Page 7 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mars View Post
    I placed the order on the 14th and it shipped the same day. The delivery window was August 21-September 8, and it arrived on the 21st.
    Just wanted to add to this (CGN via Amazon Marketplace). I just placed another order and while it was just one book, I got the shipped email 32 minutes after I placed the order.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

I once bought the Sentinel of Liberty HC from Amazon for £6 and found it was damaged upon arrival. I figured it was so cheap already I wouldn't go to the effort of complaining over a couple of damaged corners, as the integrity of the book inside was fine.

Fantastic Member

Got Naja from wordery.com. came packaged amazon style in just a cardboard folder with no packaging material and has dented corners.
    20140827_132439.jpg
    20140827_132511.jpg
    20140827_132520.jpg

Some random fun with amazon customer service that was shared with me on facebook. image.jpg
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    Got Naja from wordery.com. came packaged amazon style in just a cardboard folder with no packaging material and has dented corners.
    20140827_132439.jpg
    20140827_132511.jpg
    20140827_132520.jpg
    A little off-topic, but is it oversized?

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bob fett View Post
    I'm in the same boat with IST.I ordered a few Hellboy books that were on sale,and some have not been picked or scanned. I've had nothing but great service with them,but I would like some communication.
    Like you I ordered Hellboy and Fear Agent. I emailed IST and was told that they had to re-order the books from their distributor. B/C of the move they gave me a choice of a refund , or the option to wait. I think after today things should go back to normal.

If you are still concerned here is the link to email here customer.service@instocktrades.com. They always get back to you within the day

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    Some random fun with amazon customer service that was shared with me on facebook.
    That made me smile.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    Like you I ordered Hellboy and Fear Agent. I emailed IST and was told that they had to re-order the books from their distributor. B/C of the move they gave me a choice of a refund , or the option to wait. I think after today things should go back to normal.

If you are still concerned here is the link to email here customer.service@instocktrades.com. They always get back to you within the day
    FYI, they also got back to my today and essentially explained that some books are being fulfilled from one side of the mailhouse move and some from the other, which is causing some delays that are now exacerbated by a Diamond issue. All pretty reasonable and they were very friendly about it. Happy to wait a few more days until they work it all out.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

I received my order of absolute sandman vol. 2-4 from barnes&noble today. They were shipped separately with vol. 3 in one box and 2&4 in another.

Both boxes arrived in terrible condition but the protective white shipping box that all absolutes should be shipped in took all the bruises for volume 3.

2&4 on the other hand were shipped without the white box and without any other packaging whatsoever. This is the result

The box:
    image.jpg

Volume 2:
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Volume 4:
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

So I'd have to rate my experiences with B&N's as negative.

Oh yeah, it also took over a month for the books to arrive.

I'm going to be asking for a replacement or refund. Hopefully they'll pay shipping.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 08-29-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post

So I'd have to rate my experiences with B&N's as negative.

Oh yeah, it also took over a month for the books to arrive.

I'm going to be asking for a replacement or refund. Hopefully they'll pay shipping.
    Were they discounted at least? I would go for a refund, the damage is not horribly bad (don't get me wrong, it's heartbreaking even to look at it but could have been worse) and I doubt the replacement would get more protection. B&N is even more famous for their bad packaging than Amazon.

I'm going for a replacement. If they arrive damaged I might just compare the two orders and pick the less damaged one.

Volume 3 shipped in its white box, so I'm not sure why vols. 2&4 didn't.

Extraordinary Member

Just received Sex Criminals/Black Widow from Amazon. Came in great condition as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post

The box:
    image.jpg
    Who was the carrier? I'd contact them as well. That damage absolutely looks intentional.

The carrier was ups ( and I guess canada post once it crossed the border). I'm not going to waste my time contacting them, all they'll do is issue a standard corporate apology.