Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1452
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Has anyone ordered an Absolute from the amazon.co.uk marketplace seller ARTSnCRAFTS~Books (previously books_any)?

I ask because I want to know whether they send you the Absolute in its original "box" or not.
    I ordered an Absolute from them a couple days ago and I'll post back here when it shows up.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Fantastic, thanks drd!

I was just wondering about them and bwb (I think they are the same company) how long should it take them to ship and about the packaging. Maybe if I order a bigger package I get a better service or at least better packaging than if I just order like one omnibus? Some of their prices are too good compared to UK prices.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I was just wondering about them and bwb (I think they are the same company) how long should it take them to ship and about the packaging. Maybe if I order a bigger package I get a better service or at least better packaging than if I just order like one omnibus? Some of their prices are too good compared to UK prices.
    I've ordered plenty of paperbacks from them as their usually the cheapest on the marketplace, they always come in one of those bubblewrap padded envelops, the down side is they usually take several weeks to show up. I've never ordered anything bigger than a paperback from them before but they were the cheapest by a massive margin so I gave it a punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    If you order more than one item, each will be shipped separately and each will have a separate shipping cost (£2.80 ea. to UK and £4.02 ea. to Europe).

I purchased a "New" Absolute from BWB some time ago. It came without the original box and the Slipcase had a slightly squashed corner or two. Not great, but it was a good price. I won't, however, be ordering from them again.

I don't know if they are the same company but I've had mixed success with ARTSnCRAFTS. I ordered 2 Omnibuses from them a couple of years back. One arrived within 2 weeks in perfect nick, the other after a month or so with a couple of slightly squashed corners. After some hassle emailing them back and forth, they refunded me 20%. My brother has ordered several items from them and he's also had 50/50 success with them as well as having problems in getting adequate refunding/replacements.

I'm willing to give ARTSnCRAFTS another try if they send Absolutes in the original "box" and/or the Slipcase & book itself are in perfect condition. Let's see how it goes for drd.

Thanks guys I think I will just pay a bit more for faster and more secure delivery.

I've ordered with ARTSnCRAFTS a couple of times now. This week the last two books arrived from an order. More then a week too late. The other two were just in time. The condition is great. Good package. And that was with al their books. But I've also read stories about damaged goods from others. But that is not my experience. And since they are late I'll get my shippingcosts back. An other order didn't arrive at all. So they sent one of the two again, the other wasn't available anymore. I've got my money back for that one. And for the one that is send again I'll get my shippingcosts back.
    I've also ordered two books with bwb at the same time. Those haven't arrived yet. More than a week too late. When I wrote a mail to them the response came from the same person as ARTSnCRAFTS. The costumer service for both companies is at least the same.
    tmp_6145-20170204_120440-1258953649.jpg
    tmp_6145-20170204_120625-1468379305.jpg
    Last edited by JPAR; 02-04-2017 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    I've ordered with ARTSnCRAFTS a couple of times now. This week the last two books arrived from an order. More then a week too late. The other two were just in time. The condition is great. Good package. And that was with al their books. But I've also read stories about damaged goods from others. But that is not my experience. And since they are late I'll get my shippingcosts back. An other order didn't arrive at all. So they sent one of the two again, the other wasn't available anymore. I've got my money back for that one. And for the one that is send again I'll get my shippingcosts back.
    I've also ordered two books with bwb at the same time. Those haven't arrived yet. More than a week too late. When I wrote a mail to them the response came from the same person as ARTSnCRAFTS. The costumer service for both companies is at least the same.
    tmp_6145-20170204_120440-1258953649.jpg
    tmp_6145-20170204_120625-1468379305.jpg
    thanks for the input. That's just too much trouble and stress for me to save a couple of quid.

Incredible Member

Well my copy of Silver Age Flash Volume 2 from Speedyhen showed up with a torn dust jacket and mangled corner, now I get to faff around returning that/

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Well my copy of Silver Age Flash Volume 2 from Speedyhen showed up with a torn dust jacket and mangled corner, now I get to faff around returning that/
    yeah they are unpredictable but imagine that arriving from overseas and then dealing with return or just getting it from somewhere else after you've already waited weeks for it to arrive.

At least 50% of my books from Speedyhen arrived badly damaged, and I mean badly and it was always problematic with them.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    At least 50% of my books from Speedyhen arrived badly damaged, and I mean badly and it was always problematic with them.
    I stopped using them until I heard they'd switched to royal mail for delivery, Royal Mail in my area is great, almost never cause any damage to parcel even when Amazon decides that broken glass or something is an acceptable packing material.

The damage to this book blatently happened before it was put in the cardboard sleeve for postage, the shrink wrap is torn around the top of the spine and the dustjackets got a quarter inch tear in it. Theres no way that happened in transit.

I stopped using them until I heard they'd switched to royal mail for delivery, Royal Mail in my area is great, almost never cause any damage to parcel even when Amazon decides that broken glass or something is an acceptable packing material.

The damage to this book blatently happened before it was put in the cardboard sleeve for postage, the shrink wrap is torn around the top of the spine and the dustjackets got a quarter inch tear in it. Theres no way that happened in transit.
    That stinks. I hope they sort it out for you in a satisfactory manner. I heard they got better ever since they stopped using Yodel (or so I heard) but for me I received one too many books damaged and they've really hiked up the prices. Also, I live in Poland and my books would be delivered to my Mum or Sister and it was so much hassle having them sort out the returns, waiting for courier pickups and such.

UK buyers, don't use world of books, awful packaging. My Manara HC came in a very thin plastic bag with no padding or packaging at all.

As for Speedyhen, I've only ever had one damaged book from them and they sent me a replacement for free, but even that was packaged really well. Fingers crossed but I've always got well packed books from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    UK buyers, don't use world of books, awful packaging. My Manara HC came in a very thin plastic bag with no padding or packaging at all.

As for Speedyhen, I've only ever had one damaged book from them and they sent me a replacement for free, but even that was packaged really well. Fingers crossed but I've always got well packed books from them.
    I only use world of books when they have a books for dirt cheap, like 2-3quid inc. shipping. For that price I'm okay with the crappy packaging.