Page 60 of 97 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    usually there is express delivery that may be the solution although probably it's not available with preorders. Maybe it worth an email when you preorder next time.
    Mine only has a small dent on one of the corners, nothing to complain about just a mild annoyance.
    that's the problem, these books aren't cheap and yet we put up with small dents and make excuses for them because they are cheap, if they packaged them properly they should arrive in pristine condition, i may go back to FP if i get anymore problems, and i hope they don't offer me a discount, i want a perfect copy not a couple of quid off

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    that's the problem, these books aren't cheap and yet we put up with small dents and make excuses for them because they are cheap, if they packaged them properly they should arrive in pristine condition, i may go back to FP if i get anymore problems, and i hope they don't offer me a discount, i want a perfect copy not a couple of quid off
    understandable and absolutely agree.

anybody got a despatch email from FP since Black friday? It was more than a week ago and I still haven't got a despatch email (got one for another item that was on preorder since October)

had a replacement sent out for my damaged goon LE (was told not to bother sending the old one back and to do with it what i want) only for my replacement to arrive in worse condition that the 1st one, have told them not to bother sending yet another copy i just want my cash back, with these big books a simple wrapping of cardboard is not good enough they need boxing, a simple box would of saved them the £36 they have wasted on two damaged books

My most anticipated book of the year arrives (The Goon) only for all corners to be dented and dust cover creased, I am getting increasingly pissed off by speedyhens packaging, usually just a cardboard wrap around, smaller books come in cardboard mailers and these are usually ok, but for big books this flimsy cardboard they put them in is not good enough, I know speedyhen are cheap, but in the email I fired off to them asking for a replacement I said I would happily pay a quid or two more just for them to come in proper boxes with some padding, they could at least offer the choice on checkout
    Speedy Hen are Garbage, I have been using Forbidden Planet International for a couple of years now & I think they are the best site in the UK for pre-ordering books. Probably the best packaging with multiple books being bubble wrapped & boxed tightly with packing peanuts, they are also very reasonably priced often giving 30% off on pre-orders, postage charges are £1 a book & mainly ship next day by DHL although smaller single items ship via Royal Mail. In 2 years I haven't had to send anything back including large items like Omnibus, Absolute, Artist Editions & I'm extremely fussy.
    Last edited by rac shade; 12-08-2015 at 11:16 AM.

How good is cheapgraphicnovels deliveries? I wanna order Bone the complete volume and some Gotham Central from them but would like some feedback on how they treat their deliveries.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    How good is cheapgraphicnovels deliveries? I wanna order Bone the complete volume and some Gotham Central from them but would like some feedback on how they treat their deliveries.
    CGN packs really well. Your books will be completely encased in newspaper inside a Diamond distributor box so it is really thick cardboard.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by rac shade View Post
    Speedy Hen are Garbage, I have been using Forbidden Planet International for a couple of years now & I think they are the best site in the UK for pre-ordering books. Probably the best packaging with multiple books being bubble wrapped & boxed tightly with packing peanuts, they are also very reasonably priced often giving 30% off on pre-orders, postage charges are £1 a book & mainly ship next day by DHL although smaller single items ship via Royal Mail. In 2 years I haven't had to send anything back including large items like Omnibus, Absolute, Artist Editions & I'm extremely fussy.
    I once had a book rammed into one of those envelopes that was so big that both ends had split wide open and the person put one bit of tape on each end but didn't actually close the splits at all. Amazingly the book was in perfect condition. Fate was with me that day because the odds of that things not having something happen to it were minuscule.

had a replacement sent out for my damaged goon LE (was told not to bother sending the old one back and to do with it what i want) only for my replacement to arrive in worse condition that the 1st one, have told them not to bother sending yet another copy i just want my cash back, with these big books a simple wrapping of cardboard is not good enough they need boxing, a simple box would of saved them the £36 they have wasted on two damaged books
    honestly, you should go back to FP. It's not much more expensive and the few pounds you save at Speedyhen don't worth all the hassle and irritation. Also as far as I can tell your budget won't be screwed if you switch to FP unlike mine (well not really screwed but I like to spend as much as I can :P )

Mighty Member

honestly, you should go back to FP. It's not much more expensive and the few pounds you save at Speedyhen don't worth all the hassle and irritation. Also as far as I can tell your budget won't be screwed if you switch to FP unlike mine (well not really screwed but I like to spend as much as I can :P )
    I always am willing to spend a little more to know my books will arrive safely. My OCD can't handle it. I bought Absolute All Star Superman a few weeks back of amazon and paid ~$10 more from CGN than another seller cause I knew I would receive it intact. On a side note, has anyone else realized CGN often has there books slightly cheaper with cheaper shipping on Amazon? Lol. I've bought 2 absolutes now at a discount from there regular sight and only 3.99 shipping to boot.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    I always am willing to spend a little more to know my books will arrive safely. My OCD can't handle it. I bought Absolute All Star Superman a few weeks back of amazon and paid ~$10 more from CGN than another seller cause I knew I would receive it intact. On a side note, has anyone else realized CGN often has there books slightly cheaper with cheaper shipping on Amazon? Lol. I've bought 2 absolutes now at a discount from there regular sight and only 3.99 shipping to boot.
    But that's for 1 book. CGN shipping is $8 for the whole order. I've put in orders in the past where I get the packages and the media mail charge on it is over $20 (2 smaller Boxes encased in a larger box - multiple omnis), but I only paid $8. My guess is they use Amazon for selling single books, as they probably don't get many 1-book orders at their own site.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Liven View Post
    But that's for 1 book. CGN shipping is $8 for the whole order. I've put in orders in the past where I get the packages and the media mail charge on it is over $20 (2 smaller Boxes encased in a larger box - multiple omnis), but I only paid $8. My guess is they use Amazon for selling single books, as they probably don't get many 1-book orders at their own site.
    Ah, good point. I almost exclusively use IST so when I shop amazon or CGN it's usually just for one book in particular that's OOS there.

they are just too random, Rat Queens and Izombie arrived in perfect condition, but it looks like they are going to chance the Goon for a 3rd time

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    In my experience, CGN is more risky than IST, especially the heavier the book/package you order. The last two orders I've gotten from them have had crushed corners on the heavier books in the package, and it looks like damaged incurred during shipping. CGN essentially wraps your books in a plastic bag, and then surrounds them with lots of crumpled up newspaper. It's usually effective, but does allow for the potential for more damage than what IST uses.

The other negative about CGN is that they make you pay for shipping when you return an item to them, and I think they even charge you another shipping fee if you want a replacement sent out. In other words, they seem to try to discourage returns and replacements.

I totally second that, and for almost three years now the quality of my sleep has much improved!