Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1452

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Mom told me they use some sort of coal burner because of the cold, that probably explains the smell . Have your books been dispatched yet? It took them like 5/6 days to dispatch, but my speedyhen order i did 2 days after arrived before booksetc even dispatched them(two of which are yet to arrive)
    They've dispatched one after 5 days. The other still isn't dispatched. So I've sent them a message yesterday, still no respons. If I look for the book (tmnt 1) on their site it's out of stock.

Incredible Member

Getting a replacement Shang Chi Vol. 1 omnibus as the first one got lost some where along the way. Based on tracking updates, Canadapost either didn't get it or they misplaced it. Regardless, getting a new copy sent out. First time this has ever happened to a package for me for anything.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

On November 25th I purchased four books from Barnes and Noble. On December 25th they had still not arrived, and the last tracking update was on December 7th, when it still hadn't even crossed the border yet (I live in Canada). I emailed B&N to complain that I was hoping to have it in time for Christmas, and it appears to have made no progress in over two weeks. I don't like to complain, but I always hear stories of people complaining to big companies and getting good discounts. They replied that they consider it lost in the mail, and gave me a full refund. Two days ago it showed up at my house with the strangest packaging I have ever seen, the box was inside a giant bag that was much too large for the size of the package. I never told B&N that it actually arrived so I do feel kinda guilty, but at the same time it was intended as a Christmas gift for me and my brother and they failed to deliver it in reasonable time. Here's a picture:

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post
    On November 25th I purchased four books from Barnes and Noble. On December 25th they had still not arrived, and the last tracking update was on December 7th, when it still hadn't even crossed the border yet (I live in Canada). I emailed B&N to complain that I was hoping to have it in time for Christmas, and it appears to have made no progress in over two weeks. I don't like to complain, but I always hear stories of people complaining to big companies and getting good discounts. They replied that they consider it lost in the mail, and gave me a full refund. Two days ago it showed up at my house with the strangest packaging I have ever seen, the box was inside a giant bag that was much too large for the size of the package. I never told B&N that it actually arrived so I do feel kinda guilty, but at the same time it was intended as a Christmas gift for me and my brother and they failed to deliver it in reasonable time. Here's a picture:

I got this type of packaging before with international shipments. It's great cause it allows the people who handle your books to easily swing it across bigger distances without much effort (please insert irony).
    Also don't feel bad, you didn't ask for a refund and they are a very big company who regularly ship big and expensive books in the most ridiculously inadequate packaging. They don't care about your book you don't have to care about the refund.

Just got my punisher omnibus from books etc. I ordered the thor vol 2 ohc at the same time but was sent seperate.
    The book was packaged in one of those carboard wrap around things which i havent had a problem with before but they could of packed it a little tighter. The book itself has a bit a scuffing at the top of the dust jacket and underneath on the book in the same spot but nothing i think is worth sending back for.
    Attachment 60345Attachment 60346Attachment 60347
    I still have the thor OHC and another book coming so depending if they get delivered ok like the wolverine book i might order one more omnibus from them before i decide whether i want to order any more big books from them in the future.
    I would say they will offer you a partial refund. Not sure if you can exchange it for a new copy but a lot of bigger online shops say they can't guarantee the new copy will arrive in a better condition. Apparently it's just absolutely impossible to pass down a message to the warehouse to package that order carefully. After like 6 or 7 years of collecting and ordering online it still amazes me how many hoots they don't give even when you pay over a £100 or more.

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    They've dispatched one after 5 days. The other still isn't dispatched. So I've sent them a message yesterday, still no respons. If I look for the book (tmnt 1) on their site it's out of stock.
    Today the package of Booksetc arrived. It was in perfect condition. The book inside also. And I just received an email. They can't deliver tmnt 1, so they cancelled it

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I would say they will offer you a partial refund. Not sure if you can exchange it for a new copy but a lot of bigger online shops say they can't guarantee the new copy will arrive in a better condition. Apparently it's just absolutely impossible to pass down a message to the warehouse to package that order carefully. After like 6 or 7 years of collecting and ordering online it still amazes me how many hoots they don't give even when you pay over a £100 or more.
    That's why I ordered only once with them. Never again.

All-New Member

Lightbulb Aliensinmycomics.com

If only more online stores cared so much for their customers; shipping was perfect to where they packaged my 5 comics so they couldn't bend and had free three day shipping; albeit I had to spend $100 however I got mine at 45% off to where these guys could have sold them for way more on ebay. Sucks though that they don't have newer comics! Has anybody bought from them before and do you know if they will be closing their site down? It is listed for sale and nothing is newer than a few years ago.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, I can absolutely confirm that their packaging is top notch.
    Yes it is, i finally got my IST package on Monday, so it took about 6 weeks to arrive (minus the 2 weeks that it waited the pickup in their warehouse). I Paid about 60€ for the shipment + custom taxes, and still my three Marvel omnis came under the usual prices of Amazonand others here in Europe.

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Has anyone in the UK brought used books from PlumcirclebooksUSA or Bookoutlet2USA on the amazon marketplace?
    Looking to buy some books that are harder to get from uk sellers without having to pay double the price.

Has anyone in the UK brought used books from PlumcirclebooksUSA or Bookoutlet2USA on the amazon marketplace?
    Looking to buy some books that are harder to get from uk sellers without having to pay double the price.
    I think Bookoutlet is your average cheapo seller like booksanywhere and such. Plumcircle is pretty good, usually their book are remainder marked but in great condition and they package them quite well. On average it took them 10 working days to arrive when I've ordered from them.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think Bookoutlet is your average cheapo seller like booksanywhere and such. Plumcircle is pretty good, usually their book are remainder marked but in great condition and they package them quite well. On average it took them 10 working days to arrive when I've ordered from them.
    Pretty much what Balakin wrote on both accounts. With regards to Plumcircle, I highly recommend them.

Thanks, going to order a couple from them now and see how it goes.

Astonishing Member

Thumbs up for Amazon. es.
    My order arrived today just as was said in the web site when i made my order for Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus:2.

Just got 2 paperbacks from Plumcircle, i ordered them on the 17th and they arrived today. The books arrived in good condition with no knocks or creasing and they was packed in a bubble envelope as well as being wrapped in abit of extra bubble wrap, and there was a piece of cardboard in the envelope to stop them getting bent. I will be buying from them again for sure