Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1452
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Ordered a used masterwork from amazon.co.uk market place (fulfilled by Amazon). It was advertised as like new. I wouldnt know if it was like new. The packaging made sure it didnt arrive like that. Thin cardboard (more like paper) envelope. Not even a bubblewrap envelope. Nice dented corners. Dust jacket slid off partially in transit so that got damaged more. Lesson learned. Buy stuff like masterworks when they are still available from someone like instocktrades.
    Send a polite email to amazon.co.uk customer service with no demands just stating the condition of the book and that you're very unhappy, in particular, that it was supposed to be Like New and also mention the packaging. I'm confident they'll offer you a full refund and possibly other options.

Btw, who was the seller?

Mighty Member

Sigh, another eBay purchase, another damaged book. Every six months or so it seems i need to remind myself why i don't like to buy 3rd party books. Packaging seemed decent, but i end up with dinged corner somehow. Unless i order from IST, it seems like i have a less than 50% success rate from eBay, reddit, etc. This is why i don't have a lot of the oop books, cause I'm not paying those prices with my shipping luck. I need to just buy everything I've a passing interest in when it comes out from IST lol

PBShop.co.uk on ebay gets a thumbs up from me. Thick reinforced cardboard packaging for a single deluxe.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Send a polite email to amazon.co.uk customer service with no demands just stating the condition of the book and that you're very unhappy, in particular, that it was supposed to be Like New and also mention the packaging. I'm confident they'll offer you a full refund and possibly other options.

Btw, who was the seller?
    It was jubilee or something. I bought through them because it was shipped by amazon. Not sure how that works. At least I thought I should get their regular packaging which is not always great but I know what to expect. It's always at least cardboard! I never expected an envelope type thing. I used to think a bubble envelope was the worst case. I was wrong.
    Yes I should contact them. Its a good lesson. Only buy through people I know and trust and make sure I buy something like a MMW while they are in stock and I can buy regular price from IST.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by awayne83 View Post
    Sigh, another eBay purchase, another damaged book. Every six months or so it seems i need to remind myself why i don't like to buy 3rd party books. Packaging seemed decent, but i end up with dinged corner somehow. Unless i order from IST, it seems like i have a less than 50% success rate from eBay, reddit, etc. This is why i don't have a lot of the oop books, cause I'm not paying those prices with my shipping luck. I need to just buy everything I've a passing interest in when it comes out from IST lol
    Yes! This is my exact thought!

It was jubilee or something. I bought through them because it was shipped by amazon. Not sure how that works. At least I thought I should get their regular packaging which is not always great but I know what to expect. It's always at least cardboard! I never expected an envelope type thing. I used to think a bubble envelope was the worst case. I was wrong.
    Yes I should contact them. Its a good lesson. Only buy through people I know and trust and make sure I buy something like a MMW while they are in stock and I can buy regular price from IST.
    Jubilee? Not heard of them but will make sure to avoid them.

If they were fulfilled by Amazon.co.uk, then amazon will take care of the refund and so on. Definitely do contact them.

Received my Spider-man by McFarlane omnibus today from Forbidden Planet. This was my first online order with them and the packaging was great. It came wrapped and taped in thick bubble wrap, which had another layer of thick bubble wrap around that, in a big, chunky cardboard box that was much bigger than the book. Not a single ding or dent in the book. Very pleased
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

Spectacular Member RickyMeister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffySheep View Post
    Received my Spider-man by McFarlane omnibus today from Forbidden Planet. This was my first online order with them and the packaging was great. It came wrapped and taped in thick bubble wrap, which had another layer of thick bubble wrap around that, in a big, chunky cardboard box that was much bigger than the book. Not a single ding or dent in the book. Very pleased
    Is that .com or .co.uk?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Only buy through people I know and trust and make sure I buy something like a MMW while they are in stock and I can buy regular price from IST.
    This has been my mantra for buying for at least 7-8 years now after I got burned on a Spawn Origins Deluxe sent to me in just a plain oversized envelope. The caveat was that book was so out of print that finding it for a good after market price was tough. I paid $400 and left the Ebay seller a scathing negative. It was a store and he emailed me asking me to remove it, how could he make it right. I said refund me half, which I thought he'd never agree to but he did so I removed it. He told me he had talked to the employee who shipped it against policy(sounds like a cover but maybe it's true).

