Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1452
    Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

So I stupidly forgot to upgrade my shipping form USPS Media Mail to FEDEX on my latest IST order. Any idea how long Media Mail takes?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    So I stupidly forgot to upgrade my shipping form USPS Media Mail to FEDEX on my latest IST order. Any idea how long Media Mail takes?
    Usually only takes a day longer for me, but i imagine that varies depending where you live

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier76 View Post
    I always go usps and it takes 6 days from label creation to my door in Washington state. As an experiment one time I split a big order to get the 2% on the more expensive half, had 1 shipped Fedex the other media. Placed both orders within minutes of each other both shipped the same day and usps beat Fedex by 2 days.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I only use world of books when they have a books for dirt cheap, like 2-3quid inc. shipping. For that price I'm okay with the crappy packaging.
    I've decided to be a lot more discerning with my purchases. If it is in the few pounds range it will be digital. If I'm going to buy a physical book it will be hardback and one I really want to read. I have over 1000 books and I'm sure I've only read 25% of them so no more buying cheap throwaway books.

Amazing Member

I was just wondering about them and bwb (I think they are the same company) how long should it take them to ship and about the packaging. Maybe if I order a bigger package I get a better service or at least better packaging than if I just order like one omnibus? Some of their prices are too good compared to UK prices.
    My order from BWB just arrived after 1-2 weeks of delay. The books were surprisingly well-packaged with some bubble wrap and a lot of paper. I ordered two absolutes and, thankfully, they came in their original boxes. Needless to say, the books were fine and without any damage. Maybe I got lucky this time .

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    Last edited by benkerino; 02-08-2017 at 08:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    My order from BWB just arrived after 1-2 weeks of delay. The books were surprisingly well-packaged with some bubble wrap and a lot of paper. I ordered two absolutes and, thankfully, they came in their original boxes. Needless to say, the books were fine and without any damage. Maybe I got lucky this time .

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg
    You're very fortunate. My Absolute Green Lantern Green Arrow came without its original box last year from BWB.

Did they put both Absolutes in one box? How much did they charge you for shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    I've decided to be a lot more discerning with my purchases. If it is in the few pounds range it will be digital. If I'm going to buy a physical book it will be hardback and one I really want to read. I have over 1000 books and I'm sure I've only read 25% of them so no more buying cheap throwaway books.
    sometimes you can find 15-17 pound hardcovers under 5 pounds from sellers like World of books. I got 2 2000AD collectros editions under 3 pounds from them.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You're very fortunate. My Absolute Green Lantern Green Arrow came without its original box last year from BWB.

Did they put both Absolutes in one box? How much did they charge you for shipping?
    They did indeed arrive in one big box. However, the shipping information claims that the books were dispatched in two separate packages... Not really sure what happened there . The postage and packaging cost landed on around 8 quid.

Quote Originally Posted by benkerino View Post
    They did indeed arrive in one big box. However, the shipping information claims that the books were dispatched in two separate packages... Not really sure what happened there . The postage and packaging cost landed on around 8 quid.
    Thanks for the info. As I thought, they charged you around £4.02 per book which is the regular price for an order to Europe but interestingly they put them in one parcel. The important thing is you got them both in one piece.

sometimes you can find 15-17 pound hardcovers under 5 pounds from sellers like World of books. I got 2 them. 2000AD collectros editions under 3 pounds from them.
    Hmmm..tempting but still if they came all battered I'm not sure if I'd want

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I ordered an Absolute from them a couple days ago and I'll post back here when it shows up.
    So my Copy of Absolute Infinite Crisis arrived from ARTSnCRAFTS~Books

I ordered it on the 1st February and it arrived today 11th February not too bad, they basically taped up the Absolutes original box and slapped a shipping label on it. Initialy I had my reservation when I saw this but in actually its fine, those absolute boxes provide good protection and are very sturdy, the downside was the UK leg of the shipping was handled by MyHermes who are usually awful but they were fine this time.

WP_20170211_11_10_04_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170211_11_13_10_Pro.jpg

I have a copy of Absolute Batmand & Robin and Golden Age Superman Volume 3 I ordered on the same day that I am still waiting for, I'll further update the thread when those come through
    Last edited by drd; 02-11-2017 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    So my Copy of Absolute Infinite Crisis arrived from ARTSnCRAFTS~Books

I ordered it on the 1st February and it arrived today 11th February not too bad, they basically taped up the Absolutes original box and slapped a shipping label on it. Initialy I had my reservation when I saw this but in actually its fine, those absolute boxes provide good protection and are very sturdy, the downside was the UK leg of the shipping was handled by MyHermes who are usually awful but they were fine this time.

WP_20170211_11_10_04_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170211_11_13_10_Pro.jpg

I have a copy of Absolute Batmand & Robin and Golden Age Superman Volume 3 I ordered on the same day that I am still waiting for, I'll further update the thread when those come through
    That's worrying they didn't put it in another box but thankfully your book came undamaged. I wonder in what form your second Absolute will come in.

Well, that's put me in a bit of a pickle as to whether to order my Absolute from ARTSnCRAFTS~Books or BWB

That's worrying they didn't put it in another box but thankfully your book came undamaged. I wonder in what form your second Absolute will come in.

Well, that's put me in a bit of a pickle as to whether to order my Absolute from ARTSnCRAFTS~Books or BWB
    ARTSnCRAFTS and BWB is the same company. I've ordered from them both and the return adress mentions the same company. There customer service has the same people.

I think it's fine. Those absolute boxes are MUCH sturdier than anything UK companies use to ship hundreds of pounds worth of books.

I have ordered from arts n crafts quite a few times and apart from the wait (no biggie) I have never had a problem with them, speedyhen until they changed to Royal Mail I was forever having loads of problems, strangely it is now normally cheaper to order books off speedyhen through Amazon, I saved about a fiver doing this on the punisher complete Collection vol 5 and Ninjak deluxe vol 1