no gloss. Can you guys check your copies and let me k ow if this is just how vol 2 is or if its another error. I only have 48 hours to make the claim
    Which im going to either way for the creases in the back pages but would like to know about the paper stock to let them k ow about that if its wrong aswell. Thanks.

All-New Member

IST waits to receives the damaged books before sending out the replacement copy.So usually a week and half is the wait time

Spectacular Member

Hey folks, started trying to read through the thread but couldnt really find a definitive answer...

Im visiting the States in Oct/Nov and was planning on visiting Pulp Fiction in LA (visited them last year and was impressed with the prices). However my one spare day in LA is a Tuesday, which is the day both their stores are closed. As an alternative i am thinking of placing an order with IST and getting it shipped to one of my upcoming hotels. I obviously wouldnt want something to show up once I've already departed, so was wondering if people could chime in with how long delivery usually takes for them thanks in advance!

Argh, Amazon does it again. Unlike the absolute all star superman which came in its own cardbox within the amazon box, Absolute batman incorporated just came in a box too big with crappy packing and the bottom corner is bashed and the book is damaged as well. Time for a return. Wish chapters here in Canada didnt just recently bump the price on the book or I would have bought it there...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Hey folks, started trying to read through the thread but couldnt really find a definitive answer...

Im visiting the States in Oct/Nov and was planning on visiting Pulp Fiction in LA (visited them last year and was impressed with the prices). However my one spare day in LA is a Tuesday, which is the day both their stores are closed. As an alternative i am thinking of placing an order with IST and getting it shipped to one of my upcoming hotels. I obviously wouldnt want something to show up once I've already departed, so was wondering if people could chime in with how long delivery usually takes for them thanks in advance!
    IST's turn around time to California, in my experience, is usually about a week. But they ship via Media Mail so if there's a delay in the mail system, it might take two weeks or longer. If there's a delay in getting part of your order from Diamond, that could also bump it to 2+ weeks. You could pay extra for FedEx Ground shipping, which is supposed to be a 4 day delivery if there are no delays filling the order and no delays on the ground route to California. I would give yourself at least a 2 week cushion to play it safe.

Bought the Squadron Supreme omni from the Book bin through alibris. The book arrived in the described condition, packaging was suitable for that book (similar to bookdepository or speedyhen's) and shipping was 2 weeks from the US. They had the cheapest price and I have no complaints about their service so so far I would recommend buying books from them.

I have to highly recommend avoiding CheapGraphicNovels.com.

I recently received an extremely damaged item from them. Instead of being professional and apologetic about my return request, they were petty, difficult, and rude. Not only was I accountable for the return shipping, but they refused to refund the initial shipping; leaving my out $15 for a damaged item.

As a seller, take it up with USPS if you feel you aren't responsible. To the buyer it's all transparent, a damaged item is damaged; I don't know or care by whom. Just poor customer service all around.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post

I recently received an extremely damaged item from them. Instead of being professional and apologetic about my return request, they were petty, difficult, and rude. Not only was I accountable for the return shipping, but they refused to refund the initial shipping; leaving my out $15 for a damaged item.

As a seller, take it up with USPS if you feel you aren't responsible. To the buyer it's all transparent, a damaged item is damaged; I don't know or care by whom. Just poor customer service all around.
    Ive heard various bad things about them. Ive never used them myself but unfortunley they have many oop books so I may end up giving them a shot.

Incredible Member

Try to take it up with your credit card company or PayPal. They often set retailers straight.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mtop2036 View Post
    Ive heard various bad things about them. Ive never used them myself but unfortunley they have many oop books so I may end up giving them a shot.
    You know why they have a lot of OOP books? Because once they see a book is going OOP they jack up the price astronomically on the stock they have left.

They're allowed to do that, whether that jacked up price is below cover, cover or way above cover. It's a free market.

I prefer to support retailers like InStockTrades who just sell what they have and provide consistent pricing rather than hanging on to the last few Omnibuses and trying to charge a jacked up price.

All-New Member

Thinking of ordering through Speedyhen. Any feedback would be great. Was going to go through IST but the shipping costs takes away any savings

Much prefer IST over CGN. Every time I have inquired about CGN's trade in program, they have come up with an excuse that they are behind on orders and the they cannot get to my request any time soon. After trying for over a year, I just gave up. I really try to avoid ordering from them.

If you cannot offer a service, don't offer it. It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by y2afuk77 View Post
    Thinking of ordering through Speedyhen. Any feedback would be great. Was going to go through IST but the shipping costs takes away any savings
    they are fast and cheap but their packaging could be a bit weak sometimes. Depends on what you are buying but be prepared for slightly bumped corners. Check out wordery, their packiging is sometimes better, especially when you order multiple hc-s. I usually stick with speedyhen because of their prices.

So after opening a case with PayPal in hopes of getting my $8 shipping refunded, CGN jumped on it and pushed it to a claim, trying to weasel out of any accountability for the damaged item.

What's funny is, they continually point the finger at USES while simultaneously citing their "bomb proof" packaging. If it's so rugged, then the book would have had to been damaged prior to shipping, right? Makes no sense. Anyway, PayPal sided with me and refunded the $8 shipping.

CGN, being the pillar of professionalism that they are, has now seemingly blocked my router IP address from accessing their website, as if I would even entertain ordering from them again.

Incredible Member

So after opening a case with PayPal in hopes of getting my $8 shipping refunded, CGN jumped on it and pushed it to a claim, trying to weasel out of any accountability for the damaged item.

What's funny is, they continually point the finger at USES while simultaneously citing their "bomb proof" packaging. If it's so rugged, then the book would have had to been damaged prior to shipping, right? Makes no sense. Anyway, PayPal sided with me and refunded the $8 shipping.

CGN, being the pillar of professionalism that they are, has now seemingly blocked my router IP address from accessing their website, as if I would even entertain ordering from them again.
    The joke is on them when your IP# happens to reset, or you connect to the internet literally any other way!

Pathetic.