Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1452
    Extraordinary Member

Good news; Speedyhen offered me another copy or a refund. I chose another copy.....

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Good news; Speedyhen offered me another copy or a refund. I chose another copy.....
    nice! Let's hope this one arrives and nothing gets lost again (your situation with the deliveries would kill me, I can barely handle the stress over redeliveries when packages arrive while I'm in work).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    nice! Let's hope this one arrives and nothing gets lost again (your situation with the deliveries would kill me, I can barely handle the stress over redeliveries when packages arrive while I'm in work).
    I'm worried about it tbh. I just want it here you know? I paid a lot lol

Extraordinary Member

Update:

A book arrived today so I assume it finally came. I have no idea however if it is the first copy or the second one.

Update:

A book arrived today so I assume it finally came. I have no idea however if it is the first copy or the second one.
    Probably the first one. That'd be super fast delivery if it was the second one! Bet it was the driver who still had it on his van and he's finally dropping it off.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Extraordinary Member

It was the 2nd! For it shows as having dispatched yesterday and it wa ssent on the premium one judging by the invoice.

It was the 2nd! For it shows as having dispatched yesterday and it wa ssent on the premium one judging by the invoice.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Incredible Member

I received my first In Stock Trades order. Planet Hulk, Velvet Deluxe, Criminal Deluxe 2 and a couple of Batman paperbacks. That is the best packaging job I’ve ever seen for anything I’ve ever ordered. Even my wife was impressed.

Anyone ordered internationally from In Stock Trades? Does the shipping scale with the order (cheaper for lot of books?) The prices are so insanely cheaper than what we have to pay over here in Europe that I'm wondering if it might be worth just putting in a bulk order every few months rather than buy things piecemeal over here.

Incredible Member

I pay international rates in Canada. It helps to add in small books with large books to balance it out.
    Additional shipping for a paperback or small book adds practically nothing.

Extraordinary Member

Swamp Thing arrived good from Amazon. They first toldme that it was coming next week but here it is.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Anyone ordered internationally from In Stock Trades? Does the shipping scale with the order (cheaper for lot of books?) The prices are so insanely cheaper than what we have to pay over here in Europe that I'm wondering if it might be worth just putting in a bulk order every few months rather than buy things piecemeal over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    I pay international rates in Canada. It helps to add in small books with large books to balance it out.
    Additional shipping for a paperback or small book adds practically nothing.
    I live in Poland and have been ordering from IST for the last year and a half. I can't fault them regarding the products and packaging. Top notch. When you add a book to the cart, the shipping starts off at around $30, but as you add books, it goes up minimally. That's why it's not worth your while ordering only one book. The shipping is calculated based on the weight of the book, so big Omnibuses will have higher shipping costs, but as RamblingMan wrote, smaller books such as TPBs or very thin OHCs have much lower costs, except as I wrote earlier if you are only ordering one book which is really not worth it. Awkward bulky books such as Absolutes and box sets have pretty high shipping costs.

You should set up an account and start placing stuff in your cart and check how the shipping changes each time. Play around with the products. I usually order an Omnibus and a couple of smaller books (sometimes an OHC also) or 2 Omnibuses and maybe a small book.

Cool, thanks guys

Couple of excessively bad orders in the last week:

Book Depository - sent out a TPB in a plastic jiffy bag. Of course it's been dropped and bashed to buggery, big creases down front and back covers and bent corners. Complained and they've offered 30% off. Probably just take it to avoid the hassle of sending it back for a replacement, but will avoid them in future.

UKPaperbackshop - took my money for the Ennis Punisher omni, marked the thing as dispatched, and then nothing. Contacted them and they now say the can't fulfil because they're out of stock. Why send out a dispatch notice then? And if I hadn't contacted them, would they have just kept my money? Another one I'll avoid in future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Couple of excessively bad orders in the last week:

Book Depository - sent out a TPB in a plastic jiffy bag. Of course it's been dropped and bashed to buggery, big creases down front and back covers and bent corners. Complained and they've offered 30% off. Probably just take it to avoid the hassle of sending it back for a replacement, but will avoid them in future.

UKPaperbackshop - took my money for the Ennis Punisher omni, marked the thing as dispatched, and then nothing. Contacted them and they now say the can't fulfil because they're out of stock. Why send out a dispatch notice then? And if I hadn't contacted them, would they have just kept my money? Another one I'll avoid in future.
    I never had that problem with UKPaperbackshop but had it with others (Xbiteworld on ebay). Bookdepository is the worst but the sadly they are the best option for the rest of Europe.