Page 76 of 97 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1452
    Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Just got back from the shop and wordery refunded me 50% from the book. Happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Just got back from the shop and wordery refunded me 50% from the book. Happy with that
    Had it happen a few times (the 50% refund) I don't think SH can be bothered with the returns, as long as it isn't to much damage, I always take the cash

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    darn! I had a similar ding 2 years ago and they only offered me 10%.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    darn! I had a similar ding 2 years ago and they only offered me 10%.
    Other than 2 paperbacks i brought through ebay a couple months ago this is the first book i ordered from the actual website. Maybe it was a bigger refund so that i dont stop using them in the future

What happened to the packaging of Bookdepository? Lately I receive damaged books constantly. This came today:
    20171011_125812.jpg20171011_125839.jpg20171011_132028.jpg
    I may only upload 3 photo's, but you've got the idea. They will sort it out like they always do, but I hate to claim by almost every order I place.
    Last edited by JPAR; 10-11-2017 at 06:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I think my omnibus was stolen lol. It apparently arrived last week according to the royal mail tracker and my university tracker showed someone signed for it but they claim that the person who signed for it and is named doesn't even exist and they don't have it. Furthermore, I wasn't left a card saying that it was left somewhere else. I've contacted speedyhen and the royal mail but I'm a bit annoyed. It's not their fault but I can't help but feel like someone at my university has misplaced it. How else could it show up on their system as having been scanned through but it hasn't? Worst part is that I paid for the next day delivery :/

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I think my omnibus was stolen lol. It apparently arrived last week according to the royal mail tracker and my university tracker showed someone signed for it but they claim that the person who signed for it and is named doesn't even exist and they don't have it. Furthermore, I wasn't left a card saying that it was left somewhere else. I've contacted speedyhen and the royal mail but I'm a bit annoyed. It's not their fault but I can't help but feel like someone at my university has misplaced it. How else could it show up on their system as having been scanned through but it hasn't? Worst part is that I paid for the next day delivery :/
    Another possibility is that the driver signed for it, to make it look like it was delivered on their system, but he couldn't actually hand it over for whatever reason (the building was closed or something). It might still be in his van and he might drop it off another time. I've experienced this with Amazon's delivery dudes. I'm not sure if Royal Mail are capable of the same thing, but you never know. Either way, it stinks.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

I had this exact scenario happen with speedyhen a couple weeks ago. Email from Royal Mail to say that my parcel had been delivered to a neighbour or safe space, but no card through the door. None of the neighbours who usually take parcels in for me had it and royal mail said they wouldn't tell me where it had been delivered I had to contact the company I brought from.

Speedyhen were pretty unhelpful, took about 4 emails for the customer service guy to understand that I had already checked with my neighbours and tried contacting royal mail but they wouldn't answer me.

Ended up just getting a refund off them. Never did find the book.

Incredible Member

I've had problems recently with a certain type of packing. Its not a box. its like this wrap around cardboard packaging which offers terrible protection at top/bottom. Had to return a few with deep dings. I replaced a few of these damaged books and went from pretty damaged to only sort of. How many times will people return books for replacements until they get fed up and just buy from someone else? Recently had 2 damaged copies of the punisher omnibus and than ordered from amazon and I happily received a great copy. I will note that I received a damaged book from amazon (swamp thing omnibus). Within a half hour of me clicking on the return option, I had a replacement copy preparing for shipment. Replacement copy was perfect. As was the War of Kings Omnibus that shipped with the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I've had problems recently with a certain type of packing. Its not a box. its like this wrap around cardboard packaging which offers terrible protection at top/bottom. Had to return a few with deep dings. I replaced a few of these damaged books and went from pretty damaged to only sort of. How many times will people return books for replacements until they get fed up and just buy from someone else? Recently had 2 damaged copies of the punisher omnibus and than ordered from amazon and I happily received a great copy. I will note that I received a damaged book from amazon (swamp thing omnibus). Within a half hour of me clicking on the return option, I had a replacement copy preparing for shipment. Replacement copy was perfect. As was the War of Kings Omnibus that shipped with the replacement.
    oh everyone uses those carboard half boxes, we can complain every time for years (which we basically already did) they won't change it. I think we are a very niche market and sellers and the majority of the costumers who just want books cheaper than from the bookshops don't really care.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Another possibility is that the driver signed for it, to make it look like it was delivered on their system, but he couldn't actually hand it over for whatever reason (the building was closed or something). It might still be in his van and he might drop it off another time. I've experienced this with Amazon's delivery dudes. I'm not sure if Royal Mail are capable of the same thing, but you never know. Either way, it stinks.
    I hope this theory is correct. It was delivered early morning, but they shouldn't claim to have delivered it if they didn't which sucks.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I had this exact scenario happen with speedyhen a couple weeks ago. Email from Royal Mail to say that my parcel had been delivered to a neighbour or safe space, but no card through the door. None of the neighbours who usually take parcels in for me had it and royal mail said they wouldn't tell me where it had been delivered I had to contact the company I brought from.

Speedyhen were pretty unhelpful, took about 4 emails for the customer service guy to understand that I had already checked with my neighbours and tried contacting royal mail but they wouldn't answer me.

Ended up just getting a refund off them. Never did find the book.
    Ah great. Sounds like I'm in for a battle aha! At this stage I've given up on the book. I'll take the refund gladly as I have Thor to read anyways.

Incredible Member

Yes. Its a niche market for sure. lol I've only returned a handful of items mostly in the last few weeks. The swamp thing was dinged hard enough to push the spine/pages in. I dont return a book with tiny flaws as theres no guarantee the replacement will be any better. I am waiting on my first order from In Stock Trades. Its odd to feel excited to see well packed books! On the plus side, except for the swamp thing return, ive had a run of 6-7 big omnibus' arriving in perfect condition from Amazon. And with little to no protection. I luckily have good mail delivery with boxes rarely dinged.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Ah great. Sounds like I'm in for a battle aha! At this stage I've given up on the book. I'll take the refund gladly as I have Thor to read anyways.
    Yes, absolutely don't give in without a fight. From my experience with Speedyhen, they will try to fob you off with various excuses or feeble alternatives. Don't accept anything less than the book itself or a full refund.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Yes. Its a niche market for sure. lol I've only returned a handful of items mostly in the last few weeks. The swamp thing was dinged hard enough to push the spine/pages in. I dont return a book with tiny flaws as theres no guarantee the replacement will be any better. I am waiting on my first order from In Stock Trades. Its odd to feel excited to see well packed books! On the plus side, except for the swamp thing return, ive had a run of 6-7 big omnibus' arriving in perfect condition from Amazon. And with little to no protection. I luckily have good mail delivery with boxes rarely dinged.
    It's a great feeling getting that first order from IST I've been ordering from them since March 2016 and they haven't let me down. On the rare occasion, I've received a damaged book, they've always done me right.