At any rate if I have a serious interest in a book I do my best to order week of release or no more than a few months out to avoid having an Uncanny X-Force Omni situation on my hands. I only order new from IST. The only non-IST order I've had was Klaus by Morrison(a thinner OHC) from Amazon. It shipped in one of those cardboard wrap around but actually arrived unscathed.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by RickyMeister View Post
    Is that .com or .co.uk?
    .co.uk. I haven't ordered from .com before. I do buy stuff IN the shops, but this was my first purchase online from either of them.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I was fuming yesterday! Bloody Yodel left my package in front of my door again while I was in work! Not the first time it happened and in both cases the packages were worth a fair amount (also the contents are not easily replaceable)
    I'm pretty sure it was Yodel because they are the only ones doing that but the label on the box only said 13ten which I never heard about. I got very worried since I will be on holiday for a week and I have 2 more packages coming through them.
    After ebay customer service proved to be less than useless I've googled 13ten (they are like a distribution centre) and messaged their customer service. Within 5 minutes I got a phone call from them and they said they will put the packages on hold for me. So if anyone in the UK has similar problems I would encourage you to contact 13ten, amazing customer service.
    I still can't find the option to complain to ebay about Yodel though.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I was fuming yesterday! Bloody Yodel left my package in front of my door again while I was in work! Not the first time it happened and in both cases the packages were worth a fair amount (also the contents are not easily replaceable)
    I'm pretty sure it was Yodel because they are the only ones doing that but the label on the box only said 13ten which I never heard about. I got very worried since I will be on holiday for a week and I have 2 more packages coming through them.
    After ebay customer service proved to be less than useless I've googled 13ten (they are like a distribution centre) and messaged their customer service. Within 5 minutes I got a phone call from them and they said they will put the packages on hold for me. So if anyone in the UK has similar problems I would encourage you to contact 13ten, amazing customer service.
    I still can't find the option to complain to ebay about Yodel though.
    Yodel are the absolute worst of the worst!

Remind me to always use the free USPS option when I order from IST
    Stupidly I picked the UPS $4 option and the books got sent out on Thursday and
    the delivery information I got was for Today
    and wouldn't you know it........... they send me a late millisecond e-mail and say my
    books will arrive on Tuesday.
    Honest........... I am disappointed ....... I was looking forward to reading my books and
    now I have to get up on Monday and work for the day and get up on Tuesday and work for the day
    and hope my books mange to find there way to my home.
    I don't think Fed-EX or UPS or USPS or any other delivery service realize or understand the priority and
    significance our books have......... they must be delivered when we expect them to be delivered.
    Imagine I tell my boss I will be at my work area on Monday 8:00 am and than 3 seconds before
    my start time I E-Mail my boss and say I expect to be at work on Wednesday at 9:00 and
    they can set up and account with me to receive real time up dates
    and imagine If I set up a live text with my boss and when they ask "Why are you not at work"
    and I reply " Sorry I can not reply to your message as stated. Would you like to rephrase?"
    ....."Your...........FIRED"
    ??? " But..... but...what about my rent.... what about my food..... what about my books.... what about me"

Its funny how this thing happens so much in so many business transactions in life that we (or at least I) have come
    to realize the person speaking live or by E-mail is just another worker like me and the rest of us and
    so always make sure I am respectful and thank them when finished.

Mighty Member

^I haven't been as happy with the shipping since the switch from FedEx either. Maybe they just need an adjustment period

I need to smell the roses