Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1452
    Amazing Member

The last couple of book preorders I've had with Amazon.com have been very late to ship, despite being available for purchase and listed as "In stock". Am I the only one ?

Quote Originally Posted by rtk79 View Post
    The last couple of book preorders I've had with Amazon.com have been very late to ship, despite being available for purchase and listed as "In stock". Am I the only one ?
    I had one order a few weeks ago from co.uk that said 'dispatches immediately" but it took 5 days to ship.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rtk79 View Post
    Nope. They've been late on some books with me as well.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Same here.

Fantastic Member

Even on books that aren't pre-orders, I've noticed it taking an extra day or two to ship from Amazon.ca. I think they are actually delaying shipping a bit to make sure non-prime free shipping orders aren't arriving as quickly as Prime orders, lol...

That's how it was shipped from US to UK by Amazon. No protection, no damage, so why bother.

I received my Amazing Spider-man Volume 3 Omnibus today from Reed Comics. Once again, really good packaging and quick dispatch and delivery. Definitely my go to place for big books.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member

Hi guys,

After a bit of advice from the community!

I have been selling sections of my massive comic collection on ebay for a few years now, as I upgrade to Omnibus formats. I have never had anyone question the quality of my sold comics or books (nearly all bought, read carefully once, bagged, boarded and stored in the dark), so I list as NM for the most part. Someone has bought my old X-Statix collection and immediately come back requesting a return for the following reasons:
    "After checking the comics, 27 of them have either obvious spine wear, creases coming from the spine, marks on the cover, damaged corners or the inside pages of the comic sticking several centimetres out from the cover. With this in mind, these 27 comics are not in near mint condition as listed."

So he's claiming 2/3's of the comics I sent are apparently in pretty poor condition, which I will have to argue is untrue. However, it's the last point that I really need advice on - "the inside pages of the comic sticking several centimetres out from the cover."

Firstly, I will assume in my response he means millimetres, not centimetres - if it were cm, it would be visible from the listing photo and I'll reject his claim outright.
    Even if he did mean mm though, my experience is this is quite a common occurrence in comic manufacturing and this is the state it came off the line in, which I could not have done anything about. So my question to you fine people is this, IF the comic covers were slightly narrower than the page length (at manufacture), does this significantly effect the grading?

Here is the link to the auction if anyone fancied a look:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/X-Force-116-...p2047675.l2557

Thanks in advance for any advice / info.
    Last edited by jm21; 06-24-2017 at 12:47 PM.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Hey everyone. Today i got my invincible ultimate collection vol 2 from wordery i opened it up and found thisIMG_1150.jpgIMG_1152.jpg its still attached to the book so no problem there. Is it worth the hassle of sending it back or do you think i could get some money refunded for the damages? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Hey everyone. Today i got my invincible ultimate collection vol 2 from wordery i opened it up and found thisIMG_1150.jpgIMG_1152.jpg its still attached to the book so no problem there. Is it worth the hassle of sending it back or do you think i could get some money refunded for the damages? Thanks
    I should contact them and let them decide what they will do about it. Then it's up to you if you're okay with their proposal.

Fantastic Member

i keep books with similar damage but that's because it's just not worth it returning them for a replacement, first of all because shipping rates here are insane and second there's no guarantee a replacement will arrive in a better condition. depending on the seller/shop, i usually get a refund within the range of 20-50%. but you live in England, so maybe your replacements stand a better chance. anyway, you should definitely contact the seller and see what they suggest.

you can try to send it back for another copy, dunno if it will cost you anything I've never tried it. But this type of damage is kind of expected with Wordery, their packaging is just crap. If you try to go for a refund they'll probably offer you 10%

Thanks for the replys, Just waiting for an email back. I have ordered two omnibus from speedyhen and had no problems so from now on i will use them or try out some other sellers on amazon. Anyone in the uk know the best sellers i should try out?

Thanks for the replys, Just waiting for an email back. I have ordered two omnibus from speedyhen and had no problems so from now on i will use them or try out some other sellers on amazon. Anyone in the uk know the best sellers i should try out?
    speedyhen's packaging is just as bad and I order a lot from them. The best is probably Forbidden Planet International if you preorder. You might spend a couple quids more and they can take their time with despatching but their packaging is really good. Also on ebay mastercomics11 is a good seller, he is not an online shop but he sells omnibuses, ohcs and other stuff for good prices regularly and he has good packaging.
    I've ordered once from bookinmail on amazon but they packaged that well. Also Book etc if I remember correctly had decent packaging too.
    Bargainbooktimes, westmorelandbooks and readformore I think are the same company, they sell lot of remaindered Marvel books for cheap with fast shipping and decent packaging.
    Plumcircle is a US seller and they mostly sell remaindered books too but they have good prices, decent packaging and it never took me more than 2 weeks to get the books.
    Also check the sales on cheap-comics.com. They have 15 euro flat rate shipping but the packaging is bombproof.
    Other than these it's a crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    speedyhen's packaging is just as bad and I order a lot from them. The best is probably Forbidden Planet International if you preorder. You might spend a couple quids more and they can take their time with despatching but their packaging is really good. Also on ebay mastercomics11 is a good seller, he is not an online shop but he sells omnibuses, ohcs and other stuff for good prices regularly and he has good packaging.
    I've ordered once from bookinmail on amazon but they packaged that well. Also Book etc if I remember correctly had decent packaging too.
    Bargainbooktimes, westmorelandbooks and readformore I think are the same company, they sell lot of remaindered Marvel books for cheap with fast shipping and decent packaging.
    Plumcircle is a US seller and they mostly sell remaindered books too but they have good prices, decent packaging and it never took me more than 2 weeks to get the books.
    Also check the sales on cheap-comics.com. They have 15 euro flat rate shipping but the packaging is bombproof.
    Other than these it's a crapshoot.
    I have brought from bargainbook/westmoreland and mastercomics and had no problems. Will check out the others you suggested, thanks