Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1452
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Cool.
    I will keep those recomendations of Cheap Comics in mind in my next orders of TPB´s or Omnibuses.
    Lisbon is a great city indeed,nice to see people of another countries having a similiar opinion.
    Speaking of which where are you from if you don´t mind me asking?

I have already the first Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus but i am considerating ordering one ASM omnibus from Cheap Comics because of the good things i read about the web site.
    I was born amd raised in England, but at present I'm living in Poland( (over 20 years now) with my wife, kids and pets. I'm Polish by blood but British by citizenship.

Btw, I would jump on the ASM Omnibus Vol.2 if you see it at a decent price. I believe it will be one of the clearanced Omnis that Marvel is getting rid of. Once it goes OOP, prices will rapidly increase.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I was born amd raised in England, but at present I'm living in Poland( (over 20 years now) with my wife, kids and pets. I'm Polish by blood but British by citizenship.

Btw, I would jump on the ASM Omnibus Vol.2 if you see it at a decent price. I believe it will be one of the clearanced Omnis that Marvel is getting rid of. Once it goes OOP, prices will rapidly increase.
    Cool.I was born in Germany but i was raised in Portugal.
    Thanks for the recomendation,ASM Omnibus:2 will be for sure the next book i will buy.
    Do Marvel Omnibuses stay much time as OOP?
    I am asking because two of the Marvel Omnibuses i want to buy (Spider-Man by Roger Stern and Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane) are curently OOP.

Incredible Member

Cool.I was born in Germany but i was raised in Portugal.
    Thanks for the recomendation,ASM Omnibus:2 will be for sure the next book i will buy.
    Do Marvel Omnibuses stay much time as OOP?
    I am asking because two of the Marvel Omnibuses i want to buy (Spider-Man by Roger Stern and Spider-Man by David Michelinie and Tod McFarlane) are curently OOP.
    You never can say for certain what or when will get reprinted but Marvel doesn't have a great record of reprinting omni's. Unfortunately I wouldn't count on reprints of those.
    I brew the beer you drink. What's your super power?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brewman View Post
    You never can say for certain what or when will get reprinted but Marvel doesn't have a great record of reprinting omni's. Unfortunately I wouldn't count on reprints of those.
    Thats disapointing.
    The Roger Stern and the David Michelinie Omnibuses are two of the Omnibuses that i was looking forward the most to buy when i started collecting Omnibus.
    With the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibuses,Thor and Daredevil Omnibuses being back at new printings i was hoping for these two to be back in new printings soon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    BOOKSetc.co.uk they also sell through amazon
    Have you ordered from them since you asked here? Maybe I'm gonna try them too.

Thats disapointing.
    The Roger Stern and the David Michelinie Omnibuses are two of the Omnibuses that i was looking forward the most to buy when i started collecting Omnibus.
    With the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibuses,Thor and Daredevil Omnibuses being back at new printings i was hoping for these two to be back in new printings soon as well.
    Check this https://www.cheap-comics.com/?submit...er-man+omnibus

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thats disapointing.
    You should really pick up the Roger Stern Spider-Man Omnibus asap. It was going at clearance for quite some time now and I believe is also included in the recent Marvel clearance. If you see it at a reasonable price take it. Try the amazon marketplace for example.

Incredible Member

When it comes to Omnibus buying, you should first buy what you want to read of course. Besides that pay attention to what has been out for a few years which won’t be available forever. Not everything will get reprinted or reprinted in omnibus forum. The best bet for the Roger Stern material is that it will be reprinted in epic or other TP collection.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Just got my punisher omnibus from books etc. I ordered the thor vol 2 ohc at the same time but was sent seperate.
    The book was packaged in one of those carboard wrap around things which i havent had a problem with before but they could of packed it a little tighter. The book itself has a bit a scuffing at the top of the dust jacket and underneath on the book in the same spot but nothing i think is worth sending back for.
    IMG_1634.jpgIMG_1636.jpgIMG_1635.jpg
    I still have the thor OHC and another book coming so depending if they get delivered ok like the wolverine book i might order one more omnibus from them before i decide whether i want to order any more big books from them in the future.
    Last edited by RickyMeister; 01-05-2018 at 02:29 AM.

And the box it came in. IMG_1637.jpg

Just got my punisher omnibus from books etc. I ordered the thor vol 2 ohc at the same time but was sent seperate.
    The book was packaged in one of those carboard wrap around things which i havent had a problem with before but they could of packed it a little tighter. The book itself has a bit a scuffing at the top of the dust jacket and underneath on the book in the same spot but nothing i think is worth sending back for.
    I still have the thor OHC and another book coming so depending if they get delivered ok like the wolverine book i might order one more omnibus from them before i decide whether i want to order any more big books from them in the future.
    I wouldn't accept that. If it comes dented like that I'll contact them. You pay good money for it, so they have to make sure it arrives un-damaged.

I have sent them a message. Also since opening the book i have noticed the pages of the book letting of some sort of factory smell. I have never noticed any new books be like that for me, would that go away after a few days or will it stay?
    Edit: Nevermind, thinks its just the neighbours working in the car outside i can smell
    Last edited by RickyMeister; 01-05-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rickymeister View Post
    i have sent them a message. Also since opening the book i have noticed the pages of the book letting of some sort of factory smell. I have never noticed any new books be like that for me, would that go away after a few days or will it stay?
    Edit: Nevermind, thinks its just the neighbours working in the car outside i can smell
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    lol!
    Mom told me they use some sort of coal burner because of the cold, that probably explains the smell . Have your books been dispatched yet? It took them like 5/6 days to dispatch, but my speedyhen order i did 2 days after arrived before booksetc even dispatched them(two of which are yet to arrive)

If it was me, I'd send that back. When I buy a decent, expensive book, I always think of the future and whether or not I may end up wanting to sell it. If the book is damaged, it will be harder to sell and you won't get as much for it. Obviously it's your book and your choice and if you only want to read the content inside then the damage makes no difference. They might offer a partial refund, which could make up for the "value" of damage.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"